Confused As To What To Do Next?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm so sorry to hear it has got this bad, keeping you and joey in our thoughts tonight, I wish for the best outcome for you and hope the cortisone gives you a little more time together xxx special hugs for your special boy xxx

Thank you CHA x

I'm so sorry Jules. :( He is a lucky boy to have such devoted owners. You are all in my thoughts xx

Awww thank you Kirty, we have tried to give him the best life. x

Just a thought...when my Cavalier was on cortisone, it actually made her worse. She was continually panting, and became very restless and wild eyed. I could only leave her on it for 2 days.

All my good wishes that Joey improves

Yeah well that could explain Joey appearing more alert now than before.. Ironically hes had an eye problem ( due to Miah scratching it ages ago) and he needed a procedure, and its been taking forever to heal, and now its the best we have seen it in long time arghhh

Thank you also CRC x

Fingers crossed Joey gets some relief.

Hugs to you all

Thank you also OSoSwift x

How is Joey this morning Jules?

Id love to report back this morning that hes moving around with ease and hes showing some significant changes, but at almost 7am, theres none that i can see yet.. hes still in the crate. Hubby had him on our bed last night just for a little while and Joey ended up weeing a little bit on it (hes never ever wee'd on the bed) and hubby has had to help him outside and help hold onto it so he do his wee's etc a bit easier.. I think Joey is holding onto them now .. I cant say ive seen him in a lot of pain during this time, hes never yelped even when the Neuro did all those tests on him last week! but I know hes not comfortable and i think it must bother him he cant just get up and walk now crying.gif I think the plan is that my husband will call the vet today and see when he can come out, hopefully around the time hubby gets home from work. If anything gets worse, i will ring my husband and he will come home earlier. At least by then we have given it near enough to 48 hours for the cortisone to have started kicking in.. to see if its going help at all

Thinking of you all today ...

Thank you Pers, i have really appreciated your support throughout this time x

Both hubby and I are emotionally and physically exhausted atm.. I had quite a few anxiety attacks yesterday and had some throughout the night too.. we both hardly slept much last night.. I'm sure my blood pressure is really high atm!

I guess my next update will be when we have given him his wings, unless a significant miracle should happen in the meantime. I'd like to think theres always hope, but i'm not expecting one now..

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

I'm so sorry jules. :( If it makes your decision any easier, I've always found that cortisone kicks in very quickly and you start to see improvement within hours. I think you have waited long enough and if you were going to see improvements, they would have happened by now. :(

Thank you everyone

we have booked the vet and a nurse to come to our house at about 6ish

atm hes in his crate, breathing bit on the fast side, but seems to be totally out of it.. Renae is in the crate with him snuggling up to him heaps.. i havent seen her do that over the last few days till today

Im totally crushed crying.gif I just cant believe how fast is all happening, who would have thought

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs