How Kim Jong-un Didn't Execute His Uncle

SkySoaringMagpie

And it's been confirmed as not true, having come from the Chinese version of The Onion. :o

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/asia-report/china/story/jangs-execution-bodes-ill-china-20131224

According to the report, unlike previous executions of political prisoners which were carried out by firing squads with machine guns, Jang was stripped naked and thrown into a cage, along with his five closest aides. Then 120 hounds, starved for three days, were allowed to prey on them until they were completely eaten up. This is called "quan jue", or execution by dogs.

Edited to point people to a more comprehensive analysis further down the thread from the SMH. Not likely to be true.

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

before reacting, it would be useful to know more about the nature of the report. Does the Strait Times have a good reputation? or an axe to grind?

Given the widespread popular appetite for perversion and gore, if the report is true, I'd expect that it would have received widespread international coverage in mainstream media.

before reacting, it would be useful to know more about the nature of the report. Does the Strait Times have a good reputation? or an axe to grind?

Given the widespread popular appetite for perversion and gore, if the report is true, I'd expect that it would have received widespread international coverage in mainstream media.

I wondered this too.

Whether this is true or not, would withholding food for 3 days cause such a feeding frenzy?

No, I wouldnt think so. The 'hounds' must be wild. If I starved my dogs for 3 days, they'd just be excited to see someone, not eat them!