Preparing For Next Weeks Severe To Extreme Heat...

westiemum

This is how mine spend the day, please note the hose in the water this was in the process of filling it up with CLEAN water :laugh: :eek:

I have two and we use the thicker ones from Bunning's as the clam shaped ones get chewed up

post-23033-0-33626800-1389587755_thumb.jpg

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

currently it's 44.2ºC here atm, doggo is fast asleep on his bed [have the evaporative ac on]. Do have a split system with refrigerated, but doesn't warrant it atm. Doggo hasn't wanted to go outside at all [except for this morning to go out for a quick wee under the verandah].

This is how mine spend the day, please note the hose in the water this was in the process of filling it up with CLEAN water :laugh: :eek:

I have two and we use the thicker ones from Bunning's as the clam shaped ones get chewed up

post-23033-0-33626800-1389587755_thumb.jpg

:laugh:

Tara and Sam loved their clam shell pool

Tynka and Ruby not so much at all

I have to pick them up and put them in there

have a PVC cool mat filled with cool water in it and they wont touch it at all

but does feel nice to lay on ( for me ) :laugh:

air con on and fan pushing it into kitchem where Tynka is and so far she handling it well ,Ruby doing ok today

Like the look of those fans Cas

spoilt dog was in the lounge room with the aircon on, and grizzling at my partner who was in the bedroom reading with the door open.

Took a while to realise spoilt dog was complaining that the aircon in the bedroom was not on and she wanted to be on the bed in the same room with the aircon on in that room. (the lounge aircon is enough to cool bedroom enough for humans, but apparently not for spoilt dogs)

bedroom air con was turned on

Call me crazy, but I haven't found it too bad. It was 43c when I finished my last job for the day.

Partner was home with the dogs all day, has windows open but no A/C.

House is still a decent temp, not too hot.

Not looking forward to taking pup to the vet though. Car will be hot :(

I picked up a cooling mat from HomeArt today, only $25, it came with this one plus one 1/3rd the size which I'll put in part of his crate if he wants to use it.

He's been laying on it for the last half an hour, went off it then came back to it a bit later thumbsup1.gif

I love that you don't have to wet it down or anything.

I originally had it on the wooden floors but it slipped every time he stepped on it.

1525694_10151960756365787_2071335296_n.jpg

We survived the 41- 44 degree days here in Perth by keeping the evaporative AC running. It worked very well as it was a dry heat here.

Bruno stayed inside and only went out the dog door if he had to go pee. Should have seen him zoom back inside out of the baking heat. :laugh: I didn't give him his daily walks either, unheard of. It was so damn hot that he wasn't interested in walks. And it was hot early too, 41 degrees by 9am on Sunday.

I hope those of you about to cop the heatwave are able to keep yourselves and your pets cool.

And I might be stating the obvious, but please have a bushfire plan in place if you live in an area at risk.

Hmmm Kenz says why stop the games just because its hot. Thankfully we have a back yard in pretty deep shade all day and with the sprinkler running it was nice and cool for her to play under. When I got sick of tossing the toy I sprinkled kibble for her to go find underneath it :laugh:. She doesn't "do" playing with the sprinkler but why let it stop her playing her games so is happy to go underneath and end up soaking wet. :rofl:

Edited by ness

My guys went out to play and go to the toilet before but they are back in again now. Clamshells have been refreshed & everyone seems happy enough.

I go back to work on Thursday and will worry about them even though they will be left inside.

Wolff looks pretty happy :laugh:.

I picked up a cooling mat from HomeArt today, only $25, it came with this one plus one 1/3rd the size which I'll put in part of his crate if he wants to use it.

He's been laying on it for the last half an hour, went off it then came back to it a bit later thumbsup1.gif

I love that you don't have to wet it down or anything.

I originally had it on the wooden floors but it slipped every time he stepped on it.

1525694_10151960756365787_2071335296_n.jpg

that is like the one I have

can put cool water or ice blocks in it

its even good for human use on beds :laugh: as I used it one summer when didnt have air con

Little Gifts I remember one summer we had two weeks over 100F , that was unbearable

I think it must be slightly different Tara and Sam, you can't open these ones up, they have a similar substance in them as those camping Hand warmers, but it acts the other way around!

You literally just get it out of the box and lay it down and as soon as your touch it you can feel it getting cool.

I think it must be slightly different Tara and Sam, you can't open these ones up, they have a similar substance in them as those camping Hand warmers, but it acts the other way around!

You literally just get it out of the box and lay it down and as soon as your touch it you can feel it getting cool.

I trying to remember where I got mine from , it can be used with cool water or warm water for winter for dogs

Where did you get yours from ?

Edited by Tara and Sam

I've got cooling mat, cooling bandanna, clam shell pool....... dog proceeds to ignore them all and chooses to bask in the sun. (Dog logic)

There will be someone home all day for the next few scheduled hot days so air con will be working hard for both human's and pet's sakes.

I worry about the ones with gel/substances in them in case the pups get a bit rough with their teeth or claws and break them and eat whatever chemicals are in them :/

I have the cool mats that you wet then wring out and they stay cool for hours - this one. The pugs don't like it if it's tooooo wet (weirdos, they love water!) but will drag it around and lay where it was, thus having a cooler floor to lay on :laugh: