Mooch City Is Miserable: Myrtie Very Sick

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear the news about Myrtie. She is such a cutie

If anyone can help , it is the vets at SASH. Who is treating her? Although they are all wonderful, I think Phil Brain is fabulous and ? Chris Greenwell was also great. Fingers crossed

Just back from SASH. Myrtie is no better, but no worse. She cannot breathe unless in the oxygen "cabinet" and even opening the door for a little while to pet her caused her breathing to labour even more. After I'd been with her for a while, I waiting another half and hour and went back to see her again. This time lateral thinking kicked in and I wrapped a towel around my arm to put through the little door. This formed an air block and I was able to spend a lot more time with her without her breathing getting worse.

It is now just a waiting game to see if the medication can do its job.

Cavs, Chris Grenwell was her vet today and you are right - he is great. Phil Brain used to be at the other emergency centre across the road before they merged. I am pretty sure he did or supervised the very tricky surgery on Caramel - one of the rescue dogs I had some years ago.

She knows about all the good wishes flowing her way and she promises to try. But her little body is very tiny and very very unwell. :cry::cry:

She knows about all the good wishes flowing her way and she promises to try. But her little body is very tiny and very very unwell. :cry::cry:

So long as this wee darling also knows she is so loved, DDD. Specail HUGS & strength for YOU at this time.

:love:

So sorry DDD, I came in hoping for a positive update on Myrtie, very sad to read that she is so unwell. It sounds like she is getting the very, very best of care though and tons of love and healing thoughts. Please add ours, and I'll keep everything crossed that the medication starts to help very soon.

A couple of photos I took of Mytie in her oxygen room. This first one I have my arm through the door and am patting her. You can see the towel wrapped around to stop the oxygenated air escaping. The second is when I am leaving. My poor little girl. She didn't take her eyes off mine practically the whole time.

Myrtie4_zps31d27a58.jpg

Myrtie3_zps9d986eef.jpg

Oh DD my heart breaks for you :cry:

Stay strong Myrtie, everyone here is lifting you over the line little one.

My heart is breaking too, HW. This is all such a shock, one moment a happy energetic little dog and the next fighting for her life.

I've just rung SASH and the medication is not helping :cry::cry: .The vet says she isn't in distress and is resting comfortably, but her respiratory rate has shot up to 68 and it was down to nearly 40 earlier in the day.

So scary.

We have all been through this and I thank everyone for your thoughts and good wishes. They are so trusting; it feels like a betrayal when I see her big eyes looking up at me. I know that's stupid, but . . . . .

We have all been through this and I thank everyone for your thoughts and good wishes. They are so trusting; it feels like a betrayal when I see her big eyes looking up at me. I know that's stupid, but . . . . .

Her eyes are saying Thank you, Momma.... I know you are here.

HUGS>