Dogs Who Rip Stuffing Out

RiverStar-Aura

Nope couldn't care less.

Maddie is the de-stuffer here, she loves it. Nothing makes her happier than ripping the leg of a stuffed animal and manically pulling all the stuffing out lol. I just buy stuffed toys from the op-shop so cheap as chips anyway.

Dame Aussie that's exactly what I told mum -- that I buy them to get destroyed. She replied that it's a waste of money.

There's no winning with her. :shrug:

I love watching Zeus's sh*t eating grin when he's so proud of his efforts!! I don't give too hoots that he kills his toys.

Guest crazydoglady99

Years ago I had a mega destructo dog.. I used to save all my cardboard household recycling, stuff food/treats in them, wrap them in newspapers and sticky tape and give them to him as 'toys'. Messy, but he loved it!

That's like people who want to buy toys for their parrots that they won't destroy.

I'm like....they're parrots....they NEED to destroy!

I get no greater pleasure than watching my dog have the time of her life rolling around, squeaking, pouncing and systematically killing her toys. And when it's stomach is opened, I chuck the stuffing and they have it stuffing-less for a while.

Is your Mum picking up the stuffing?

D loves a good disembowelment, and I'll shove it all back in and let him do it again :thumbsup:

Nope. Any mess my dogs make, I clean up. They're my dogs so I look after them. All she sees is the 'waste of money' but I see it as the entertainment value and the fact that I'm sure she'd rather them rip up toys than her gardens!!

It's just weird and I think it stems from the fact that she still has very old school ideas about pets which came from growing up on a farm where dogs and animals served a working purpose so close bonds weren't really formed. She says she loves animals it's just that she doesn't form a close attachment to them and doesn't get upset when it's their time to pass. In much the same way I struggle to understand her lack of bonding, she struggles to understand how close to the heart my animals are and was confused over how devastated I was over the loss of Poochie.

I've learnt my lesson though. I'll keep all plushies out of sight when she's around therefore she won't try and rouse on the dogs for gutting them. If she's outside it's all boring rubber 'backyard ornaments' for them!!

My toy destroyer did it to get the squeakers out!

Yes! Mosley just goes to town until all stuffing is removed and all squeakers have been discovered. I throw the squeakers out so they don't choke on them but I will re-stuff the toy sometimes so they can have another go :laugh:

Lili is a sucker/mouther, no de-stuffing for her, just snuggles :)

My dog is broken. He's never killed a soft toy.

Same. Ivy has never killed a soft toy on her own but she will play tug with Badger and with his sheer force, they do kill stuff together

My backyard is currently covered in ripped up sofa stuffing. I can't be arsed sweeping it up :o