Classic 'dogs Locked In Cars' Comment Today

pepe001

At the shops a lady comes in and asks some people if they have a blue 'something' car. An older lady walks over and says she does. The first one says that she should go to her car as some people are outside worried about the dog locked in the car. The car owner says it is ok as the side the dog is on is in the shade. The concerned lady keep saying, you need to go to your car now. The disagreement goes on for a minutes or two before the owner is convinced to return to the car. Staff get involved as well. This went on with the temperature outside at almost 40 degrees. I thought there was enough concerned bystanders involved so kept shopping. So there you go - it is ok to leave an animal in a car as long as the side it is sitting in is in the shade.

Wow some people just scare the hell out of me. But at the same time I am so glad people step up to defend those being abused through stupidity.

You can't educate stupid!! I never did master the ability to suffer fools. :banghead:

When it too often involves an animal, I never want to master that ability.

Beyond comprehension some humans.

:(

The ONLY reason I never mastered that ability is because I never felt the necessity ESPECIALLY when it involves animals. Had I been there, I would have made my presence felt.

Obviously the message isn't getting into some thick heads but I am glad that so many people realise the dangers & do speak up & take action to do something about it more now. Public awareness is increasing but as posted you can't fix stupid.

I do think that in these cases the car owner should legally be made to spend a 15 minute or so period sitting in the car to experience the discomfort. Its the only thing that makes some people understand when fines & warnings won't work.

Lets lock Miss Stupid in the car on a 40 degree day for any length of time, oh as long as one side of the car is in the shade naturally.... all good then... :banghead:

I know you can't fix stupid but you could give I a dam good shake :mad

Poor dog :( I would hate to think what the temp. was inside that car.

The ONLY reason I never mastered that ability is because I never felt the necessity ESPECIALLY when it involves animals. Had I been there, I would have made my presence felt.

I would have your back there.

Any time, anywhere.

Someone needs to be the voice for an animal in distress.

At the shops a lady comes in and asks some people if they have a blue 'something' car. An older lady walks over and says she does. The first one says that she should go to her car as some people are outside worried about the dog locked in the car. The car owner says it is ok as the side the dog is on is in the shade. The concerned lady keep saying, you need to go to your car now. The disagreement goes on for a minutes or two before the owner is convinced to return to the car. Staff get involved as well. This went on with the temperature outside at almost 40 degrees. I thought there was enough concerned bystanders involved so kept shopping. So there you go - it is ok to leave an animal in a car as long as the side it is sitting in is in the shade.

Wow some people just scare the hell out of me. But at the same time I am so glad people step up to defend those being abused through stupidity.

It's a waste of time trying to reason with people like this woman. Instead of trying to convince her to go to her car, one of the concerned people should have immediately called the police. When she decided to return to her car she'd find the police in attendance and one of her car windows broken. The police would notify the RSPCA so she'd also have to answer to them.

Had all this happened she might have learned something. As it is she didn't learn a thing or she wouldn't put up a stupid argument about the car being partly in the shade.

She'll keep leaving her dog in the car because self centred people don't give any thought about how their actions affect others (or her dog). These people need to suffer the full consequences of their actions. Surely there's enough publicity about the danger of leaving children and dogs in cars but people like her think this only applies to others.

I now call the police immediately if I see a dog or child left in a car in hot weather because I know from experience if you do find the car owner they'll be hostile and tell you to mind your own business. There's nothing to be gained by trying to reason with a fool.

I agree with CavNrott, in that these people will most likely be hostile and it is best to call police or centre management.

Yes. When I saw a dog in a car on the top, unroofed parking area of our local mall on a boiling hot day ... it was lucky that there was a police beat inside the centre. There were 2 officers on duty & I told them about the dog & its location. They were fantastic... they only paused to grab their caps & were out the door like a shot to deal with it.

It wasn't that hot here, but I was one of the spectators for a baby being left in the car here yesterday. They now have a broken passenger window to fix, cause Baby was coming out of the car ????????

Glad they smashed a window :)

I once helped a policeman get into a car that had a dog locked inside :o