Urgent Lost Dog

Nekhbet

Yesterday night my aunts brand new miniature pinscher dashed out the front door and could not be caught. I drove up and used my dog to track him from her place around Greaves Street area then weaved down to the bike track around Hodge st. I saw the little bugger dash off into the grass but we couldn't find him and he didn't respond to his name. He's a 12 month old male red min pin. If anyone is around that area or has friends/relatives around that area can you get them to keep an eye out. Hes very new, misses his breeder and may be hard to catch so getting him into a yard or garage might be our best bet.

If you even get a glimpse please call or text me my aunt is frantic. The breeder knows as he is still microchipped in her name. My number is 0401 389 863

I was out until 12:30 last night he was terrified so chasing didnt help. He will hang around the burbs for food and warmth just have to keep looking and have people keep an eye. I found a few pee spots on the way around last night I think hes on a bit of an adventure too.

My aunt will keep looking but Im down in Geelong. Rained heavily so tracking again will be a bit fruitless. At least last night I got there within a couple of hours of him dashing off.

Actually dogs track better in the rain.....unless there is water running where the scent particles will move with the water a dog will always be able to track and they do track better in the rain.....even if the scent particles have moved with water the dog will always work it out and pick up the scent again a bit further on :)

I hope your aunt gets her dog back soon and he will be back home soon where he belongs :)

Edited by dezzyno.1

It was torrential so theres no chance of anything but chilblains. We are also tracking him in a full urban environment which was a big enough challenge since it looks like he mainly stuck to walking on concrete. Still no sign of him at all unfortunately.

Edited by Nekhbet

Try LDH in North Melbourne. He might have been found late last night and taken to AAE Point Cook, who would have to call LDH for collection of strays (stupid law).

I hope you find him, best of luck :)

Edited by Ruffles