Where Is Your Dog's Sweet Spot?

Little Gifts

My SBT girl Stussy loves having her inner thighs rubbed. She will pretzel herself into very unladylike positions to achieve this, even with strangers. This happens multiple times a day and her eyes start to bulge the minute your hands enter the correct zone.

Tempeh our Shar Pei likes me to rub softly all around her eyes and cheeks when she first wakes up every morning. Should my hand fall from the bed while I'm still asleep she will give herself a DIY session. My sister on the other hand is in charge of butt scritches and these are generally requested at night. We are not able to swap roles or time zones, even accidentally.

My sister's dog Wolf is not big on being touched by people but she likes to touch her own bits on all our furniture. She rubs her face along all the lounges and down the sides of our bed and she likes to sleep with her butt hole pressed against a wall or piece of furniture. It doesn't look like a very comfortable sleeping position but it seems clacker contact is more important than what you do with your long in the way legs and tail. But should you try and give her a scratch under the ears she moves away giving you a dirty look for disturbing her.

So what about your dogs? What makes them don crazy face or go weak at the knees?

Luka loves a neck/chest rub. He will sttetch his head up looking like he is in heaven when you do it.

Mya loves the top of her head or just below her ears scratched. She'll really push into your hand when you scratch under her ears.

Jenaa loves a good ole bottom rub. She will present her rear end to anyone for a scratch, the tart. :)

Dozer loves gentle scritches between the eyes.

He'll also walk over and place his rump right under your hand as an invitation for scratches.

I did just take my hand away from rubbing his tummy to type this, and I got a "not impressed mum" look.. :rofl:

She's pretty touch loving but overall the best spots are under the chin (anyone she lets near her) and tummy/ inner thigh rubs - which are awkward cause her fur never grew back after she was shaved for desexing.

She also loves cuddles and if I ignore her she'll rub herself all over me before testing a sad head on the nearest hand.

Have yet to work out what the turning butt wag at me is. Not but scritches

Jake just wants your hand on him, anytime he's close.

For Cinder it's not human contact, but if she gets wet she tries to rub it off, on anything she can reach. It looks like she's dancing and twerking, she wriggles her butt so much.

Her chest. If I'm patting her and stop she will more often than not either thwack whatever she's sitting on with a front paw or thwack me with one :laugh:

Likes to tart it up for an inner thigh rub too and has been known to back it on up for bum scratches.

Kokoda loves his ears rubbed and right in there :laugh:

Henry goes for the base of his tail

Deniki loves it when people play with his fro, stroke down his nose and pat the underside of his neck. He's a weirdo.

You know that cartoon of the dog who loves every bit of him to be scratched...

I think my dog is like that and depending which bit needs attention right now she will shove it in your hands (butt rubs, ear rubs, face rubs) or put your hand on the spot (belly rubs, armpit scratches...).

People go "aww so cute she wants to shake hands"... and evil hound hooks her hand around their wrist and shoves their hand on her belly...

I frequently get asked - why is she patting me (or poking me)... cos she wants you to do something... right here... ooh soo goood...

Different times of day here.

On first waking the face wrinkles need scratching, he likes to suck his dew claw whilst you do this. Then after we have done chook rounds and had coffee THE BEST part of the day, lying on the bed having his tummy brushed with my daughters zillion pound english hairbrush. For this he likes to have your other arm to "flea".

After that just regular ear and chest rubs. Strangely not a fan of tail scritches.