Amber Not Eating

JulesP

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has been pretty good until yesterday.

When your dog is laying on the floor shaking, you kind of freak out a bit. it could have even been a neurological thing from build up of toxins. She also really doesn't have any fat reserves so 1 day missed food isn't good.

She is looking brighter now. I am exhausted. lol

Oh Jules - coming into this very late - but it's sounding more promising. And good Poppy for helping Amber eat. Chasing magpies sounds good. So hope this is just a little blip. You could be right about the shaking being connected with build up of toxins. You've helped Amber to become a record survivor .. and to have a wonderful life ... including market trips and river paddles :) ... here's hoping she'll keep breaking records. Healing thoughts and strength coming across Bass Strait.

She has drank some of her kids drink (Pediasure) this afternoon so I am less stressed about food now. I used the drink when she was first diagnosed and it is great for getting nutrients into them but not overtaxing the liver.

I'm going to put her on a higher does of her antibiotic too and hopefully that will help.

I've been to gym and feeling less tense! And I went shopping, lol.

Thanks Xyz :)

She is lots improved but still not 100%. Still being fussy about what she eats. Only ate a few bits of kibble this morning. Tinned food with baby food on top was received better!

Edited by JulesP

Thanks Woof. She is still not wanting to eat kibble in the morning. I am getting the 'are you trying to poison me' look. And isn't eating her other food with her normal enthusiasm. So I would say she is feeling a bit ick in the morning. Apart from that she seems normal.