The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I'll just make it before off to bed.

Today we had a busy day. OH spotted a magpie near the side of the road and he was a juvenile and stunned, lying in the heat, probaby clipped by car. So we took him to the vet, hope the poor little bugga makes it. Then we went home, grabbed the dive gear and drove to Clovelly for a dive at Gordon's Bay.

I wasn't going to take the DSLR in case the car got broken into (you never know) so I took my little 3 year old Panasonic compact.

During the dive we saw so many sting rays, I mean it was Steve Irwin's worst friggin' nightmare out there today with all the rays - and some biggies too. Some blue groupers, damselfish, pipefish, octopus, small leatherjackets and then the tide started to come in and we had to swim around a large ball of bait fish.

Something BIG over the drop off must have driven them in. Tide turning, water turning murky and bait fish balled up meant time to swim back and get out :thumbsup: I said to OH it was probably kingfish and he just said, "Er no, not kingfish"

Here are 2 as I couldn't decide. Taken in warm early evening light. The thing with my pocket camera is, it has no viewfinder in it so you have to point the camera in front of you and click. I couldn't see where the hell I was focusing as the sun was in my eyes.

These are just straight out of camera, with a crop.

This is where we swam in for the start of the dive.

Picture: Standard mode. Setting: Landscape. ISO 200

3166661734_abe6d02fc3_o.jpg

Tide coming in, was really windy out there.

Picture - I changed the camera setting to Vivid, taken on Landscape setting.

3166647594_77be4f4cfe_o.jpg

Edited by Ripley

this was part of my day and basically the only photo i took...best not to ask [my boyfriend was disturbing random people online by pretending to be a girl]

i would put the photo up but it may offend people...so be warned

so heres the link:

Paul

this was part of my day and basically the only photo i took...best not to ask [my boyfriend was disturbing random people online by pretending to be a girl]

i would put the photo up but it may offend people...so be warned

so heres the link:

It just takes me to the deviant art sign up page. For your next photos, perhaps take something a bit less (possibly) offensive so that you can post it here like everyone else :thumbsup:

Here's my first three days, I missed yesterday cause it took me all day to go through my holiday pics!

Not really sure what happened here! I think I told him to put one paw on the table, but he put them both up so I told him to get down and he got confused so he just stayed there :thumbsup:

3166275030_50186968df.jpg

Playing with very shallow DOF

3166499970_a7079aed1d.jpg

We broke down on the way home from our holiday so we had to get towed from Goulburn. I asked if Chopper and Angel could ride in the cab so they wouldn't freak out. Chopper sat up between me and OH while Angel lay on the ground with her head tucked under the seat hoping it'd all be over soon :vomit: This is taken on OH's phone as mine was dead and my DSLR was in the car.

3168641016_6439f3a49b.jpg

I know it's not really in keeping with the spirit of the challenge, but I'm going to post mine weekly, it's easier for me :swear:

I've taken the camera to work today so I'll see what catches my eye. It's a pretty hot day here in the city.

ETA: It took a while for photos to load on my work computer but I love the diversity of everyone's shots. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ripley

Got mine done early today, Apple Wars. I've bought an enormous box of seconds apples, enough for all and more but still they cause tension. Tag is guarding some of the apples, still lots more in the fridge, and Penny is testing his nerve by taking one. She is dominant over him but she's still a bit cautious and you can see he's not happy about loosing one of his precious apples. You should see their poo this morning, if it wasn't so gross I'd take a pic of that too. Big mushy, bulky half digested apple stools.

3168829804_e8a7992c8b.jpg

1/125

f 1.8

ISO 200

500mm

Edited by Kirislin

:thumbsup::swear::vomit: @ Lea's duck or whatever the hell it is. Very Cindy Sherman, my dear.

I'd love to take up the challengem Ash, but still bored out of my brain resizing pics from Xmas. I'll just drool over everyone else's pics

thanks for the nice comments on my pics ;)

CM, what did you do to the photo to get that affect, it looks great

I started with a Lightroom preset - "Aged photo" I think, but I never leave it as is, can't remember exactly, but I usually change the white-balance, some other lighting and stuff ... how specific :thumbsup: ... sorry :mad

piper - love the peaches - if they were in Jamie jumping range they would have been gobbled for sure :swear:

poocow - I like the 2nd superdog pic - love the way you can see his tag, his go-go bound, and that right (his left) ear is so sweet :vomit:

magthedag - what is that pink dog? it's pretty cute ... I like the little white paint spots ;)

kja - love the look on Dora's face.- Matildalily looks like she's laughing at her ... literally rolling on the floor laughing at her :mad and Dora ain't too impressed

ripley - lovely landscape pics, I really like those!

coolibah - beautiful colour in the sunset :thumbsup:

blab - cool bed!

ruthless - love the last one - I'm into that sort of tonal changes at the moment so it really appeals to me :mad

kirislin - fantastic pic! I love it!

Great pictures. I will try and go through and coment on certian photo's when I get time as feed back is always nice. But I have seen a lot of great pic's I like. :)

Roc's new bed arrived today. I think he likes it. ;)

3168402949_e18f471edb_o.jpg