Picture Of A Dry Mouth Newf

newfsie

There is a lot of controvesy over the breeding or using surgery for a dry mouth newf........

I have a cheap solution :eek: :eek: :eek:

2320865870048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

Katy at 5 1/2 months, she always likes something in her mouth

Edited by newfsie

:mad oh my, so adorable!

Could you explain for those of us not up on the issue what the broad details are?

There are people who are having their dogs operated on to try and reduce drooling...........They do something with the glands and this gives issues with the dogs digestive system. because the drool is caused by the flappy lips. All dogs produce saliva and it is the first part of the digesting process.

Also some disreputable breeders in other countries (hopefully not here) tell people that they are breeding newfs that drool less. A bit like designer dogs. The dog grows up, still drools and ends up in Newf rescue if lucky or a pound. I am in contact with many USA and Canada newf rescue people and they state this is quite a common reason to get rid of the poor old newfs

Serious???? People should get another dog if they don't want a drooler. Geez!

On a side note, Moose drools on me when I eat rainbow paddlepops. Wonder if this applies to all Chi's or just mine? :mad

Edited by moosepup

There is a lot of controvesy over the breeding or using surgery for a dry mouth newf........

I have a cheap solution :happydance2::):(

So gorgeous and it looks like a really cheeky glint in her eye :mad

I have a cheap solution :laugh: :laugh: :rofl:

So gorgeous and it looks like a really cheeky glint in her eye :thumbsup:

She is very cheeky, but adorable and very quick at learning. She has our other two wrapped around her little dew claw :eek:

Aww she is beautiful :laugh:

I hate the idea of surgically altering the dog's mouth because you don't like drool- it's part of the breed. If you don't like it, there are hundreds of other breeds to choose from.

Have seen a few pups bred with tight mouths, and I don't like this either- they need the looseness to help them grip & breathe when working in water. So yes people, they drool for a reason :thumbsup: