Healing Vibes Needed For My Aunty's 2 Dogs (photo Update!)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that's so upsetting. I feel like crying for them. Those poor dear little dogs. What a complete Ar$ehole that woman is. THis happened in Hobart right? I feel like travelling down there and going to that park so I can look out for the creep myself. She wont be happy if I get hold of her.

Can you say where this happened????

BTW It's worth noting that the woman put PEOPLE at risk iin this scenario as well as other dogs. It wouldn't have taken much for this to have involved damage to human beings like this too.

PS Can you get those pics published in the Mercury along with the story of what happened and an appeal to find the woman responsible????? Sorry - maybe I'm going on a bit but this has really upset me. Those two dogs look so loving and innocent I just can't bear the thought of them suffering because of some ignorant freaking moron woman and her not having to suffer anything herself.

How many other dogs have been attacked by this psycho duo?

PS Can you get those pics published in the Mercury along with the story of what happened and an appeal to find the woman responsible????? Sorry - maybe I'm going on a bit but this has really upset me. Those two dogs look so loving and innocent I just can't bear the thought of them suffering because of some ignorant freaking moron woman and her not having to suffer anything herself.

now this is a great idea. it will also warn other dog walkers about this dog if they are walking in the same area

Oh my... those poor puppies :)

In all of a matter of seconds...

I carry a bum bag with bags, treats, whistle and phone with camera. Would not hesitate to kick any dog that attacked my girls, but they r so fast.

Speedy recovery furkids, all thoughts to them and your aunty.

Agreed, I was attacked by a local dog (though not as severely as your aunt's two lovelies) and though it was years ago, I still feel crap that I never found out who the owner was as that dog would have gone on to bite kids or dogs for all I know- it had a reputation of roaming the streets.

A persistent campaign to find this duo or at least warn people of their existence is imperative. Better action than inaction. Perhaps use photos of the victims and list the medical and psychological costs, door knock around the area, definitely ask little kids as some may know and fear the dog, stick up posters about the incident, get a news article about it. I wonder if you can inquire about pet records at other vet clinics, assuming she ever took the dog to one.

Good luck to all of you :)

now this is a great idea. it will also warn other dog walkers about this dog if they are walking in the same area

Edited by Ms Genki

Oh that's so upsetting. I feel like crying for them. Those poor dear little dogs. What a complete Ar$ehole that woman is. THis happened in Hobart right? I feel like travelling down there and going to that park so I can look out for the creep myself. She wont be happy if I get hold of her.

BTW It's worth noting that the woman put PEOPLE at risk iin this scenario as well as other dogs. It wouldn't have taken much for this to have involved damage to human beings like this too.

Just noting, this wasn't at a park, this was on a street. Just walking down the street, all dogs on lead.

I will ask my aunty what street and suburb and post it tomorrow. Maybe even a description and name of the dog.

Not going on at all, shows how much you care about dogs :)! I'm not sure about getting the story published in the paper, my Aunty is going off what the animal control officers are telling her to do for now.

I would be worried if the story was given to the paper that it could possibly change from being a "Bad Owner" story, to a "all pit bulls are evil" story. I'm sure my Aunty would not want this either, I will pass the idea along to her though. If written correctly it could be a very good story, a way of building awareness.

(Would they be able to post images like that in the local paper?)

Those poor little dogs and their mum - minding their own business going for a walk and this is what happens - these dogs and their mum will carry this with them for the rest of their lives and it is not right!!!!

I'm pleased they are home already.

However long their recovery it will be faster at home.

Something to remember for the future.

When the dogs are recovered get your aunt to take the dogs to the vet regularly, just to feel comfortable there again.

I had a dog needing extensive emergency treatment at the vets and he then refused to walk through their door.

I started going just to sit in the waiting room for a little while and give him treats etc. The nurses also made a fuss over him.

Eventually he "forgave" the vet.

what beautiful dogs they did not deserve what happened to them, makes me sick that that could happen to anyone, it takes on careless person to be walking the same time as me and my baby and the same thing could happen to me :) hope you're aunt and her pups come through this with confidence and continue to be happy

Gorgeous dogs, and very lucky to be alive at all, could have been much worse. Glad to see they are home and getting lots of love and attention.

Personally with all the unprovoked dog attacks on dogs and people walking dogs, I would not even take mine from the safety of their own yard. There is just

too much of it, but this one is especially bad as the attacking dog was on a lead should have been restrained by it's owner, but instead was happy to stand by while it did all the damage. Too many oxygen wasters owning breeds that don't need adverse publicity. Makes it too easy for legislations to be put in place, and after all it's not the dogs fault. Don't let her get away with this.

Marion01

Just noting, this wasn't at a park, this was on a street. Just walking down the street, all dogs on lead.

I will ask my aunty what street and suburb and post it tomorrow. Maybe even a description and name of the dog.

Not going on at all, shows how much you care about dogs :) ! I'm not sure about getting the story published in the paper, my Aunty is going off what the animal control officers are telling her to do for now.

I would be worried if the story was given to the paper that it could possibly change from being a "Bad Owner" story, to a "all pit bulls are evil" story. I'm sure my Aunty would not want this either, I will pass the idea along to her though. If written correctly it could be a very good story, a way of building awareness.

(Would they be able to post images like that in the local paper?)

good point.

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

I would be worried if the story was given to the paper that it could possibly change from being a "Bad Owner" story, to a "all pit bulls are evil" story.

Given The Muckery's recent articles on BSL, I would put my money on it turning into a "all pit bulls are evil" story. It won't stop the owner of the aggressive dog from taking it out and letting it loose, it would only be another boot to responsible pit bull-type dog owners (and they're going to be getting more than their share over the next twelve months).

I hope your Aunt's dogs recover without too many ill effects.

Poor boys, wishing them a speedy recovery.

While it looks really bad now, they will recover. I've had a couple of dogs cop attacks over the years and they generally bounce back.

On the subject of getting an attacking dog away - with Pitbulls/Amstaffs and probably most of the bull breeds, their pain threshold is incredibly high, and all your kicking and punching would be to no avail. They would not feel it at the time. One of my dogs was attacked by a bull breed I wont name, at the vets, and the vet had to physically collapse this dogs windpipe, so it gasped for air, to get it off my dog. And one of our Amstaffs tried to attack one of my Kees and my OH kicked him in the head with his steel capped boots, and the dog did not even blink an eyelid.

I think the citronella spray idea is a worthwhile one, or pepper spray, but you would really need to use it before an attacked started.

Dear Max and Zack

I feel so sad and angry at what happened to you both in the park, and the useless owner of the other dog who clearly feels no responsibility for her own, viscious dog. I hope to god the authorities find that dog. More importantly though I wish you both speedy and full recoveries for this horrible ordeal.

We will be thinking of you both and wishing you well.