Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

I didn't really know what to say last night and I'm still at a loss this morning .... :mad

Our thoughts and well wishes are of course with Jed and her family... RIP to those that didn't make it through the fire :)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope Magnus is found. :)

I noticed someone asked about sending Jane (? is that her name?) cards, flowers etc. Can anyone suggest where we could send them please?

I was wondering about that also. Can Steve or Toohey give out the address of Caitlin (if she gives permission)? Or maybe we could send them c/- of the Dog grooming lady mentioned earlier.

O.K. Probably the best address is 349 Transmitter Rd Wooroolin 4608 .This is Pacers Queensland address and it will be the quickest and easiest to pass them onto Jane when we can.

Lesley and Marg are right in there and it will be easier to get them to her when she is awake.

Tks for the address :) I made a donation yesterday but was also going to ask what hospital she was in as was thinking about sending her something.

Like so many others who have not personally met Jed I have also admired and respected her over the years and many of her posts have given me a good laugh as she has a wicked sense of humour. Her common sense and knowledge really standout and I enjoy reading her posts and I am sure many of us have learned a lot from Jed.

What she went thru was unimaginable horror :mad and I was not surprised at all at her heroic attempt to save as many of her beloved animals as possible. I so hope her beloved Magnus will be found as he and her other surviving animals will be instrumental in helping her through this terrible ordeal. Sending lots and lots of healing vibes and best wishes to Jed for a speedy recovery and Jed and her human and animal family are in my thoughts. :mad

Like so many others who have not personally met Jed I have also admired and respected her over the years and many of her posts have given me a good laugh as she has a wicked sense of humour. Her common sense and knowledge really standout and I enjoy reading her posts and I am sure many of us have learned a lot from Jed.

What she went thru was unimaginable horror :mad and I was not surprised at all at her heroic attempt to save as many of her beloved animals as possible. I so hope her beloved Magnus will be found as he and her other surviving animals will be instrumental in helping her through this terrible ordeal. Sending lots and lots of healing vibes and best wishes to Jed for a speedy recovery and Jed and her human and animal family are in my thoughts. :)

I struggle to get words out at times but this is very well said :mad

:) Another here who has always valued Jed even though I've never met her - from the time I first joined DOL, Jed has been one of the stand out posters due to her absolute good sense, no nonsense style, great sense of humour and obvious love and understanding of dogs, particularly her own.

So devastated to read that such a terrible thing has happened to such a great person. :D

Wishing with all my heart that Jed recovers, that Magnus is found safe and sound, that the other surviving dogs are not too traumatised and that the emotional toll is not too much for Jed to bear.

R.I.P. those who perished, I hope your journey to the other side was swift and pain free. :)

To all those organising, supporting and keeping us updated, heartfelt thanks. Those of us further away really appreciate your efforts. :mad

To those who know Jed personally, family and friends, and are struggling to come to terms with this dreadful tragedy, hugs from the other side of the country. :mad

A card and a small donation will be on their way tomorrow...

Thanks Horts. Those are exactly the words I've been trying to come up with since yesterday.

I'll be donating today.

Thanks :) I've so far asked for some info and a quote. I sent an email to the 'ozdoggy' site yesterday asking for help and this is what I got back:

"Hi Fran,

Yes, I was reading about this today.

I suggest you contact Talking Stones on this page here:

http://www.ozdoggy.com.au/ozdoggy/profile.jsp?ozdoggyid=4203

I also CC this to Talking Stones - and James can contact me direct to discuss Oz Doggy / Talking Stones options re: cost. James, maybe give me a call during business hours.

Best regards

[name] @ Oz Doggy"

Seeing so many sitting in this thread waiting for news and offering support for this beautiful lady is just amazing. Thanks to everyone.

I have just spoken to Jane's daughter Caitlin.

Jane is holding her own at this stage. She is intubated and on a ventilator in Intensive care, and will likely be for some days/weeks to come. The main concern is her airways, which are burnt, smoke irritated and swollen, and she has fluid gathering on her lungs. We can only wait and see how she progresses at the moment, with the biggest concerns being the swelling and the possiblity of infection.

She has some burns to her upper body as well, but only one that is severe enough to possibly need a skin graft.

Please keep the healing wishes coming, as she will need them all, and I will pass them on to the family for Jane.

Thank you so much for that update Toohey. Will continue to hold Jed in my thoughts and prayers.

O.K. still no sign of TBCSITW. But we have chi chi - the little tiny rescue dog Jed saved , 2 cockers- the pup [shit head] and Marjory,3 boxer pups and 8 cavs.

The bodies have been collected so we can give the ones that didn't make it a place to rest where Jed can know they were looked after.

My role in this is minimal with many others much more deserving of Thanks. Marg Coles and Lesley- goldchow have worked miracles today and bought the dogs and the bodies to safety.

Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_rescue has hung around all day for us and we are so very grateful to her.

All of you with your words and donations have been awesome and I know when Jed is feeling better she will be very moved by the support she has.

Julie

Bless all of you that are playing an active role during this time of need. You are all angels.

Sending more healing vibes to Jed and hoping like mad that TBCSITW comes home soon.

Edited by Georgie-boy

Thanks :) I've so far asked for some info and a quote. I sent an email to the 'ozdoggy' site yesterday asking for help and this is what I got back:

"Hi Fran,

I also CC this to Talking Stones - and James can contact me direct to discuss Oz Doggy / Talking Stones options re: cost. James, maybe give me a call during business hours.

Best regards

[name] @ Oz Doggy"

Lovely idea, Fran :mad

Thank you for the updates on her condition.

I think one only has to look at the amount of people constantly in this thread to see how valued and respected Jed is.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Jed and hoping Magnus comes home very soon.

I read this last night and just went to bed a prayed... I couldn't say anything that hasn't already been said.

This morning I had a few ideas that may or maynot be helpful to Jed.

Long Term....

I don't work so have no way of a financial donation, but I can do Rainbow Bridge Portraits either a group one or individual ones for when she returns from hospital.

The physical recovery is going to be only one step towards her healing, going back to her house is going to be probably the hardest hurdle.

Short term......

I was thinking that those who know Jed the best would be able to troll through the breeders pages and photo pages for pictures she has uploaded over the years of her beloved dogs, and get them printed as a gift rather than flowers and such.

When she becomes conscious and realises what has happened, all she is going to want, is her beloved animals. Even taking pictures of the surviving doggies in a couple of days when they also have recovered a little themselves, and putting them in a little album so she can look at them in hospital.All the photo's would be lost to her in the fire.

Also another thought...

As a ex-nurse, check with the hospital about sending flowers to an ICU unit, some do not allow flowers as they have limited space and a huge amount of equipment.Especially for one like Jane who is ventilated atm. Flowers would be better for when she is conscious, out of ICU and on the ward but maybe Steve or Toohey give Janes daughter a call and find out what the hospitals policy is for ICU and flowers would be best.

For now

Jed just remember that you are loved by many, and not just the 4 legged kind, but a whole family of people you have never met (mostly) and who have never met you. Our love and our prayers from all corners of country and beyond are with you and your family. You don't have an option girl, you HAVE to get better.

To all of your furbabies that didn't make it, be at peace and wait patiently cause you Mum still has a lot to do on earth.

Harminee xxoo

I seen this last night on the news, and knew instantly it was one of our own. Oh jed please get better. My heart is breaking for those angels lost in the fire. :) I have been praying for your recovery Jed, not just your physical recovery, but for strength to be able to deal with such a tragic, heart wrenching loss of your little babies. :mad :mad :)

Thanks :mad I've so far asked for some info and a quote. I sent an email to the 'ozdoggy' site yesterday asking for help and this is what I got back:

"Hi Fran,

Best regards

[name] @ Oz Doggy"

Lovely idea, Fran :mad

Thank you for the updates on her condition.

I think one only has to look at the amount of people constantly in this thread to see how valued and respected Jed is.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Jed and hoping Magnus comes home very soon.

I have just been on the phone to Talking Stones who are going to send me a brochure of the options they've got, they've offered to do the plaque for the cost of materials and shipping only :) They're also going to spread the word within their doggy community as much as possible and I told them all about MDBA Pacers and directed them to the Pacers website because they were of the understanding that RSPCA were looking after the animals. I politely corrected them :) He sounds like a lovely man and is really touched and astounded by how much this community has rallied around Jed in her time of need.

I have just been on the phone to Talking Stones who are going to send me a brochure of the options they've got, they've offered to do the plaque for the cost of materials and shipping only :) They're also going to spread the word within their doggy community as much as possible and I told them all about MDBA Pacers and directed them to the Pacers website because they were of the understanding that RSPCA were looking after the animals. I politely corrected them :mad He sounds like a lovely man and is really touched and astounded by how much this community has rallied around Jed in her time of need.

Wonderful people!

I logged on first thing - hoping desperately that Magnus might have been found safe and sound. Please come home soon Magnus, it will make a massive difference. I'm so pleased to hear details of the survivors though, they all sound very special - and I'm sure they will all assist in the task of healing Jed emotionally.

I'm also heartened to hear that Jed, whilst not out of the woods, is holding her own. True fighting spirit. Our prays for a speedy recovery will continue.

And lastly, a big thank you to all who have assisted through this nightmare. I feel privileged to be part of such a wonderful, caring group of people that would go out of their way to help one of our own, and others. It's truly heart warming. You are real heroes - each and every one of you, and I'm sure that Jed will be helped through the aftermath of this by knowing that she has so many wonderful people supporting her.

So, come on Magnus, come home sweetheart... your Mum needs you, we all need you to come home and bring something positive back :)

I would also like to say how proud I am of everyone on here, I'll never forget the amazing support and thoughts of strength I got when we nearly lost Atlas last year and of course this is so exponentially worse but it opened my eyes to the kindness of people who have never met but share a common love :mad

:) DOLers :mad

I would also like to say how proud I am of everyone on here, I'll never forget the amazing support and thoughts of strength I got when we nearly lost Atlas last year and of course this is so exponentially worse but it opened my eyes to the kindness of people who have never met but share a common love :mad

:) DOLers :mad

+1 Fran.. My sentiments exactly. Truly amazing how everyone pulls together in times of crisis.