Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

My OH is a NSW Fireman(18 yrs experience) He said for Jed to run into a burning building was COURAGEOUS. And as an animal lover, could fully understand why (but does NOT recommend doing it)

Advice:

Dont Panic

Ensure you have working smoke detectors. (check them now!) (I mean NOW)

Stay down low (hot air rises) and CRAWL

cover your mouth with something

try and breathe through your nose and breathe slowly (people can hyperventilate quickly)

Hopefully this may help somebody/somewhere

Prayers are still with Jed

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havent been on here for a while due to my own personal Loss last week My mother was taken away in a car accident my dad seriously injered and my baby girl also injured, but after comming on here and reading this it make me aware of how great everyone on here are.

First and foremost My sencere condoliences go out to Jed and her family and hopes that she make a great recovery in this very emmotional and painful time.

Now i would love to take the time to let you guys all know You are all fantastic. I know myself if it hadnt been for great friends and family i would not have been able to get through this last week. Jed would not be aware what you guys are doing at the moment but im sure when she is feeling up to it and sees how great you guys are it should give her the strenght to come through this hard time.

Wishing Jed all the best and RIP to her beautiful animals, Play free at :)

i havent been on here for a while due to my own personal Loss last week My mother was taken away in a car accident my dad seriously injered and my baby girl also injured, but after comming on here and reading this it make me aware of how great everyone on here are.

First and foremost My sencere condoliences go out to Jed and her family and hopes that she make a great recovery in this very emmotional and painful time.

Now i would love to take the time to let you guys all know You are all fantastic. I know myself if it hadnt been for great friends and family i would not have been able to get through this last week. Jed would not be aware what you guys are doing at the moment but im sure when she is feeling up to it and sees how great you guys are it should give her the strenght to come through this hard time.

Jazzie, so sorry for the loss of your mum and the injuries to your little girl and dad.

Hoping they along with Jed get well soon.

It is very moving that you take the time to think of Jed in your own time of loss and grief.

Thank you so much for the updates, It really helps us that are worrying from behind our screens and unable to physically assist.

I know that this has been a huge wake up call for us, we have installed the smoke alarm that has been sitting in it's packet on the table, waiting for a 'round-tuit'

We climbed up into the ceiling to check the flu and wiring & insulation.

The fires in Vic made us more aware of fire hazards around our place, but now we have made more efforts around the home.

My thoughts are with you Jed.

fifi

indeed yes! i to have now installed by smoke alarms that have been sitting in my cupboard.

I am heartened to hear that jane has now successfully made it thru step one more towards healing... may it continue. I know she is surrounded with powerful healing energy from all of us.

H

Thanks guys for your condolences. I did not write about my own circumstances to go ot i wanted to let you guys all know through my own greive that no matter how small you may think what you have done in time it will mean so big for the person you have done it for.Everyone that has written on here, Put there little poems up and just checked in to see how Jed is going that is what matter that is the part that when jed has recovered enough she will gain her strenght through all your thoughts and wishes.

I am also one who does not post very often, but always read through dol everyday. I dont know Jed personally but her post on here shows what a wonderful person she is.

if you want to light a candle for Jed/Jane and say a pray please follow the link and keep the candles burning

Candles for Jed/Jane

It took me a while to work it out, so for others who wish to light a candle, just click on one of the unlit candles and you'll be directed from there.

Still thinking of Jed, her family and pups. :)

Goodness I cannot believe what I am reading....My heart and healing thoughts to everyone involved in this tragic situation. Thinking of you during this time.

I will definitely put in a donation to help out.

Very, very sad :)

jazzie, I am so sorry to hear about the accident that took your mother's life. You must be going through hell. Hugs to you :D

I sincerely hope your dad and your little girl are on the mend.

if you want to light a candle for Jed/Jane and say a pray please follow the link and keep the candles burning

Candles for Jed/Jane

That is beautiful, thanks for the link. I was going to ask someone to light a candle for me as I am away from home tonight but have now gone and lit one of these.

So sorry for your loss jazzie. I hope your father and little one are doing okay. It takes a wonderful person to think of others when they are going through their own grief. :)

+1

:D

Dont know how everyone else is feeling but i am personally quite anxious about tomorrow, as from what ive read, if all goes according to plan Jed's sedation will be reduced. I feel like crying everytime i think about that terrible moment when Jed remembers and understands all she has lost..

I hope and pray her family has the strength they need for that moment.. and that the enormity of her loss doesn't overwhelm Jed to the point her recovery is jeopardised.