Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Brief update via text from Caitlin as follows..

Jane has had skin grafts today and if all goes well they may reduce sedation over the weekend. No setbacks, but the facial burns look very painful. She will keep me updated, as I will you.

Thanks guys.

Oh, I have goose bumps just thinking about poor Jane. Thank you for the update, I'm glad the surgery went well.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just catching up with this and I can't see for crying :( . My heart is just breaking for Jed and imagining her devastation when she hears about the loss of her treasured dogs. This is so utterly heartbreaking.

When I get home tonight my dogs are going to wonder why my tears are streaming and why I keep pulling them so close to me.

Jed's physical injuries will heal in time but I can't see that her shattered heart will ever repair after losing so many of those much loved little souls :doh:

I just wanted to post the Pacers account details again in case anyone missed it earlier. I don't have much but I will give what I can. This story has hit me right in the heart.

I was going to put some things on ebay next week to raise some cash for my new foster girl, but I'm lucky enough to have food, shelter and all 4 of my dogs safe at home, so the proceeds will go to Jed. Good God, compared to this tragedy, I've got nothing to complain about!

Will light a candle and send prayers and blessings to Jed and her family tonight :heart:

DONATIONS

Copied from one of Steve's other threads.

Bank account is

MDBA Pacers - Commonwealth Bank

BSB 062600

Account 10488688.

my email is [email protected]

Phone is 0269276707

Julie

sending out more love...

as for Bravery awards - I think the RSPCA do awards :heart: that just makes me laught, and I am sure would make Jed laugh too!

edited

Yup! The RSPCA Humane Awards

Let's make sure she gets nominated! :(

Thank You Toohey: its so good to hear that Jane has improved and got through her first surgery ok.

Just edited to add that atm her pain levels would be minimal I think due to her sedation,

its when they start waking her up next week that she will have the discomfort.

Edited by ~Harminee~

Where's Souff? Has anyone let her know?

I was wondering about Souff yesterday, had a look and user had not been active for about a week. Haven't looked to see if she's been online here today .

eta just checked again, user not active since 5th May. I always had the impression that Jed and Souff knew each other outside of DOL so maybe she already knows.

Edited by HollyMilo

have been popping in to this thread all day - and each time brought a new round of tears (glad I could shut my door at work today) - pleased to hear the lastest news about Jane - at least something a little more positive after such heartbreaking news over the last few days.

again, its wonderful to see the DOL spirit and everyone pulling together at such a sad time - you guys are amazing

please give the "ferals" and the ponies a big pat, cuddle and hug from us - they are in the thoughts of many people tonight xx

Jane has had skin grafts today and if all goes well they may reduce sedation over the weekend. No setbacks, but the facial burns look very painful. She will keep me updated, as I will you.

Thanks guys.

Thank you so very much for the update.

:hug: to you. I know Jane is a friend of yours.

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the update Toohey, it's good to hear that Jane got through the first surgery well.

Thank you for the update.

There is a possiblity of a donation of BARF from Dr Billinghurst to help feed Jane's surviving babies however they asked where it would be sent to and I wasn't sure. If this is something that could be used could someone please let me know?

Thank you....

Just read about Magnus :hug: . Never met him. But had such strong and high hopes for his return, safe and well. RIP Magnus. This news has really saddened me.

But I am equally gladdened and re-heartened to hear that Jed has come through her first round of surgery. Come on girl. So many people are rooting for you. Take the strength they offer you with their thoughts, and let that carry you through this time until you are able to find your own strength that I know dwells within you.

I, for one, have learned a lot from the loss of these beautiful souls - I am not taking anything for granted, I will take more time to spend with my loved ones, I will live my life with no regrets and stop to smell the 'roses'.... thank you beautiful angels for teaching me this. It is so terrible that it takes a tragedy for people to be 'awakened' - may we all learn something from this so that their lives have not been lost in vain. It is incredible to see a bunch of people who barely know each other, but for a few posts on a forum, all join together in a time of great need. I am honoured to be a part of such a great community. Thank you to all of you.

It was lovely to see the photos of the little ones looking safe and well, a glimmer of hope and light in all of this. I am sending Jed and her family and close friends so much love, my heart is breaking for all of you and what you have gone through and are still to go through but you WILL get through this.

Beautifully put Kendall! :hug:

Thanks guys.

Pleased to hear Jed is still holding her own, she is a tough cookie indeed :(

I'm going to have to go out and buy more candles at this rate. I wonder how many shops have run out of candles because of Jed?!

Is funny.. ive been thinking about when Jed is awake and aware again, been thinking to myself "jeez I hope the nurses who are looking after her dont have a doodeloodle.." can you imagine Jed's reaction?? Makes me smile :hug: .. can just see them showing Jed pics of their 'purebred' doodle lol.

sending out more love...

as for Bravery awards - I think the RSPCA do awards :hug: that just makes me laught, and I am sure would make Jed laugh too!

edited

Yup! The RSPCA Humane Awards

You know there is something else to come out of this. From what has been shared with us on this thread from people close to Jed the RSPCA were there at a time of need for her and her animals. They did what I hope an organisation like that can do - they helped animals and owners in a crisis and then handed the animals on to the longer term care of others in a position to take over. I just want to thank them for that. It shows to me they do care.

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer