Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

It's great to hear Jane has come through the surgery okay. :laugh:

I just wanted to let T&S know that I received an email back from DealsDirect after I sent them a thank you and they have said to let them know if there is anything else they can do.

You're very welcome Kerri and thank you for your lovely email and kind words. We are happy to do what we can in situations as tragic as this.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with and our very best wishes and fingers crossed for Jane and her beloved pets that remain.

Regards,

Nichole

DealsDirect.com.au ®

Love a bargain

:p

Yes they are ever so nice and willing to help

I passed the info to Steve, so hopefully if anything needed we can ask DD ;)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the updates, I am so glad that the surgery went well.

I wish for strength for Jed as they lighten her sedation and she has to face the news of the fate of her beloved dogs.

Thankyou so much for all the updates on Jed and the lovely photos of her fur babies. Been thinking about her all day. Devasted to hear about poor Magnus and Meg, RIP sweet souls. Had to stop reading until my kids went to bed, they were getting upset that mummy was crying, now the tears are flowing and lost for words. Heart is absoulutly breaking for Jed and her family. Glad to hear the operation went well,hold in there jed and stay strong, we are all here praying for you. Thankyou all again for keeping us all updated, you guys are amazing in everything you do.

I too thank everyone for their updates and I hope that Jane gets better day by day. My thoughts and prayers are for her and her loved ones, four legged and two..

Edited by MissMolly

I sat down at 10:00pm to read this 80 page thread.

My gut has been in a knot since I started.

Its now 11:30pm, I have a sore chin from leaning so hard reading every single post but after all Ive read I still dont know what to say.......

Jed, your beautiful babies at rainbow bridge are watching over you. Chi Chi and all your other dogs are waiting patiently and in good care for you to come home. I wish you a speedy recovery and all the best. xxx

:laugh: to all the babies watching over Jed in her recovery.

*Ill make a donation when Ive composed myself tomorrow*

Edited by Eza

I haven't posted anything until now as I am at loss for what to say. I just want to offer my sympathy for the furbabies that Jed lost. RIP beautiful ones.

I have never met Jed or anything, but I just wanted to say that you have an amazing amount of support behind you and I am so sorry for the loss that you have experienced. To lose your house is one thing, then your beloved animals and to be hurt yourself is a pain I cannot begin to imagine.

You are an amazingly brave woman doing what you did and I wish you all the best. xxoo Take care and I look forward to reading updates on how you are doing. Sending love and healing vibes.

Thanks for the update, it is great to hear that Jed has come through the surgery ok :laugh:

Fifi, I too have had a kick up the backside-have had my smoke alarm down for a while now waiting for a battery-it will be getting a new one today.

Whilst I was on the phone to my mum the other night bawling about Jed and her babies, she reminded me of the time I went into the storm swollen (and raging may I add) creek after our dog who was swept into the torrent while trying to catch a neighbour's duck that was floating downstream. Mum said I always was the type to disregard my own safety when it came to animals.

I can fully understand why and how Jed went back into her burning house to save her babies... it's instinct and love... traits that Jed has in abundance.

So glad to hear that Jed's surgery went well yesterday, and thank you so much to Steve for posting the pics of Chi Chi and the others all safe and looking well after their ordeal.

I have bought a Lotto ticket for tonight's $20 million draw (NSW Lotto) in honour of Jed and her babies... I'd really love to win big so that I can offer some real assistance to a lady I respect and admire. It's so hard being so far away and not having much else to offer...

T.

I have bought a Lotto ticket for tonight's $20 million draw (NSW Lotto) in honour of Jed and her babies... I'd really love to win big so that I can offer some real assistance to a lady I respect and admire. It's so hard being so far away and not having much else to offer...

T.

That's a lovely idea TD! I might try something similar - I never buy Lotto tickets but this is a nice reason to do it.

I was so scared of that as the dogs that stayed in the house at night were her "old ladies" that had retired, TBCSITW of course and the nursing mums and her babies.

When it is allowed I will go in and see her she will be in such physical and mental pain.

She loved all her fur kids with an equal passion.

Thank you for all the help you are giving her guys DOL is so amazing.

Sorry guys I was trying to link this with another reply about MAGNUS and her older cavs I am so distraught as I have not had contact with jed for the past few weeks and it was not till a DOLer contacted me I ralised about the housefire and where it was and that she was involved.

What about her rescue parrots that were in a cage outside near the lounge? Did they make it?

Jed lookedafter all her creatures with such a love and passion each one was special in her eyes.

May she recover quickly and with all her friend here at DOL her long healing journey will be supported by you all.

Thank you all so much.

Does any one know the cause of the fire?

Edited by LouiseBrooks

Ho Steve

i cant believe such a thing could have happened, no i dont want to believe it. i just cant read the thread. every time i try the tears just wont let me. the worst is she will cope, we have too, all i find myself asking is why should she have too, such things shouldnt happen to good people, but why does such awful things happen . its times like this i say dreadful things to the Lord.

I hope she can feel all my/our love flowing her way, so many people admire her so, including me. my darling stringy has crossed the rainbow maybe they are all together.

hugs

sandy

I was so scared of that as the dogs that stayed in the house at night were her "old ladies" that had retired, TBCSITW of course and the nursing mums and her babies.

When it is allowed I will go in and see her she will be in such physical and mental pain.

She loved all her fur kids with an equal passion.

Thank you for all the help you are giving her guys DOL is so amazing.

Sorry guys I was trying to link this with another reply about MAGNUS and her older cavs I am so distraught as I have not had contact with jed for the past few weeks and it was not till a DOLer contacted me I ralised about the housefire and where it was and that she was involved.

What about her rescue parrots that were in a cage outside near the lounge? Did they make it?

Jed lookedafter all her creatures with such a love and passion each one was special in her eyes.

May she recover quickly and with all her friend here at DOL her long healing journey will be supported by you all.

Thank you all so much.

Does any one know the cause of the fire?

There was some mention that she'd lost birds Louise, and also a cat. :laugh: :p

I never used to look in the news section often,

but now the first & last thing I do is look here for updates on Jed & her loved ones.

And as my oh puts the kettle on, its the first thing he asks me......'any news'?

If collective love, concern and healing has power - I think we have enough for a small city :-)

Steve, I know this isn't all you are dealing with, take care of yourself too.

fifi

I'm sorry to have to say that Magnus has been found under Janes bed with the three boxers and the lovely black Cocker Meg, all obviously smoke inhalation and not burnt at all. They are being cremated seperatly tonight.

This just broke my heart for Jane and her family. I was lying on my couch talking on the phone to someone who was checking the thread for me. I was in the dark, without power, after my own fire :) :D , and down the line comes, "OH! NO!!"

This dreadful event has made us rethink our own fire plans. Dog leads are now in front of crates at bedtime. Torches all have new batteries and this afternoon I am off to Tas Fire Service to buy some fire extinguishers for the house, garage and cars.

It certainly puts a new perspective on our own situations. Too often we are so complacent.

All thoughts and prayers are with Jane now and as already mentioned by others, I dread Janes reaction when she finally realizes all her special dogs are gone.

Its going to be a tough time for all of you who are involved. Thoughts and prayers with you all.

I've been thinking the same, myself. Has Jane been unconscious all this time, or does she lapse in and out? She certainly has some wonderful friends and DOLers close by.

I didn't really think they were substantial enough for an auction... Maybe I could package them up for an auction into a nice doggy gift pack? Is that helpful at all? Sorry I'm just feeling a bit lost and wish there was more to do to help :mad

My suggestion would be just to hang onto them for a little while and check in when Jane is trying to pick up the reins again. She will need so much help then too.

Edited by Mother Moocher

I've been off line a few days and have just read part of this thread :D

Another person here who didn't know Jed but have read many her wonderful posts

I hope she gets better soon physically, i think it will be a long road mentally to recover from her loss

RIP beautiful doggies and any other animals that didn't make it :)

will go make a donation now