Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life is so unfair. But everything happens for a reason. I wish I could understand what the reason was. Keep lighting the candles I hope they guide me from this dark place.

It can be virtually impossible for us to find meanings in tragedies; the hurt must be so intense. Even if we don't post or keep our candles burning, I am sure there are many hundreds of people who think of you, Jed, what you have lost and the long healing road ahead, every day and even several times a day. And it wouldn't be the "thank god it didn't happen to me" thought, it would be thinking of you with deepest compassion and wishing we could do more for you, realising your terrible loss and thinking of the wonderful animals you have owned and bred and sent on to wonderful homes.

My own personal beliefs on why sometimes the most seemingly horrific things occur in our lives when we cannot explain them is this... our life journey is about how we deal with these things, not the things themselves. Dealing with huge tragedy teaches us about ourselves and life and how to learn to see the positives and finding our inner strengths when everything looks so grim. Not easy.

And if by chance my beliefs are correct, then you are doing a wonderful job. Coping with adversity is so hard.

They are my exact same beliefs dyzney and something I always remind myself of anytime even the slightest adversity rears it's head.

We are all still praying for you Jed, and your lost ones. :(

Oh Jed, when i lost Ripley so tragically after I i had waited so long for him, my world just stopped. The grief was hard to put into words. It crushed me for a time. I spent months soul searching, avoiding the dog world as I worked my way through the grief.

So I have an inkling of what you are going through, though your grief is compounded as you lost so many all at once - I only lost one.

All I can say with certainity is that it WILL get easier.

Not a day goes by when I dont think of you and all that you lost. You are far far braver than I am.

My thoughts ab prayers are with you daily. Hang in there Jed xxx

BB, all the dogs had their Fferplast beds with doonas on the floor near the bed, but they were all under the bed, gone to the bridge, so it was the CO2, it did swirl, and it is heavier than air; I know of someone who lost all their cavs except 1 - they were inside, and all perished, exect the one the dining rom table fell on, she was sheltered by it and was the only one saved.

I miss them all so much, I miss my baby girl so much, I wanted her for 5 years before I got her, and she proved to be everything I wanted, she had just had her 2nd birthday, she was kind to cats, she loved everyone, she loved to please, and I had waited to 2 years to show her, she was ready to go, and now she is no more.

I regret losing her for her wonderful and special self, as they all all, but I regret most that all my intentions and dreams are now dust. I saw her as the leader, she was shaping up as a kind but firm leader, now the dogs are rootless and unhappy.

Some vibes to heal my heart now, please, and some vibes to send me another beautiful girl like her. I have a daughter of my gentle Roxy and sister to my sweetheatheart Paris, to give me comfort, my Pheonix. I h ave a daughter to my faithful and kind Meg, my lovely golden child.

There could never be another Magnus but 11.5 years seems a fair time.

There is no one to replace my beautiful baby heart dog, the one who gave my pleasure to see her running, the one who always tried to hard to anticipate and do what I wanted, who always tried to please. The one I yearn for mostl

I miss her so much.

Life is so unfair. But everything happens for a reason. I wish I could understand what the reason was. Keep lighting the candles I hope they guide me from this dark place. :rolleyes:

:crossfingers:

I light a real candle at home every weekend, and when i do i make sure to take a moment to reflect on your situation and to send healing vibes your way Jed.

My own personal beliefs on why sometimes the most seemingly horrific things occur in our lives when we cannot explain them is this... our life journey is about how we deal with these things, not the things themselves. Dealing with huge tragedy teaches us about ourselves and life and how to learn to see the positives and finding our inner strengths when everything looks so grim. Not easy.

And if by chance my beliefs are correct, then you are doing a wonderful job. Coping with adversity is so hard.

I absolutely agree Dyzney. So well said.

I miss my dogs so much :crossfingers: Hug your dogs.

I can't ever imagine how much - and I don't think I want to. My Sasha vomitted on the floor the other day, right in the middle of the carpet. I found it in the wee hours of the morning, when it was minus zero degrees and was on my hands and knees scrubbing... But you know, there are worse things in life, real tragedies, real heroes. Puts your grumbles into perspective. So I hugged her, and gave her some Manuka Honey to help her feel better and (shamefully) babied her.

I am so very pleased that things are moving along for you Jed, that your injuries are starting to heal. My mum (who is not a member of this forum and couldn't use a PC to save her life) asks about you everytime I see her (and little Chi :confused: ). Why? Because we are dog people, and dog people are family - regardless how well or how little you know them.

Our continued thoughts, prayers and best wishes for all the injuries (physical and emotional) to you and your brave furries.

Chloe (the old tart) and Sashy (the goof) send lots of sloppy doggy kisses your way :rolleyes:

Oh Jed, I cannot begin to imagine your grief at the loss of so many, they will always lie buried in your heart. I hope your pain can be transformed into a new beginning with the huge support you have and the positive vibes from all around you to help face the challenges ahead.

:laugh:

Thinking of you Jed, and hugging my pups everyday.

I think I would crumble without them, they give me so much and it hurts to think of all you've lost.

I can't fully fathom the rollercoaster of grief you must be going through but I know what it is to loose a loved one, to see the death of cherished dreams and to search for some reason in senseless things - you have my deepest sympathy.

Hey Jed, hope you are up. Souff has a problem. Thought I might have a little late-night tipple but the problem is I cant decide whether to put some Kahlua into hot milk, or to just pour a glass of merlot.

If you see this within the hour, pls send urgent advice.

If not, well ... anything could happen. Cold night here and Souffie is weary.. Advice pls!