Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

i guess therefore that 100% australian made means that the product is wholly transformed in australia and so therefore 100% of the cost...

I guess so, if I mainly want to know where the ingredients come from I don't pay much attention to Made in Australia by itself.

I like it to be nice and clear on the packaging.

Edited by Diva

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i guess therefore that 100% australian made means that the product is wholly transformed in australia and so therefore 100% of the cost...

I guess so, if I mainly want to know where the ingredients come from I don't pay much attention to Made in Australia by itself.

I like it to be nice and clear on the packaging.

Hopefully Sherel will read this thread & change the wording when she has the next lot of bags printed. I like it to be nice & clear on the packaging, just where the ingredients come from, & even though I know they are all Australian, I am sure she would sell much more if it were clear on the packaging. It is a BIG selling point with BH, that it is all Oz, but she would sell more if the labeling was clearer & us distributors wouldn't have to keep explaining all the time :)

i have noticed that the smaller peices are harder for them to get and it takes mine longer to inhale their food , they have to chase it round more :laugh:

I found the opposite - by accident, really! I have Border Terriers, one of them won a smallish bag of Royal Canin Golden Retriever food a couple of years ago, the one where the pieces are quite large, with a hole in the middle. They are both guzzlers of the smaller-sized kibble, but because of the size of this stuff, they both ate it bit by bit, having to chew each piece as they went along. Took them much longer to eat their dinner and gave them a good bit of chew-time, too! And no, they didn't turn into GRs, either :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Hesapandabear

Would love to see some photo's of the babies :)

We have just opened our first bag of puppy food. We have a bitch who has a litter of three week old puppies. Bree has been fed BH Puppy for a month and she is producing huge amounts of milk. The puppies tripled their birth weight in two weeks (we would expect them to double their birthweight in one week).

They are fat little monsters with thick intense black coats. We will be weaning the puppies onto BH puppy. :)

Hi Skruffy n Flea

Sorry no one has got back to you do you know who you left a message with ?

BlackHawk is 100% Australian Made with 100% Australian ingredients , with our micro ingredients again we source them from Australia but sometimes demand out weighs supply in those cases we source from around the world the best available micro ingredients from the human supply chain which means those ingredients are also used in human food in Australia. if a country is to supply our micro ingredients they have to prove extensive testing and reports as our micro ingredients are human grade.

100% Australian owned

as you can imagine designing the branded bags, organising the text etc was a long task back n forth the the designers, we have some how missed the adding Australian ingredients text, but it will be added on our next run of printed bags.

Regards

Sherel

i left a message for someone but they didn't get back to me --- it's near 2 weeks now and no reply! :shrug:

the new packaging: it says it's 'manufactured FOR blackhawk' and that it's '100% australian made' BUT NO WHERE does it tell me that it's from oz ingredients!

that was a HUGE selling point for me!

what's the go?

Hi Skruffy n Flea

i am not sure what you mean about Quote "there's also that wee voice inside too that keeps asking have things changed in the world of black hawk!? "Unquote

Nothing has changed at all, except we have become extremely busy,

if you can let me know what that little voice is saying, i can answer for you

Thanks

Sherel

i left a message for someone but they didn't get back to me --- it's near 2 weeks now and no reply! :shrug:

the new packaging: it says it's 'manufactured FOR blackhawk' and that it's '100% australian made' BUT NO WHERE does it tell me that it's from oz ingredients!

that was a HUGE selling point for me!

what's the go?

Hi Skruffy & Flea, This topic was raised some time back & only Sherel can really answer it. The old bag only had 100% Australian Made on it too & I raised it with Sherel. It is 100% Oz made, produce of & owned, so maybe she feels that by saying it is 100% Oz made, that it covers the product from paddock to plate. I agree with you though, that something like 100% Australian Owned & made & 100 % product of Australia would be better, or just 100% product of Australia would probably cover it all. Even the trace elements are sourced from Australia if they are available, according to Sherel in an earlier post.

hi sheena and thanks for the reply :)

yeah, sherel and others had said that all ingredients were sourced locally [barring some exception regarding trace elements] so when i received my delivery, it bothered me that the packaging went as far as saying those 2 things but not saying from where the ingredients are sourced!

i guess somewhere deep down i do know that it's all australian product, but it'd be worth it to have the packaging show that too. there's also that wee voice inside too that keeps asking have things changed in the world of black hawk!?

Hi Skruffy & Flea, ...

I have no idea about BH, but those terms have specific meanings and "Australian Made" is about the site of manufacture, it doesn't mean Australian product is used although it may be.

This is from Wikipedia but it's a nice summary:

The definition for Australian Made means that the product is substantially transformed in Australia and at least 50 per cent of the cost of production has been incurred in Australia.

The definition used for Product of Australia requires that the product has all, or nearly all, of the manufacturing or processing carried out in Australia and that all of the products significant ingredients come from Australia.

The definition for Australian Grown is that each significant ingredient has been grown in Australia and all or virtually all of the production processes have occurred in Australia.

thanks for that diva :)

as for the other two definitions, only sherel can say for certain --- it'd be a comfort to have both shown on the packaging in any event :)

I suggested a neighbour try BH on their little fluffy - she went to the local stockfeeds place this morning where they sell it, but they also had some live bunnies for sale so she retreated and picked up Eukanuba instead from Petstock!

i had a similar thing happen only i was looking to replace food bowls; walked in, saw the kitties, backed out...

your friend is best to contact her closest distributor and have it delivered to her door :)

sherel, thank you :)

Hi Skruffy n Flea

Sorry no one has got back to you do you know who you left a message with ?

i wish not to provide the name of the person i had left a message for; things got complicated for her in other areas and i'm unwilling to add to her woes :)

BlackHawk is 100% Australian Made with 100% Australian ingredients , with our micro ingredients again we source them from Australia but sometimes demand out weighs supply in those cases we source from around the world the best available micro ingredients from the human supply chain which means those ingredients are also used in human food in Australia. if a country is to supply our micro ingredients they have to prove extensive testing and reports as our micro ingredients are human grade.

100% Australian owned

THIS needs to be added to your website! and THAT is exactly what i believed but i became unsure when i received my last supply in the new packaging...

as you can imagine designing the branded bags, organising the text etc was a long task back n forth the the designers, we have some how missed the adding Australian ingredients text, but it will be added on our next run of printed bags.

you have answered all my questions in one mighty swipe :D

Regards

Sherel

Hi Skruffy n Flea

i am not sure what you mean about Quote "there's also that wee voice inside too that keeps asking have things changed in the world of black hawk!?" Unquote

Nothing has changed at all, except we have become extremely busy, if you can let me know what that little voice is saying, i can answer for you

Thanks

Sherel

all my previous black hawk supply had been delivered in clear or white plastic bags [no labels] and so when i received the last supply in the new packaging, i just wondered whether the ingredient sources had been altered; that's all that was about :)

sherel, thank you very much for clearing it up --- most graciously appreciated :)

i must again thank sheena [previous page] because she in the interim helped allay my concerns :)

And that is what I love about BlackHawk, I am a primary producer so I support those who support us.

Great to have any fears addressed. :)

Oh while I think about it, The puppy no longer lists wheat in it's contents. I am guessing that means it no longer contains wheat?

Edited by OSoSwift

And that is what I love about BlackHawk, I am a primary producer so I support those who support us.

Great to have any fears addressed. :)

Oh while I think about it, The puppy no longer lists wheat in it's contents. I am guessing that means it no longer contains wheat?

That's right...the Puppy no longer has any wheat :) We are primary producers too & always try to support the Ozi farmers, as we know they do it tough, compared to the overseas farmers who are heavily subsidised by their governments & don't have the OH&S, enviromental restrictions & high wages etc. It it very hard to compete. One day Australia will wake up & find that the only farms that are left are the ones owned by the Chinese, Japanese, & Multinationals & they will wonder how did we ever let it happen :eek:

Sherel, thanks so much for my samples, I am yet to try out the Shampoo and conditioner but the cat food is a hit, Lee got me a bag in the last delivery you made to her so I have a bigger bag to go on with! Thanks again, 4 happy dogs here, beautiful shiny soft coats and lots of energy. Plus a happy kitty. :thumbsup:

Hi All,

Abbey has been on her black hawk for atleast 3 weeks i would say and has in the past week become really scratchy, ive checked her skin and cant see anthing do you think there would be anychance she might be irritated a bit by something in the kibble? Could i be food allergy?

Yeah it would be such a shame if it is, becuase she is much better on it (obviously appart from the itching if it is related).

Has she had lamb & chicken before?? Have you had a lot of very wet weather (floods) out your way just recently? Is she dropping coat maybe??

Hi All,

Abbey has been on her black hawk for atleast 3 weeks i would say and has in the past week become really scratchy, ive checked her skin and cant see anthing do you think there would be anychance she might be irritated a bit by something in the kibble? Could i be food allergy?

I had the same problem with my GR, I started mixing in another brand of food with the idea to change her, but went back to BH without changing her entirely to anything else...she seems fine now, I think it must have just been a season type thing

Hi All,

I had the same problem with my GR, I started mixing in another brand of food with the idea to change her, but went back to BH without changing her entirely to anything else...she seems fine now, I think it must have just been a season type thing

Ok well maybe i should just cut back the BH for a week or so and see what happens. Ive checked her skin and given her a bath and i cant see anything and this has been the only major change to her diet and they say it takes a couple of weeks to get into their system properly. Fingers crossed i have the same outcome.

Is there any hope in the near future of Black Hawk making a performance level food?

Or food with bigger sized kibble pieces?

I've placed my older dogs onto the adult (they were on eagle pack natural) and they are doing well which is great - they will stay on this.

Our younger racing dogs have also been on BH for the last couple of months and done well, but its now time to switch them over to a performance food. They are normally on Eagle Pack Power - but this has been hard to source lately. If BH were to develop a similar level food - we would be more than happy to try it.

Arby has been on BH Puppy since 12 weeks.. he is almost 8 months now and I just ordered him a full size bag of "Big boy black hawk" :laugh: :laugh:

He's a chubby little munchkin!

I love Black Hawk, i just wish there was a distributor up here in the NT

Thought I'd already left some feedback but apparently not.

I switched to Black Hawk a few months ago and have had my dogs on it. All of them are doing brilliantly on it and, my dog who has always had a skin condition/allergies, is actually regrowing hair that wasn't growing back before.

Because of that, I switched all the rescue dogs on BH too, and constantly get told how great they are all looking. We had a Husky pup and had him on the puppy formula - at his vet visit, the vet was amazed by his condition, the perfect weight, the good hair, etc, and they'll be looking into stocking BH because of that.

Very, very happy with it. It's the first kibble I've been able to give every single dog, so has cut a lot of hassle out at feeding time!