R.i. P Sam

Tara and Sam

post-11463-1292125840_thumb.jpg post-11463-1292125705_thumb.jpg post-11463-1292125743_thumb.jpg

You came into our lives in November 1996 at 8 weeks of age and weighing 5 kilos

We got you from the Dogs Pound

We had our journey home in the car and then we introduced you to your new home , at first you were reluctant to walk down the back yard

you explored the inside of your new home walking from room to room

you then decided it was time for a sleep , you chose the laundry floor as it was cool for you

each days for the next few days you decided to become braver and venture further down the back yard

one night when going out for your last nature call you headed towards the back fence only to be confronted by a big shadow on the fence which scared you and you came running back barking at that strange thing on the fence , only to be told it was your own shadow

In April of 1997 along comes Tara only 7 weeks old and weighing 2.2 kilo

by this time you were weighing 20 kilo

I bent down with Tara on my lap as you came over to be introduced , you took one sniff and look and then whent running away LOL , finally you came back and introduced yourself

Tara was much smaller than you , yet you were so gentle with her

You never caused much damage to things , you had your toys and your teddy bear which you often brought out from the bedroom into the kitchen and play with

You and Tara loved playing amongst the Pea Straw in the garden

You loved doing circle 8 zoomies around the garden chaseing Tara

You always stood back to allow Tara to eat from the biscuit bowl waiting until she had finihed

if Tara took your bone you never growled at her you just stood by and watched her with your bone until we came and got it back for you

You were a Gentle Giant

You loved climbing on chairs and just sitting there

You certainly loved sleeping on our bed and on the lounge next to your humans

You loved haveing a lower back rub and would often back up to us for that back rub , or back up to shrubs to get a back rub

You enjoyed haveing your ears rubbed and would groan with pleasure

You loved going to the park with your human dad , but never strayed far from him

Ohh and how you loved sitting in the car with human dad , just being together was enough for you

You absolutely loved the Broom chase around the garden from your human dad , he would run towards you with the broom and you would take of and come back for more

In summer cool nights you loved laying on the lawn watching over your back yard

You had three holes in the back yard where you layed in summer time to keep cool , the main one under the Frangapani tree near our bedroom window , you laid there and waited for us to come home as you could see us come up the driveway , the hole in the shade house was yours and the one under the pergola you shared with Tara

Sadly as you got older you developed Hip Dysplasia and then Arthritis

as the years moved along you started slowing down and was becoming difficult to walk easily , you could'nt jump up on your favourite bed or lounge , and had to be helped up into the car , but you seemed to still enjoy life

you were sleeping more and last summer knocked you around as it was so hot , but you found your favourite cool spot in the laundry

No more will I wake up to see you looking at me waiting to greet me

or hear the thump as you flop down on the floor next to the bed

No more will I hear you snoring next to me

No more will you be in the garden with me , the gentle coming over to me and kissing my neck as I bent down to do things ,or the gentle nudge that you wanted a pat or cuddle

No more of the comfort and company of you under my desk , even though at times the wiff was bad

You protected Tara , if she yelled or was in trouble you always ran to check on her

You never complained when she pinched your bone you just stood and watched until we got it back for you

You loved the rolliing around on the lawn after dinner time

You loved the Christmas tree as always knew there was something special for you , yet never attempted to touch them until given to you

Our first Christmas together you climbed up under the tree and layed there

You were our Christmas present to OH and myself

We knew that one day the time would come , it came to quick for us

but I had the feeling you waited for human dad to get back from holiday before you gave us the sign

we knew we had a decision to make when your back legs would not take you more than a few steps

I knew when I laid with you on the ground and gave you your ear rub , you gave me a different look this time

I sensed you were telling me something

You waited for OH to pat you and talk to you on his way to bathroom about 3-00 am

Sadly 11th December 2010 in the early hours of the morning your body decided it was time and you passed over to Rainbow Bridge

You looked so peacefull in your favourite place in the laundry that final morning

You are pain free now and at peace

I wait for you to knock on the door to come in , I wait for your nudge for a cuddle , I wait for you to put your paw on my leg or to snuggle up on human dad's arm

I walk out the back door and glance over to your favourite places and dont see you :)

You are so very missed and our hearts are breaking but our memories will never fade with our Heart dog

Tara still looks for you as we do

We love you and always will

My Heart breaks as I want you back even for one last cuddle and kiss

Your body has left us , but you will be back Christmas week with us to forever stay in our home and hearts

Run free my darling Sam :)

R.I.P Sam

11th December 2010 aged 14 years 3 months

;) :D ;)

Edited by Tara and Sam