My First Puppy - Tv Show

Guest bigdogg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved seeing all those puppies :thumbsup:

I don't understand why a crate wasn't mentioned though. It would have been perfect for that blue staffy who was eating the apartment. And also what about a good old water squirter? Or did they mention that? I ducked out to cuddle a chicken near the end. :thumbsup:

I loved seeing all those puppies :thumbsup:

I don't understand why a crate wasn't mentioned though. It would have been perfect for that blue staffy who was eating the apartment. And also what about a good old water squirter? Or did they mention that? I ducked out to cuddle a chicken near the end. :thumbsup:

I thought the same thing about the water squirter when I saw him use the air horn. No he didn't use a water squirter, but you would have to think it would be a better option for everyone's ears than an air horn!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

There was plenty of awful advice to be had for each and every puppy. Not to mention the stafford puppy that got into a fight at the park. I really hope that ratings were low- the less people that watched that the better.

There was plenty of awful advice to be had for each and every puppy. Not to mention the stafford puppy that got into a fight at the park. I really hope that ratings were low- the less people that watched that the better.

I didnt watch the programme but I do agree. The less people that do watch, the better for the dog community.

The guy is a tosser and will always be one.

It was pretty gringe worthy. The staffy ruled the roost and did whatever it wanted, and Chris gave it a b+ at the end :thumbsup:

Then there was the gsd being throttled by that kid in the street, the staffy in a fight.

And all the expensive dog beds he took them to buy.

I always tell people to buy cheap beds to start with, as the will get destroyed!

Leaving food down all night too, whats with that?

I missed the start, did they do a good bit about getting the other 2 from breeders? or was it bad?

I watched it because I wanted to see all the cute little puppies, but the advice that he was giving out was pretty crappy.

I missed the start, did they do a good bit about getting the other 2 from breeders? or was it bad?

Not that I saw, it didn't really mention anything about where to get puppies from at all....

His toilet training advice was pretty crappy I thought...

it was true crap from beginning to end, all negative with training, how/ where to get puppies from and advise? well what can i say... nothing and i mean nothing positive was there! from basics to more basic manners,,,,, national tv! where do we go from here?

Edited by anniebc

The 3 puppies came from 3 different sources.

The GSD was from a reputable breeder. Parents were also there to be viewed.

I missed where the staffy was from but not sure a reputable breeder would sell a *Blue* staffy to people in an apartment.

The Cavalier poodle cross was from a backyard breeder. It wasnt a puppy farm that I could see. However he did take the new owner into a pet shop to hold a dog similar to what she was buying sight unseen, so she could spend $350 on dog stuff that was extremely overpriced.

He also mentioned that there were loads of puppies in rescues and pounds that needed homes.

Unfortunately the cavalier cross came out top in his assessment of their behaviours. Mind you, it did have a great temperament.

The staffy was unruly and most likely dog aggressive but he gave it a b+.

The GSD was attending training so hopefully it turns into a gorgeous dog. Not sure the cats thinks so though lol.

Shaking my head at every turn. I cringed the moment they mentioned *blue* staffy. And the cavalier cross don't even get me started I was close to lunging at the TV when they admired the "gorgeous" puppy in the pet shop window. Don't even start on the training I wanted to choke someone when the GSD puppy was jumping on the table and he brought out an air horn like WHAT REALLY ARE YOU SERIOUS MAN.

Just out of curiosity, what do you all think about his philosophy on leaving the puppy completely alone on the first night? I always thought you had to attend to a new pup several times throughout the night for toilet training... was a little confused on that one? :thumbsup:

So stupid I had to turn it off.

Poodles easy maintenance, just leave natural & pop it in for a clip every 6 to 8 weeks. Lovely while it shrieks as knots that have built up for all that time get dealt with :thumbsup: Allergy free, of course :thumbsup:

The ridiculous shopping for the cavalier/ poodle mongrel :thumbsup:

The GSP let loose chasing the guinea pig :thumbsup:

Call me if you need me in the night, hello she has got a healthy puppy, was just too stupid. Couldn't watch any more.

The 3 puppies came from 3 different sources.

The GSD was from a reputable breeder. Parents were also there to be viewed.

I missed where the staffy was from but not sure a reputable breeder would sell a *Blue* staffy to people in an apartment.

The Cavalier poodle cross was from a backyard breeder. It wasnt a puppy farm that I could see. However he did take the new owner into a pet shop to hold a dog similar to what she was buying sight unseen, so she could spend $350 on dog stuff that was extremely overpriced.

He also mentioned that there were loads of puppies in rescues and pounds that needed homes.

Unfortunately the cavalier cross came out top in his assessment of their behaviours. Mind you, it did have a great temperament.

The staffy was unruly and most likely dog aggressive but he gave it a b+.

The GSD was attending training so hopefully it turns into a gorgeous dog. Not sure the cats thinks so though lol.

Really... Who really cares where each puppy came from when it comes to temperament and right puppy. We all would like to think that only registered breeders breed quality well adjusted puppies. Many do.

There are those who do not give a damn other than for the $$ they get back. They may be "registered" but that does not make them ethical.

The pet shop puppy, may on slim chances come from a BYB who sells their pups to the pet shop rather than an entrepreneur money hungry enterprise.

And maybe, just maybe, the breed bred by that evil puppy farm, where the last puppy came from, was a breed that is pretty tolerant of most things and the chances of having a bad temperamental puppy is slim.

ETA: Note my sarcasm. There is a reason I only ever watched one episode of that show.. It is crap and all about ratings and what story gets the most OMG!!!

Edited by Mystiqview

Just out of curiosity, what do you all think about his philosophy on leaving the puppy completely alone on the first night? I always thought you had to attend to a new pup several times throughout the night for toilet training... was a little confused on that one? :thumbsup:

I'll answer. I thought it was bullshit :thumbsup: Poor puppy, on it's own, first night in a new house and it's not only seperated from it's pack but left alone to scream all night. Why not suggest a crate? Toilet training will be interesting...

There were quite a few things that got on my nerves; No mention of crate training, no mention of reputable breeders, "designer dogs", pet shops with over priced crap (errr who buys a $300 dog bed? I'd rather spend it on a good quality crate and mat), no suggestion of letting the breeder help the family select the correct pup, blue Staffies... :thumbsup: and I only watched the first bit.

Luckily most normal people are out on a Friday night and it's only the crazy dog folk who stay home and watch telly :thumbsup: well one can hope anyway.