What Fruit And Veges Do Your Dogs Like

pirate

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far he eats everything, including the parsley and spinach straight form the garden pot..

He loves watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, mango and tomatoes... He ate all the tomatoes from the cherry tomato bush a week or so ago...

He seems to like all veg, I have offered, eggplant, potato, pumpkin, peas, beans, spinach, zucchini...

apple, banana, carrot, mango, pears, nashis, grapes, capsicum, strawberries, tomatoes, peas, beans, mulberries, apricots, peaches, nectarines, watermelon..

Hi persphone. :)

Grapes are not recommended for dogs.

Px

The other night we had a BBQ and I offered a bit of lettuce to all the dogs. 3 took it but promptly spat it out but Kijana chewed hers up. She looked so funny, like she didn't really like it but was going to eat it anyway,lol. She had more after and ate it the same way too. Other than that my dogs also like banana, strawberries, apple sometimes carrot. Haven't tried alot of stuff. I've mixed stuff in their dinner that they ate but that's not the sama as giving it to them on it's own.

ETA: Chase like to share a few grapes with me too. Ive heard they are "apparently" toxic but just a few isnt going to hurt a dog of his size.

Edited by Kaffy Magee

The other night we had a BBQ and I offered a bit of lettuce to all the dogs. 3 took it but promptly spat it out but Kijana chewed hers up. She looked so funny, like she didn't really like it but was going to eat it anyway,lol. She had more after and ate it the same way too. Other than that my dogs also like banana, strawberries, apple sometimes carrot. Haven't tried alot of stuff. I've mixed stuff in their dinner that they ate but that's not the sama as giving it to them on it's own.

:laugh: I know THAT look well - my boy, Lennon, would do that - chew with the most disgusted look on his face, but damned if he was going to risk anyone else getting it!

My boys will eat pretty much anything - not too keen on brussels sprouts or lettuce, though. My old GSP used to LOVE apple cores.

Tralee - I have heard that about grapes, too.

Edited by poodlemum

Sweet potato is my tibbie girls' daily staple. Nutritionally rich vegetable. The vet told me that he often recommends it for the diets of dogs that have skin conditions. Mine don't. But since I've added sweet potato, the groomer has asked me what am I feeding my girls, because of the healthy state of their fur.

apple, banana, carrot, mango, pears, nashis, grapes, capsicum, strawberries, tomatoes, peas, beans, mulberries, apricots, peaches, nectarines, watermelon..

Hi persphone. :)

Grapes are not recommended for dogs.

Px

I used to feed our first Ridgie peeled grapes, yes I peeled them for her, before I knew they were toxic to dogs!! She loved them! She also used to pick Lillypillies straight of the tree - yukky!!

Our dogs eat all fruit and veges except lettuce.....BRD usually gets a carrot after her dinner and they get cauliflower or sweet potato with ther dinner usually.

I shared a punnet of strawberries with them the other week....They were getting a bit past it, and I couldnt eat the whole punnet - so they got to share, which they loved!!