Anonymous Users. Why?

nawnim

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do it because past experience has shown me that some people get upset if they see you listed and you don't post.

I prefer to read stuff in privacy & to feel free to post at my leisure.

That's a very good point.I'm not anon and sometimes I'll be reading a topic out of interest but I really have nothing to contribute and then I get to the bottom and the only other person reading is the OP.Then I feel a bit rude because they can see me and all I really have to offer is this :wave::o

There is a box you tick when you log in .... I am anonymous but for no other reason than I like to be :shrug:

Oh good...I've just learnt how to use it :) Now no one will be able to say.....Ooooohhhhh....she spends so much time on DOL.. :laugh: I can lurk in the background with everyone else. :thumbsup: But honestly, I don't think anyone ever looks to see who is on & who is not.

There is a box you tick when you log in .... I am anonymous but for no other reason than I like to be :shrug:

Oh good...I've just learnt how to use it :) Now no one will be able to say.....Ooooohhhhh....she spends so much time on DOL.. :laugh: I can lurk in the background with everyone else. :thumbsup: But honestly, I don't think anyone ever looks to see who is on & who is not.

Oh, you'd be suprised. Ive witnessed some nasty attacks related to that in the past. Not to mention the ol' delve into past usernames. :(

{Bold} I know I don't. Nor really care.

Do you think people are just getting too sensitive when it comes to social media now. How dare you "unfriend" someone on Facebook that you hardly talk to, "I won't be your friend because you are friends with XYZ".

Geez, is it all THAT important that our lives need to be run by it? Or does it just goes to show who has a life outside the little illuminated screen and who doesn't. LOL

I'm always anon. And an occasional 3am insomnia random thread reader which I find a bit embarrassing. :o

Then there's the walking off mid-read and having your name sitting at the bottom of the thread for aaaages like you're studying it for exams.

I think they are lovely names.

Ann On

Ann Onymous

Sue Donym

Nonde Plume

Although they might all be happier if they could write:

Shall Remain Nameless

Ehhh!! Tralee's not my real name either, but I knew who all of you others were as soon as I read your avatars. :D

Maybe that's the usefulness of signing in Ann Onymous.

Then people won't know who you are. :confused:

Edited by Tralee

Funny your on a public forum but you value your privacy lol I really don't know why people would go anonymous, people don't know you anyway, your just a name ?? Each to their own :-)

I was thinking almost the same thing, except if you are posting on a public forum why do you care whether people are logged in as anonymous, onymous or guests? Either way the end result is going to be a bunch of random eyeballs on your thread.

Edited by Weasels