Sick Border Collie Pup

Owey

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a reputable registered breeder, it makes my blood boil every time I hear a very sad story like this. People wonder why I despise BYBers as much as I do. The next argument I get into with a numpty who sees nothing wrong with BYBing I will point them in the direction of this thread. This could have been avoided and Owey's family spared this heartache.

To Owey and your family, I am so very sorry for your loss. What wonderful people you are to take this baby into your home and offer him all the support you could give him until the end. I wish there were more puppy buyers in the world like you. Sending gentle hugs to you all today

RIP little Baileycrying.gif

Oh dear :cry::cry: I am ever so sorry to hear such sad news regarding darling little Bailey. What a cruel thing TNS is & no little puppy deserves to endure this insidious disease.

No family should have to witness such suffering either. Our thoughts are with you Owey & your young family at such a sad time. You did your very best for beautiful Bailey & at least before

he left us he knew the kindness of a loving family.

R.I.P Beautiful Bailey :angel: No more suffering now little darling :rainbowbridge: Go run free & play forever sweetheart. You have touched the hearts of many.

Just had to edit my post as anger is starting to kick in regarding BYBers. Totally with you here Benshiva on this one. I hope one day that they will be outlawed so as there will only

be registered, reputable breeders who make sure all these extremely important tests are done & there for horrible situations such as what has occurred here to Owey's family & little puppies

like dear Bailey wont have to suffer in sickness & sadly have to be pts :(

Edited by BC Crazy

This is terribly sad news :( Owey I'm so sorry your family had to go through this heartache with Bailey :cry: We all get attached to little puppies so quickly, it must have been devastating...I hope in time there is a place in your family's hearts for a healthy wee puppy to bring you love and cuddles again. RIP Bailey.

Sorry Owey for your loss.

For such a simple inexpensive DNA test, it could all have been prevented.

I hope with the help of Dancinbcs you will be able to get a healthy happy puppy from a REPUTABLE registered breeder.

Unfortunately, I hate to say it, but there are a number of "breeders" who advertise on DOL puppy listings who are no better than BYB themselves. Breeding for colour and money and still will not fully health testing their breeding stock. Some even pumping litter after litter out each month.

Sad day for border collie world.

Oh dear :( I am ever so sorry to hear such sad news regarding darling little Bailey. What a cruel thing TNS is & no little puppy deserves to endure this incidious desease. No family should have to witness such suffering either. Our thoughts are with you Owey & your young family at such a sad time. You did your very best for beautiful Bailey & at least before he left us he knew the kindness of a loving family.

R.I.P Beautiful Bailey. No more suffering now little darling.

Just had to edit my post as anger is starting to kick in regarding BYBers. Totally with you here Benshiva on this one. I hope one day that they will be outlawed so as there will only be registered breeders who make sure all these extremely important tests are done & there for horrible situations such as what has occured here to Owey's family & little puppies like dear Bailey wont have to suffer in sickness & sadly have to be pts :(

I am so sorry to hear of Bailey's passing. :rainbowbridge: RIP little man.

I can barely see what I have been reading this morning, it too has made me mad that in this day & age these diseases are so easily prevented. When I got my 1st Border Collie back in 1993 I knew nothing of inheritable diseases but was made aware of CL. When looking for my 2nd BC 4 1/2 years ago I made sure I found a breeder that had tested for the 3 diseases I'd found out affected BCs.

Owey, :hug: I hope you find another Border puppy from tested parents when you are all ready, they are wonderful dogs.

:cry: I am crying for a family and a beautiful dog that I have never met, as I am so so sorry that you all had to go through this, such a tragedy

Bailey was soo lucky to have you guys in his corner looking out for him and unfortunately making the toughest decision for him, I am sure he will be running free over the bridge, waiting for his family to join him someday

I hope one day, another beautiful pup will help heal your hearts and go on a journey through life with you, with Bailey's blessing

RIP Bailey, will be thinking of you all today and for many days to come :hug:

This is one of the saddest things. He was so young and none of you deserved this. After I read this I hugged my pups.

I hope your heart can heal with a new little pup in your life.

When I had my first border collies I had no idea about the diseases. But with my two little ones I did all my research beforehand.

Our thoughts are with you.

So sad to hear of this outcome for poor Bailey. Our hearts do indeed go out to you and your family. :cry:

Dancinbc, hard for you too, as I think you were hoping to be wrong, but had to wait with heavy heart as time passed for test results to confirm what you knew in most likelyhood correct about the prognosis with this poor puppy. As a Border breeder it must be so hard to see this, a family suffering something that could be avoided. :grouphug:

Run free little Bailey, :rainbowbridge:

Edited by LizT

:cry: :cry: :cry:

It is with a heavy heart and Owey's permission that I advise everyone that Bailey was given his wings today and his test results, done twice by the Uni to be sure, confirmed that he did in fact have TNS. I have never been so sad to have been right about something.

Owey and his wife are not up to posting tonight but will try to come back on tomorrow. They have decided to not take the litter brother and have requested a refund of all their costs. Lets hope the "breeder" now does the right thing after putting them through all this heartache.

This is a very sad lesson in why DNA testing is so important for any condition it is available for. No puppy buyer should ever have to go through something like this when it is so easily avoidable.

[/quote\

I am so sad to see this news, my heart goes out to Owey and his family, they are constantly in my thoughts today

There is no excuse for this sort of thing happening nowadays In Victoria the breeder would have broken the law, but I have yet to see of a prosecution and I doubt very much if Mr & Mrs Public or your average BYB (they are all pretty average in my view) would be aware of the law so probably this awful outcome with little Bailey is actually happening more often than we would like to think

Just wanted to express my sympathy to Owey and family. :hug:

I'm so sorry the journey with your beloved pup ended so tragically.

Full credit to you for doing right by Bailey until the end.

I hope, when you are ready, that you find another pup to fill the void this has left in your lives. No one should EVER have to go through this. No one. :(

RIP Bailey. :rainbowbridge:

So sad to hear of this outcome for poor Bailey. Our hearts do indeed go out to you and your family. :cry:

Dancinbc, hard for you too, as I think you were hoping to be wrong, but had to wait with heavy heart as time passed for test results to confirm what you knew in most likelyhood correct about the prognosis with this poor puppy. As a Border breeder it must be so hard to see this, a family suffering something that could be avoided. :grouphug:

Run free little Bailey, :rainbowbridge:

Yes, TNS has always been very difficult to diagnose clinically and many puppies didn't have such dramatic initial symptoms making it complicated. Owey's original description of the illness, the fact the infection was the incredibly rare neosporosis, which I have only ever heard of in a TNS puppy before, the photos of Bailey and the relapse all made Judy and I as sure as we could be that it was TNS but I didn't want to dampen the little hope that maybe we were wrong.

I am so glad that I saw the initial post and with the help of Judy from the BC Club and Sydney Uni we were able to help Owey through this dreadful ordeal, even if we could not save Bailey.

So sad to hear of this news :( I have been checking in regularly hoping against hope that it wasn't TNS and was in fact just some weird puppy illness making him unwell.

I really hope that this event hasn't turned you off this beautiful breed and that when the time is right you will find a wonderful, healthy puppy from a reputable breeder who tests for disease and soundness.

I also really hope that this has been a huge lesson for the "breeder" and that they will now think twice before just breeding for the sake of breeding. If this terrible event helps in any way to prevent another dog being born with this disease then Bailey's death will not have been in vain.

Run free little man, I hope you are having fun playing to your heart's content over the bridge, free from your pain and suffering :rainbowbridge: