At The Emergency Vet

If they seem OK why cant you take them home and then if they show signs of sickness, or if the bloods come back bad take them back then?

IF they go down hill, it can happen fast....

havent stopped thinking of you guys, please keep us updated

If they seem OK why cant you take them home and then if they show signs of sickness, or if the bloods come back bad take them back then?

Presuming (hoping!) they are still on IV Fluids.

IF they go down hill, it can happen fast....

havent stopped thinking of you guys, please keep us updated

Yep, they're still on IV fluids until blood results prove that they can be taken off them.

They seem fine, but that's with constant care, if there is something wrong that's not yet determined, they could easily crash very fast. :(

they could easily crash very fast. :(

and not something you want to happen home :(

thanks for explaining, I didn't realise they were still being supported by IV fluids, I just had visions of these happy naughty waggy tailed dogs being kept at the vets.

I'm still hoping for the best and checking umpteen times per days. Looking forward to you getting the all clear.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yipee!

Maybe doa triple search of the house and yard to make sure the tablets aren't hidden somewhere? That is, actually move furniture around. I always pick up lego after my nephews have visited, but months afterwards I find bits in strange places...

Yipee!

Maybe doa triple search of the house and yard to make sure the tablets aren't hidden somewhere? That is, actually move furniture around. I always pick up lego after my nephews have visited, but months afterwards I find bits in strange places...

Yep, house will get getting cleaned top to bottom over the next few days and they will not be left alone inside until I am 150000% sure everything is gone!

Also will be addressing the reasons behind Riddicks sudden desire to bench surf when Im out of the house and eat things he never would otherwise, so this NEVER happens again.

Thank god. I feel like I haven't breathed in 3 days. So relieved.

Thats fantastic! You must be so over the moon!

What does it mean if the tests are clear that they didn't actually injest the meds or they passed through or were vomitted up?

Thats fantastic! You must be so over the moon!

What does it mean if the tests are clear that they didn't actually injest the meds or they passed through or were vomitted up?

From what I understand, its still not 100% sure what happened.

The most likely scenario is that, if one of them did ingest the meds (which im 99% sure Riddick did, judging by the chewed packets), I got them to the vet in time for the fluids and other drugs to do their thing. They both had very full bellies which would have slowed down the meds somewhat and also protected their stomachs. They are large dogs, which also makes a difference.

I have to take them to the vet again on thursday to get their bloods checked again, and probably in another 2 weeks again after that. They have to be watched carefully for any signs of stomach distress, incase there is unknown ulceration. So whilst these tests are clear, that could change in the next few weeks and the remaining drugs move through their system. They're out of immediate danger though!

I'll talk to the vet when I go pick them up, to get more clarity on the situation. Right now Im just dancing a jig knowing they're ok and they get to come home!!!

LMSW's perspective: 3 days of hell with a huge bill to pay at the end.

Roscoe & Riddick's perspective: We had a nice holiday with the vet nurses.

Little B#$T%^#$!. They add years to our lives and then take them away with these shenanigans!