At The Emergency Vet

Come home after a few hours out to find that my dogs had decided to get onto the bench and shred the contents.

The main concern being the brand new packet of pain killers I was given by the doctor that morning. 4 out of 5 packets found, 3 of those completely chewed up and at least 20 tablets unaccounted for.

Race to the emergency vet, dogs are taken off to be made to vomit (I'm guessing it was only riddick the Labrador, but I can't be 100% sure). Apparently the normal dose is 10ml for a dog. There are 20 ml in 1 tablet, and at Least 20 tablets missing. You do the math.

If the drugs have got into Riddicks system, his kidneys could fail. He could potentially die.

:(

I literally do not know what I would do if that happened. I can't even begin to imagine.

Sitting in the vet waiting room now. :( :( hopefully I got them here fast enough. Hopefully

EDIT AND UPDATE:

As of now, both boys are home safely :) Fingers crossed that everythings smooth sailing for here!

Edited by lovemesideways

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They both threw up last night and no drugs could be seen in their vomit :( which is bad because it means they dissolved into their system most likely. They are at the vet for 3 days on fluids.

I've spoken to the vet and really it's a waiting game to see what the blood tests show, they are otherwise both very happy and wagging their tails this morning. But the vet said we wouldn't see any effects straight away, there is still a real danger.

I'll be visiting them later on today and will update again later.

Right now I just feel completely awful, had about 2 hours sleep and really wishing I had pet insurance. Which I don't.