Enough Gumtree Ads Perhaps?

Salukifan

I'm loathe to cause offence to any poster but has anyone else had enough of the "x is for sale on Gumtree ads" here. It's a different matter IMO if someone wants rescue to intervene but it's not illegal to sell dogs on Gumtree and I don't see how drawing up our skirts and shrieking when yet another dodgy breeder advertises really helps anyone.

I'm not taking issue with any particular post or poster but do we really need to read these ads reposted here?

Has anyone else had enough?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely.

:offtopic:

What breed is Onyx? Hes gorgeous FP

He's a Finnish Lapphund, although the pics in my signature are a little outdated. :)

:love: * writes down finnish lapphund in notebook under " dream dogs"* lol he is beautiful :thumbsup:

Agree - the only time I'd like to see them is when there is one of my breed FTGH and they come into the breed thread to let someone know in the hope we can get it before someone else does (especially if it's not desexed).

Agree!

+10,000.

It's basically just hand wringing and/or upping post counts. Annoying.

If you want rescue to intervene, great - make some calls, send some PMs and emails.. put some wheels in motion!

Edited by Alkhe

I do not go onto Gumtree for the pure fact it makes me want to reach through my monitor and throttle the crap out of people.

I know it happens, I find out about the ones I need to, I don't need to see it on here.

This is where I come to escape to be among people who do have an idea and mostly have similar ideals and values as I do. Sometimes I just don't want to know Gumtree even exists as it's bad for my blood pressure.

Yep and the Whippet community has saved Whippets from there. Like I said I find out about the ones I need to in WA and even though I am vast distances away, I have helped get them saved and into rescue. I don't need to see it here though, not that I even click on them 99% of the time. Mostly they are lgeitimate ads, - might make my blood boil but they are allwoed to do it, so I choose not to look.

Edited by OSoSwift

My take on the whole gumtree thing is that if you are so concerned about it, get up off the computer and do something about it... hand wringing and trying to score brownie points here about how much you care about dogs by decrying the advertising of animals on a trading post type of website wears thin after a while...

We all know about Gumtree...

T.