Please Help Me Save My Dog

Jellyblush

Have you tried recording your own voice and playing it back in a loop?

I have no idea whatsoever if this would work, is recommended, etc, just a random thought after reading the above posts asking about sound.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks OSo! 2 hours of footage last night..... better than the day before! No stressing until 7 minutes post departure. Then about 8 minutes of pawing at the catches on the crate - it wasn't panic, it was a concerted effort to bust out because she only went for the catches on the door and the corners which are the weak points (not anymore though since using about 50,000 cable ties mwahahaha)

Anyway, then the rest of the time she slept, except for a couple of random 2 minute stints going for the catches again.

Improvement, yes?!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just thought we'd say hi with a little update :)

Roo is improving incrementally, she still hasn't busted out of her crate, she continues to exhibit stress in the backyard which is probably a lost cause tbh.

She loves daycare :)

45354_501021716624579_1467193759_n.jpg

Don't you think?

Between daycare and boyfriend she still has a day or two alone each week, but obviously quality of life is better than when she was alone 5 days per week.

She is being kennelled for 3 weeks in May; I am having a holiday, first in 2.5 years! Can't wait! Hope she copes okay in kennel. Welcome Kennels in Yarrambat for anyone with any feedback on those guys. They seem fine.

Another daycare pic :)

561860_501021503291267_539775713_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't updated, for some reason I used to get alerts in my email when there was a reply to this thread but they stopped? We thought you guys were over us and all our drama! :p

Well, while away, I emailed the kennel twice per week to check on Roo. They said she was fine each time, BUT when I picked her up she was missing another tooth, and had a severely swollen paw with one front paw twice the size of the other and couldn't walk. I took her straight o the vet who said she suspected an infection had gone up through the nailbed, after a course of antibiotics she was fine. I asked the kennel if they had noticed, they said no, we didn't notice and no infection was possible from here, out kennels are very clean. I'm not very happy - I know these things happen but I feel they should have noticed?

ANYway - since the trip Roo is doing...ok. Both she and I were glad to be Roo-united ;) Right now the holding pattern continues - 2 days daycare, 2 days medicated (i.e. totally zonked), 3 days with me per week and all evenings. If there is ever a need for a short absence, an hour while I go to the shop or something, the crate is working ok. She's still anxious in it, but can't do any harm to herself and can't get out. I'm still amazed at the generosity of this site when I look at it.

She's never really going to be ok. It's just a matter of finding a balance and trying to be really honest in assessing when I think her quality of life has more bad than good.

I'm considering fostering rescue greys with a view to adopting one if I find a good temperament match that seems to help her? I'm not sure if this is a good idea. The rescue org said it was but obviously they are very keen for help. Her daycare, who are AMAZING, have links with the greyhound rescue org. They say older greys are very docile, not easily fussed, and happy to snooze on the sofa all day? that sounds like it could be a good match for the Roo?

Sadly the new boyfriend transpired to be quite violent when drinking, which was often. So that will not really work out. Sigh. I'll let Roo pick the next one for me, she's probably better at it!!

Thank you for checking in with us, and YES I know my obligations!

with her friends at daycare :)

406991_503210646405686_1241392631_n_zps41b895b7.jpg603643_505966859463398_789045442_n_zpsda0f6742.jpg[/url]