A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

I'll be calling them around 9 as that is when they will have had a chance to get his results of the morning bloodwork. I am praying for a miracle right now.

Thank you for thinking about us and I'm so sorry about destroying the happy vibe of this thread. I just didn't know where to go.

--Lhok

Did you speak to his breeder? Is it maybe a genetic thing?

Don't be sorry, that's what we're all here for!

Paws and fingers crossed for you here.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be calling them around 9 as that is when they will have had a chance to get his results of the morning bloodwork. I am praying for a miracle right now.

Thank you for thinking about us and I'm so sorry about destroying the happy vibe of this thread. I just didn't know where to go.

--Lhok

Did you speak to his breeder? Is it maybe a genetic thing?

Don't be sorry, that's what we're all here for!

Paws and fingers crossed for you here.

Yup I spoke to his breeder, but she hasn't got it in the lines of her dogs but as his dad is half american lines she is going to have a look at them. The only other Akita she had heard of that went through renal failure was a 5 year old rescue bitch whose lines she didn't know. She is as devastated as I am about Raiden, I do know if the worse should come I have already told the vets that if she would like to call them that they can discuss what happened even though the vets are less then happy about it (No idea why) And I have authorised a kidney necropsy (not sure if that is the right term) to be done so they can find out what happened as apparently it is very rare in young dogs.

--Lhok

Oh Lhok I am so so sorry to hear this terrible news. I am sending you so many big virtual hugs right now. I can't imagine the pain you are feeling right now, i'm sure all my workmates will be just as devastated to hear this news :(

I hope you and your family are ok. Raiden was the 2nd Akita I've ever met, and he was absolutely gorgeous.

Big hugs :grouphug:

Thank you everyone for thinking about us.

--Lhok

It's impossible not to Lhok. Your updates and photos in these puppy threads were enjoyed by all. We all know the joy a new puppy brings to your life. To have that cruelly ripped away so early is just shattering. We are all mourning on your behalf. Please take care of yourself xx

I put some of Gus being a drama queen after his first bath in the photos thread. He's such a monkey.

Last night he found a squeaky toy in his bed and proceeded to honk at it every 2 seconds for an hour at 4am. I will look harder for the noisy ones tonight. I am so pooped today!

Hi Lhok,

I will post some more pics of Koda for you when I get home, the latest ones are on here: Koda Thread

My thoughts are with you in this time of mourning, Raiden will be well taken care of over the bridge

:rainbowbridge:

He will live a full life of joy and happiness and I am certain you two will meet up again in your next life.

Thank you everyone for thinking about us.

--Lhok

It's impossible not to Lhok. Your updates and photos in these puppy threads were enjoyed by all. We all know the joy a new puppy brings to your life. To have that cruelly ripped away so early is just shattering. We are all mourning on your behalf. Please take care of yourself xx

My sentiments too. Thanks Cassie for saying it so eloquently.

Lhok...Willow sends you waggy butt, puppy kisses to help heal your heart.

I've been spending lots of kissing time with her and more time laughing at her naughty antics. (And she is Naughty!)

But she's a super model too.

Here she is sending you Love.

7B9F2B60-A37C-4EEE-A661-057549A094EB-62501-00000D48F8CDCB3E.jpg

So sorry Lhok...

I hope the vet cooperates and can give you and your breeder some more answers.

If puppy pics will help, then I'm more than happy to oblige!

Here's Nixon sending you cuddles via his teddy:

post-49251-0-06309600-1371789703_thumb.jpg