One Of The Consequences Of Sleeping With Dogs.

Kirislin

Maeby I have the no bones inside rule too. No idea how to enforce it?

Went to bed last night and had a good look. Relief, no gritty bits and now I know I will stick to boy dogs. Seems easier to control what falls put of their nether regions.

Edited by hankdog

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maeby I have the no bones inside rule too. No idea how to enforce it?

Went to bed last night and had a good look. Relief, no gritty bits and now I know I will stick to boy dogs. Seems easier to control what falls put of their nether regions.

They are called doors. Awesome invention :thumbsup:

I was talking about this topic with a friend earlier, how having animals on the bed trashes you bedding, sigh...

This thread did remind me of the early days of having cats and then puppies, when a vomit or god forbid a pee, would have me leaping out of bed and changing the whole bed in the middle of the night. These days...meh, as long as my side is clean(ish) and dry, it can wait :laugh:

LOL. I haven't had a wee on the bed for years (OMG I hope I haven't jinxed myself), but I do wake up to the occasional vomit. If it happens through the night, it gets cleaned up and a dog fleecy thrown over the wet spot. Then into the wash in the morning. I don't have a doona and I have polar fleece blankets which are very easy to look after. Generally only one of the dogs buries herself under the blankets. I throw dog fleecies over the bed so the dogs have something to burrow Into if they want to.

In my dogs' defence, it only happens rarely and I dont know who the culprit is or whether they all take turns.

I think they probably have a discussion as to whose turn it is. :D

:) I think that most people's vision is for pooping, peeing and chucking to happen outside. But (a) accidents happen and (b) sometimes life is easier if you let your standards slip a bit :laugh: It's all good material for a laff at ourselves, I reckon. :)

Oh :cry::cry: how I can relate to Point B. ----- looking at my lounge sofa covered in a blanket which is covered in dogs hair. Time to change the blanket.

Last night spud was sleeping under the covers between hubby and I. he was curled up directly into hubbys butt. Hubby woke up in the middle of the night and sneeze / farted… never seen spud get out of bed so fast in my life! Poor boy wouldn’t come back to bed and I couldn’t stop laughing LOL

Last night spud was sleeping under the covers between hubby and I. he was curled up directly into hubbys butt. Hubby woke up in the middle of the night and sneeze / farted… never seen spud get out of bed so fast in my life! Poor boy wouldn’t come back to bed and I couldn’t stop laughing LOL

I woke up last night to a pug diving into my crotch, I must have farted in my sleep because the pugs go hunting for farts. It was a most disturbing sensation to wake up too :eek:

Asante's incontinence is only now and then and she doesn't sleep on the bed often. She has her own bed on the floor and sneaks up during the night every so often.

Ive never had a poo or wee but I have had a secret vomit.

What I hate are the secretly hidden bones you only find by smell.

When Bob and molly were alive Gilly had to 'bury' his bones for safety.

In the middle of last summer he buried his bone in my bedroom, after a day or two i couldnt find the smell, then I did and it had wildlife on it!

I have slept at a friends place and woke to her BC pup vomitting on my head, she had eaten a baloon!

there are some funny things in here :rofl:

but there are also some gross stuff too :vomit:

I just thank the lord that my Gizzi who is 16 can still let me know when she needs to toilet , as I would hate to have to evict her permanently from my bed . I could not handle just letting her do it in my bed ewwwww , when she had a few fits she did lil nuggets , I wake when she starts fitting and get her out of bed into a to a towel before anything happens , as she often looses her bladder when she fits , tg for fast reactions

I do find a lot of toys in my bed , stuffed in in the morning while the others are waiting for me to wake up "here pressie f or you for when you wake up"" :rofl: no bones they are not allowed in the house

lol in my defence ny older incontinent dogs are NOT allowed on my bed, Happy and Misty have there own beds and the puppies sleep on my bed...but the puppies like the dog beds better and I have watched them kick the older ladies onto my bed and take over their beds..I can stop it when I'm awake, but now they just wait till I'm asleep :laugh: I have been told I should just get myself a smaller bed so that I have room for more dog beds lol

Definitely no raw bones inside - the thought of all the bacteria never mind putting them in your bed - yuk!!!!!

I have cat sandtrays in the laundry - cats don't go out and we don't have a cat run yet - and I check them whenever I walk past. Previously I have cleaned them 6 times a day.

I am not a germaphobe by any means, but some of these stories have me positively green around the gills!!!!

Some of these stories are so gross!

We don't sleep with the pets and the worst thing that has happened was when Perrin was a kitten he got into bed with us one night and licked my husbands nipples. I've never seen anyone move so fast in my life. :eek: Poor Perrin was thrown onto the floor and was very surprised.

O/h said it felt disgusting. And he slept in a shirt for a long time after that. :rofl:

the worst thing that has happened was when Perrin was a kitten he got into bed with us one night and licked my husbands nipples. I've never seen anyone move so fast in my life. :eek:

:rofl: I shouldn't be reading this thread at work. I just about spat my latte all over my keyboard.

I wouldn't call my dogs incontinent. I'm not sure why the occasional poo slips out of one of their bums, I know it's not deliberate and it only happens when they have really firm little pebbles, not great big sloppy poos. When they see a turd in the bed, they seem as grossed out by it as I am.

I wouldn't call my dogs incontinent. I'm not sure why the occasional poo slips out of one of their bums, I know it's not deliberate and it only happens when they have really firm little pebbles, not great big sloppy poos. When they see a turd in the bed, they seem as grossed out by it as I am.

Probably because they think it's yours and wonder why you're pooping in their bed :laugh:

Edited by minimax

I had an old incontinent girl with dementia and she wore nappies for this very reason. She'd just stand up wherever she was and pee or poo. I would take the nappy off straight away of course so it's not like she lay in it. She got used to the nappies (kids ones with a cross cut in for the tail) and it meant she could still sleep on the bed.

Before the random toileting she was always a farter. She liked to sleep with her butt right near my head and I'd often roll over to stick my face in it so had to develop the 'fart pillow' as an absorption buffer between her bum and my head.