What Was Your Latest New Purchase For Your Doggy?

Today I went and fitted my basset hound for a life jacket so she's safe to take out on the boat :D I'm not at all worried about my kelpie keeping her head above water if needed(she'd probably beat us back to shore) but my basset has next to no swimming ability. Got me curious if anyone else has bought anything interesting for their doggys lately?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bit of a spending spree here after Macs recent surgery and new disability. (We need ' Disability Care for dogs! biggrin.gif) - thicker vet bed, (Victoria) a new woollen blanket ( eBay from Qld), an elevated dog bowl (made in the UK) and a new harness (from Cleanrun in the US). And of course if Mac has a new harness then Andy and Sarebear will need one too... embarrass.gif

All up just over $200 embarrass.gif - and then there's his surgery... And the 19 year old microwave which gave up the ghost on Friday night... Been an expensive fortnight. And I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

A new house!

after almost 13 years in the one place, the encroaching high rises were getting crowded. Final straw (after a previous lovely neighbour for 7 years) was the new renter in next door since Easter who started making calls about all sorts of rubbish to council and RSPCA etc etc. Made life a misery. RSPCA was annoyed she'd wasted their time but council sent a dog phobic idiot who eventually told me they would send me an order to reduce numbers. They don't care about NSW companion animal act, they think we should all only have 2. But don't worry...it will be easy. All you have to do is drop the rest off to the RSPCA or one of those places....

So, moving to the country to a shire with no dog limits and becoming a commuter. 4 weeks to go and can't wait. I actually am grateful to the lousy bitch next door now. Should have done it years ago.

Good for you, TigerJack. Leave her a doggy farewell gift on her doorstop. A nice warm landmine should do it :p

I bought a new harness, Gus has grown out of his baby harness and I feel like this one might last about 4 weeks as well. Haha.

Not buying the expensive ones yet!

I had to find a new raw food supplier after my one of about a decade closed down :cry::cry: . I was so sad for them as they were obviously very distressed and I just happened to go down on the day they were closing their doors for good.

I've started buying the Prime Rolls from PetStock at Mt Colah and to date they seem to be a success. (Someone in another topic had mentioned them, so thanks for that :) .)

As they didn't have VAN Complete, I went to PetBarn at Castle Hill only to find it was about three times the size it was last time I visited some years ago. :eek::eek: Wish I'd invested LOL.

Bought the VAN and some Waterless Dog Shampoo - LOL.

Bunter has scored a new harness as he can slip out of the previous one if he decides to put the brakes on during our walks.

And I recently bought a pestle and mortar to mash kibble for Gussy Cat to ensure she gets some dry in her diet.

Edited by Danny's Darling