What's The Most Frustrating Statement Someone Has Made To You Late

kelpiecuddles

We were out with the two pugs on the weekend, and this little kid, he was about 3 years old, came up and pointed at them and started giggling and giggling and giggling. It was kind of cute, he'd obviously never seen a squishie faced dog before, and the pugs were wiggling and wagging their tails so I asked if he wanted to say hi to them. He came over and was patting them gently (still giggling, asking if they were dogs, what happened to their noses, etc) and his mum came up and said "get away from them, they probably bite". I told her they didn't bite, and she kind of huffed, then said "don't pat them near their tails, they probably hate it." My OH piped up and said "nah that's their favourite spot because they can't reach it themselves" :laugh:

With no more anti-dog reasons left, she grabbed the kid and mumbled something about being here to look at the boats, not play with dogs. It made me laugh, as she obviously didn't like dogs and did not want the kid having a bit of enjoyment from one.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funnily enough, this happened to me few times with my Weimaraner, too. Guy goes: "You wana sell your dog?" I goes "You got fifteen hundred bucks?" (This is what I paid at 8 weeks) Guy goes "WTF" the look on his face was priceless lol :p

Not that I would actually sell her, but if I would, he certainly did not look like he could afford her, I have spent a lot of time, money and effort training this dog, she isn't going cheap!

Well when you think of the time and effort put into them... If they were horses they would certainly be worth a lot!!

We were out with the two pugs on the weekend, and this little kid, he was about 3 years old, came up and pointed at them and started giggling and giggling and giggling. It was kind of cute, he'd obviously never seen a squishie faced dog before, and the pugs were wiggling and wagging their tails so I asked if he wanted to say hi to them. He came over and was patting them gently (still giggling, asking if they were dogs, what happened to their noses, etc) and his mum came up and said "get away from them, they probably bite". I told her they didn't bite, and she kind of huffed, then said "don't pat them near their tails, they probably hate it." My OH piped up and said "nah that's their favourite spot because they can't reach it themselves" :laugh:

With no more anti-dog reasons left, she grabbed the kid and mumbled something about being here to look at the boats, not play with dogs. It made me laugh, as she obviously didn't like dogs and did not want the kid having a bit of enjoyment from one.

That's sad :(

I've had it happen with my guys too. They LOVE kids and kids tend to love them right back.

DiscoDobe, I agree. There seem to be a strong sentiment that only puppies are worth money, anything else should be dirt cheap or free. This despite the fact that most people can't mange to teach their dog to walk on a leash and shit outside, you'd think they would be happy to pay for a dog that has already been taught stuff...

I don't get that at all. With horses, the better trained the horse the more money you can generally ask..... With dogs, unless you are flogging it as a "rescue", you have trouble getting any kind of money for a dog, even just an older puppy. Genuine working dogs (like sheep dogs or working pig dogs) seem to be a bit different I guess, so maybe it is mostly the "pet market"?

That guy certainly didn't expect to have me ask for a large mount of money for the dog, not sure what he thought would be a fair price? :confused:

Edited by BlackJaq

Ok, I was sitting in the car with my dogs on the back seat, fully buckled, windows down half way. OH had gone to pick up some shopping.

Teenage boy (TB) walks up with a pie in his hand.

TB: Can I feed your dog (trying to put his hand through the window)

Me: No you can't, they don't eat pies (while putting the window up)

TB: Oh, I wasn't going to feed them, I just wanted to tease them :banghead:

Ok, I was sitting in the car with my dogs on the back seat, fully buckled, windows down half way. OH had gone to pick up some shopping.

Teenage boy (TB) walks up with a pie in his hand.

TB: Can I feed your dog (trying to put his hand through the window)

Me: No you can't, they don't eat pies (while putting the window up)

TB: Oh, I wasn't going to feed them, I just wanted to tease them :banghead:

:mad Little smart a#$e

I was standing in my front yard last week, playing with the dogs, when a random lady walked past with her (hugely fat) Cavalier.

Fat Cav lady: 'Your dog is so skinny!' (referring to my I- Setter- she's not.)

Me: *stunned silence*

Fat Cav lady: (getting louder, thinks I may be deaf)) She's far too thin!! *shakes head at me and waggles finger*

Me: *more stunned silence*.

Fat Cav lady: Continues with her slow stroll down the street.

After a minute of digesting what had just happened, I was so tempted to go running down the street yelling, 'your dog is morbidly obese!! Do you understand you're killing it with food! It was the fattest dog I'd seen in a while, if you poked your index finger into it's side (not that you would of course, metaphorically) you'd be feeling flubber the whole length of your finger, if that makes sense.

Still so cross about it though :mad I just can't stand it when someone, who (I assume) wouldn't even be able to tell me what breed Riv is, can stand there and accuse me of underfeeding my beautiful, healthy dog. She has a perfect rib cover (actually you can't even feel her ribs unless you press in, so she's probably a bit over-fed if anything!) :doh:

Extremely frustrating.

I'm getting a bit tired of people telling me that my dog is trying to be dominant, because she's a Rottweiler, and I should 'get stuck into her'.

eta, some context...

She gets very excited when we go out to training, works like a dream, but with loads of enthusiasm, sometimes she gets a bit bouncy.

She likes to lean on you for cuddles (Ummm...Rottweiler, it's what they do) and will nudge you with a ball.

She was a bit of a PITA to teach her to show her teeth nicely. Apparently that was dominance too. (PS..she shows teeth like a champ now).

I would say it was less dominance and more me just trying to redirect some behaviour more appropriately in our own time and not in the time frame of others.

Edited by Dory the Doted One

One of my friends purchased a cavalier x poode puppy from a petshop recently (against my advise of course). The dog cost her $1800 becuase it is a "Designer Breed" you know like Jessica Simpson & the like have :banghead: :banghead:

When someone asks what breed it is she refers to it as a "Cavoodle"

....And I get told all the time that my Golden Retriever is skinny and I should feed her more!!!! Just because majority of GRs are overweight!

Most people don't realise what a healthy dog weight looks like.

My brother has a springer he is always being told is 'too thin' - it is a working police sniffer dog and at the peak of fitness lol

My Lab girl gets called skinny - but at 28kgs, she could lose 2kgs before I'd be more happy with her condition. I tell her she's got "booty"... *grin*

She has a nice tuck and well defined waist line - but she will be shifting some of the "winter weight" soon... and then I'm sure I'll be told that I'm starving her...

Just because Labradors have no eating "off switch", doesn't mean that you feed them until they stop asking.

T.

There is no such thing as foster dogs - people foster kids, not dogs..

Oh, that reminds me of Ex-Mother in law...Who in a VERY offended tone said to me....

"You Vaccinate dogs, not Children. Children are immunised."

But then she thought Hepatitis B was an airborne disease.

It came from a moron at the leash free park. Our park is divided in two, so I tend to go when it isn't busy so my boy and the foster girl can have a leash free run in a big space in one side. Fool turned up with his two big dogs and said, these two look like more fun we will go in here.. I asked him to wait a second while I leashed them so I could take them home. He was offended I was leaving, I think - so I explained that Zipp is a foster and I am personally responsible if she gets hurt and I can't afford it if she did..

So he snorted at me and said 'never heard of it, no such thing as foster dogs - people foster kids not dogs'..

I leashed the dogs and left..

Today some lady seemed shocked Nova didn't have a tail.

Me:"Yes dogs of his breed can be born like that".

Her: "No they aren't, my sister breeds those dogs".

Me still being polite and immediately thinking her sister probably breeds Borders or Koolies: "He's an Australian Shepherd, they can be born with all different lengths"

Her: "Stop lying, she breeds those dogs, and you cut yours off".

I just told her to get her facts right and walked off.

Today some lady seemed shocked Nova didn't have a tail.

Me:"Yes dogs of his breed can be born like that".

Her: "No they aren't, my sister breeds those dogs".

Me still being polite and immediately thinking her sister probably breeds Borders or Koolies: "He's an Australian Shepherd, they can be born with all different lengths"

Her: "Stop lying, she breeds those dogs, and you cut yours off".

I just told her to get her facts right and walked off.

Lol, I've had so many people ask me why my dog's tail was docked, or when I walk past I hear them talking to their friends, look at that dog, its tail has been cut off... No she was born like that!!! Also apparently she is a cattle dog x because she has a blue eye and its true because there's no such thing as an Australian Shepherd.