Dogs And Baby

W Sibs

So there is a new member of my family.. this one isn't a white fluffy. In fact, he is quite naked.

10665353053_fb8187656d_z.jpg

Skeeter and his baby brother.

Hardest thing for me with Skeeter is to keep him away from the baby. The gentle giant is besotted with his brother, always checking up on him. Gets super excited when I let him touch and sniff the baby. He always remembers to his manners around the baby.

10665159564_56ae42d200_z.jpg

Emmy and her littlest brother.

It took Emmy a few days to get use of the baby. She is very respectful of the baby by giving the baby space, but when we are holding the baby, she will come over and sniff the baby and lay down beside us and sleep.

I have to say if you put in the effort of preparing the dogs for a baby, it really pays off... even though things have changed at home, Em and Skeeter quickly adapt to the change. We still kept their routine, taught them to respect the baby and baby's things and they are still very much included in everything we do... baby is up all night, so is the dogs. When baby sleeps, we all sleep :p

Congratulations on your new little boy.

Wonderful photo's of your beautiful new son & your gorgeous 4 legged family members. I would also like to congratulate you on taking the time to prepare Skeeter & Em so they are as happy & comfortable about the new arrival as you are. If only more folks took the time to do the same. Well done & enjoy :)

Edited by BC Crazy