Getting A Dog Through Private Rehoming

kiwioz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

:laugh: Yeah Finn is not quite convinced yet! But he is already warming to the idea, they keep playing together :) At first Finn was just running to me and not wanting to engage at all, now they keep ignoring us to play with each other :thumbsup:

Pers it was so nice when they came to visit the other day, the mum just looked so relieved and said 'this is what he needs'. She wanted him to have a doggy friend and space to play (we have a great yard) and people who would take him out and about :)

Sounds like a perfect ending for both parties. I am sure the family are terribly sad but on the other hand happy to see they found the right place.

Congratulations. I love the smile on his face in the first pic :)

I haven't commented on this thread as I didn't want to be "that" person who mentioned GAP :laugh:

Congrats to you and the smile on both your faces tells it all :D just wonderful!

Edited by HazyWal

....but we knew we'd done the right thing when the two of them had a HUGE play and chase session, I haven't seen Finn that active and happy in ages :thumbsup:

Pers it was so nice when they came to visit the other day, the mum just looked so relieved and said 'this is what he needs'.

These excerpts from your posts really touched my heart, kiwioz :cry::cry:

Charlie looks totally and 100% adorable. He will be ruling the roost in no time at all :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you for all the lovely comments :)

Charlie has just slotted himself in like he's always been here. He is happy ALL the time :laugh: He loved the beach this morning and Finn seemed to enjoy having company to chase around :thumbsup: Charlie is a little... over excited about having Finn around at the moment and poor Finn keeps ending up as a humping post... :o but I'm sure between Charlie settling down and Finn becoming more confident to tell him to get lost that will sort itself out.

Charlie is a little energiser bunny and Finn is still a bit overwhelmed, but he's loving it as well. Keeps wanting to know where charlie is and they're following each other around and playing together :) I feel like we're not only gaining a new dog, but also getting back our old dog at the same time :)

DD you're not wrong about him ruling the roost :laugh:

Finn is being quite funny - when we put the leads on to head out Charlie was wriggling SOO much that it was almost impossible to get his attached. Meanwhile Finn, who normally is just as excited, sat there calm as anything and extended his leg for his harness, and looked at Charlie as if to say "pffft...amateur" :laugh: