One If My Dogs Has Been Hospitalised

Rascalmyshadow

Thank you so much to everyone that had replied, I am trying to have positive thoughts but I groom from home and have another 5 weeks until I move my business into the vet I go to, I have had to cancel numerous dogs and wash every surface with bleach and F10. I can't afford the lost wages as the vet bill is already high and going to keep going up, my kids birthdays are Sunday and Monday, we've had to cancel all of that.

It's a complete disaster.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much to everyone that had replied, I am trying to have positive thoughts but I groom from home and have another 5 weeks until I move my business into the vet I go to, I have had to cancel numerous dogs and wash every surface with bleach and F10. I can't afford the lost wages as the vet bill is already high and going to keep going up, my kids birthdays are Sunday and Monday, we've had to cancel all of that.

It's a complete disaster.

Oh hell :(

:kissbetter:

No words... just mega healing vibes from me and mine to you and yours... and some extra huge cyber hugs for good measure...

I'm currently living the aftermath of a litter of parvo infected rescue pups... I feel your horror and fear.

T.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this :( Don't beat yourself up, you didn't leave him unvaccinated on purpose, and as others have said vaccinated dogs can get it too. I hope the fact he isn't a pup will go in his favour, as it usually hits puppies quicker than adult dogs.

All the best, he is in the right place and getting the fluids he needs. :hug: Wishing for a speedy recovery.

Until you've dealt with the insidiousness that is parvo, you truly don't understand. Yes you made a mistake and one you will beat yourself up for forever but anyone who flames you for it needs a boot up the arse. Parvo is a vile disease that is spread so easily that even when careful it can come into your home and your life.

Agree.

I am so sorry, why wonderful dog owners and dog lovers go through this sort of turmoil I will never know. It is just not fair.

I do know Astro is blessed to have such loving, devoted owners :heart:

Come on Astro, get better and come home really soon please xx

Update: Astro is doing ok the vomiting has stopped he has no blood in his vomit or diarrhoea, he is not eating and still flat but the vets are happy with his progress so far. He is in overnight and hopefully we will have him home in a few days if all goes well.

I have bleached the house and will have some F10 on Monday so all soft beds and furnishings can also be done.

The vet bill will be a lot but at the moment affordable unless he needs to go to the emergency centre for overnight care or blood transfusions.

Thats comforting news actually. As persephone has said food is neither here nor there atm but really great to hear the other details. Especially no blood... healing vibes & all paws crossed here.

Edited by BC Crazy