Why Are Smart People So Dumb?

MadWoofter

Talking to a good friend last night about her new puppy. It'a "sishon" and it was specially bred as a therapy dog

*Bangs head against wall

She's not stupid, and she knows the whole pet shop / puppy farm stuff, but still, how does an intelligent person still fall for this marketing crap?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it suits them & they want the pup. Not falling for the marketing crap at all.

I have a friend that shows & breeds pedigree cats & the justification for buying a x bred pet shop pup was so ridiculous & hypercritical :eek: If someone said the same re buying x bred cat from pet shop you would have heard the ranting interstate.

There is no figuring out people.

And here I was thinking it's not a full puppy experience without the waiting. :laugh:

Seriously, the waiting is as much a part of a puppy for me. I love that build up and excitement, the anticipation and then finally the 'delivery'.

Yea, and how do people manage to puppy proof and buy too many things for puppy in the months before you get it?

Totally agree Dory, but apparently there's a waiting list for these special pooches, and she was willing to wait 6 months until the next litter !!

meanwhile we sit and wait up to 3 years for the rarer breeds. You know, those bred for "therapy" coz everyone knows that a therapy dog doesn't need special training, it's all in the breeding

Talking to a good friend last night about her new puppy. It'a "sishon" and it was specially bred as a therapy dog

*Bangs head against wall

She's not stupid, and she knows the whole pet shop / puppy farm stuff, but still, how does an intelligent person still fall for this marketing crap?

Yep, a retail therapy dog.

You can be smart but ignorant about things. Doesn't make you dumb, just uneducated.

That sounds like the BYB who told me she doesn't breed "for the money" and her pups are "happy". So what other reason would there be for crossing a CKCS with a Poodle? Apparently, silence is golden as she hasn't bothered to answer that one...

*Bangs head against wall

Um, what type of therapy?

Had a quick check of notes..... is this actually a Shichon that sometimes gets called Zuchon?

:eek:

Edited by VizslaMomma

I have a lovely, intelligent aunt and uncle but they still went and spent $2000 on a puppy-farmed oodle even after I'd directed them to DOL. :( yes smart people can sometimes be incredibly stupid.

Years ago, relatives of a dear friend did the very same thing.

The wife wanted a 'purse' dog.

Mega bucks for the dog. But worse expensive Vet bills for its life.

:cry:

It's not that they are stupid. Most people these days just want to do what is most convenient for them and they really don't believe or don't particularly care about stories of puppy farms etc. They want a pretty pup, they want it now and they want to buy it in an easy process.

It's not that they are stupid. Most people these days just want to do what is most convenient for them and they really don't believe or don't particularly care about stories of puppy farms etc. They want a pretty pup, they want it now and they want to buy it in an easy process.

Spot on. What a sad world.

Yep. Not stupid. Just arses.