What Time Do You Feed Your Dogs?

flame ryder

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feed once daily.

At least an hour after training (retrieving or agility) or exercise - which means no earlier than about 6pm and as late as 10pm. Both of them sleep in as long as I need them to and rarely ask to go outside in the morning.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

In the evening when the puppy dog eyes go from cute to annoying :p

No toilet issues here, they go out to toilet at 7am, 8.30am and stay out all day, about an hour after we get home from work, after their dinner and then just before bed. I'm pretty sure they save the poops for during the day as they generally only wee during the short toilet breaks.

Yep mine do the same, I send them out to do toilets but they all have a quick pee and run back in. It's pretty cold here atm so maybe in summer they will linger longer and have a poo. It would be ok if they didn't step in their poo in the kennel/run. I guess what I'm trying to find out is how long their digestive system is...like how long before dinner becomes poo? But probably every dog is different.

Some people crate their dogs all night without poo so it must be possible.

And yeah I know part of dog ownership is cleaning up poop but I can be hopeful :) less is best lol

Twice a day - breakfast around 6.30am and dinner around 6.15pm, dinner later in summer if I'm out in the garden. Oldie has always been an early bird but if I've not got anywhere to go in the morning I might go back to bed for a while after they've come back in and had breakfast. They go out for a wee from about 10.30-11.45pm and occasionally one or other has a poo then too.

My 3 get fed twice a day, they are too small to only feed once, can't have their blood sugars dropping.

I feed dry food at 8:00am, then main meal at 5:00pm. I used to find if I fed them at 7-7:30pm they would need to poo during the night, causing accidents in the house.

I just break up their main meal into two smaller meals a day. Usually feed anywhere from 7:30-10:30 in the morning, then 7:30-10:30 in the evening. They usually poop straight after eating, so easy clean up.

Before I leave for work in the morning (varies from 2.30am to 6am), then 12 hours later. Toilet breaks straight after eating (20-30mins outside) and before bed at night. When I'm not home they're in the house, and generally have no accidents. Occasionally they'll tell me they need another toilet break during the afternoon / evening, but that's usually if I've fed them something out of the ordinary / new.

Pup gets 2 meals..

One as soon as I get up

And the other at night.

Both dogs are fed at night, if I have plans to race / train the next day I'll feed early.. 12ish hrs before they're due to race. With a light broth to drink in the morning before running.

Otherwise if they haven't had any night excercise they get treat balls etc whenever they start to get annoying :laugh:

Breakfast is around 7.30 otherwise Penny will thump herself down on the floor and groan

Dinner around 5 otherwise Penny will thump herself down on the floor and groan

Her stomach-clock is often fast in the winter