Colour-Coding Dogs

RiverStar-Aura

Yep, ours all have a main colour and an "offset colour". Their collars are the main colour and the embroidered writing is the offset. Their leads (plaited fleece ) are made from both colours and either black or a patterned fabric that incorporates both colours.

Brooks- purple/black

Jaz- red/black

Dash- green/orange

Sweep- blue/orange

Charlie- light blue/black

Delta- pink/black

Link- blue/green

Whip- red/black

Rush- blue/pink

Fuze- fluoro green/black

Shock- purple/green

Boost- yellow/ blue

Hype- black/silver

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think maybe I'm the only one who doesn't do this! :laugh: Lili has a pink striped collar, purple harness and pink and aqua lead, Mo has a red studded collar and a red harness but I didn't do it on purpose, his lead is brown.

I don't either, everyone wears whatever appeals to me at the time.

Stevie has been our red collar girl since she was five weeks old. Jodie inherited some of the stuff because she's smaller. If there's a choice now, Stevie is red and Jodie is our little pink girl. Jodie gets a pink bowl and a collar.

Sammy is the boy so he has a couple of blue collars but he doesn't care and we mostly have red leads so he wears a lot f red.

Black dogs look so good in red!

Then again, we have a set of embroidered collars - purple on gold - they were on special and look good! Also the breakaway collars are all green because they were n special. Maybe I'm just cheap ;)

Guest Clover

Yes for leads now more for me and knowing whose lead is who's when walking, not for fashion. When we were doing dog stuff before we retired the dogs all had strict colours Elvis was purple, Tinny was red, Harri was orange (I don't think Luna got a colour, she got hand me downs).

I think maybe I'm the only one who doesn't do this! :laugh: Lili has a pink striped collar, purple harness and pink and aqua lead, Mo has a red studded collar and a red harness but I didn't do it on purpose, his lead is brown.

I don't either, everyone wears whatever appealis to me at the time.

I don't either. It comes in either Lge or Med. lol That's as fancy as it gets.

I don't either, everyone wears whatever appealis to me at the time.

I don't either. It comes in either Lge or Med. lol That's as fancy as it gets.

I used to but mine only have one of each these days and I only use leather leads.

Badger just got a new collar, he looks good in blues.

My guys don't have colour coding as such. Being different and distinct sizes helps so I don't need to really check which goes on which. So I like them to match :p

I love orange, so I often go for that option, or whatever Catches my eye in a range. I own WAY too many collars/ leads/ harness etc. most of which don't get used :p

The stuff I use most is:

Their fluoro orange syntek collars for normal use, the orange looks amaze-balls on black coats!

And flashy burgundy leather and bling 'dress up' (trialling/ special occasion) collar/ lead sets. Reg's from Ruthless Leather and Smudge's is from Karma collars. Love having short haired dogs! The Border Collie's coat 'eats' whatever she wears :(

Lead wise, I prefer a matching set with the collar, or black. I have lots of black leads and attachments :p

With my two it depends on the bit of kit, if they are going for a swim/bush walk they usually have comfort flex harnesses and martingales on, Alf is blue and Issy hot pink, they have matching fleece and webbing leads for these but their longlines are black gripper ones. They also both have red comfort flex collars because I had red leads,

If they are wearing named collars Alf is purple and Issy black - these were usually for events so they don't use them much anymore. They have K9 Pro leather martingales and leads so they are all black. They have some custom made collars OH bought when he was in the USA, they are a chestnut leather. They have a variety of coloured tag collars which came from DoL - very well made and light, then they have a few "special" ones for Halloween, Christmas etc. I usually make sure they are dressed in sets, just because it is easier to keep things organised that way - but if OH takes them out they are just as like to be in a rainbow of colours and even each others kit. LOL.

With my two it depends on the bit of kit, if they are going for a swim/bush walk they usually have comfort flex harnesses and martingales on, Alf is blue and Issy hot pink, they have matching fleece and webbing leads for these but their longlines are black gripper ones. They also both have red comfort flex collars because I had red leads,

If they are wearing named collars Alf is purple and Issy black - these were usually for events so they don't use them much anymore. They have K9 Pro leather martingales and leads so they are all black. They have some custom made collars OH bought when he was in the USA, they are a chestnut leather. They have a variety of coloured tag collars which came from DoL - very well made and light, then they have a few "special" ones for Halloween, Christmas etc. I usually make sure they are dressed in sets, just because it is easier to keep things organised that way - but if OH takes them out they are just as like to be in a rainbow of colours and even each others kit. LOL.

Coogie my sister is like this. :eek: If it fits it goes on the body. If it is the first leash she puts her hand touches that's what gets clipped on. Those named poo bag holders mean nothing! I lose minutes from my life every time I see what the dogs come home wearing from an outing with her!

Emma was purple (although purple is sort of extending across everyone a little bit for some things!).

Kenzie is red.

Hamish is blue (I wanted aqua but it's too hard to get the stuff I want in aqua so settled for blue!).

Nana Gem is currently wearing pink, mostly because that's what I had as my spare collar/lead set

My new puppy will be pink, most likely a hot pink!

I like colour coding as it means I know what belongs to who!!! My dogs don't wear their collars at home so it is easier having colour coding as their collars are fitted to them so I don't have to think about it when I put them on!! And I like my lead to match their collar - plus when I'm holding several it means I know which end belongs to which dog!!

Maverick has purple martingale collar & lead.

Willow has green collar & lead but her harness has cupcakes on it :laugh:

Elke has pink martingale collar & lead but her harness is purple & white.

That's about as far as it goes, their bowls, coats ect don't match the colour coding and the dogs don't wear collars at home so it's purely for convience grabbing leads and collars when heading out the door with them.

Edited by MavericksMission