The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took my feeling out on my photography today. This is called regretful decision When opportunities present themselves on bad timing, you have to say no but regret it and just want to sit in a room alone.

3193581144_279e59c1c4.jpg

another.

3193581150_1bf6523c95.jpg

Another fab day of photos, Rocco fan bloody tastic as always, and MTD I absolutely love your sun set, it is stunning, I would have to say the sun set is my fav for the day!! Not very adventurous here Im afraid, too darn hot to get excited over anything, oh I love the ice shot too, it made me feel a little cold which is lovely in 38% I shouldnt complain now as Im home from work with no air con to my house with 2 air cons, dont know what we ever did without them.

anyway heres mine for today. My big boy Cooper Jay, he got on the bed and I only had the lamp on, using my Nikon 50mm lense no flash iso 100 auto shutter and aperture. the lense is quite ok in low light, Im loving it, in the second shot he spralled out and i did fan his ears out a bit, they are fab ears I love them!! I couldnt decide between the two so I add them both.

January 13th

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0074-1.jpg

MTD stunning pic. Love all the colours ans such clarity. Great job.

tlc love the ear shot!

Rocco I think we all have days like that.. I'm hearin ya.

PC what a great shot of your boy.

Well that dam moon was mocking me early this morning when I took the dogs out for a wee so I raced back inside and took its photo. It is my best one to date.

IMG_7788.jpg

I can finally move on and focus on other subjects :thumbsup:

Edited by JAG

MTD - like they said, stunning snap of the sun setting :thumbsup:

Phooey JAG! I am sitting here waiting for the moon to come up because I haven't gotten a decent shot all day, now you've gone and stolen my idea :rofl: No matter, looks like i'll have to wake the cat up then :rofl: BTW it is a beautiful pic of the moon :rofl:

Wow that moon shot is awesome, I took some the other night that I thought werent half bad, but I cant for the life of me get the creters to show like that. Well done!! What sort of zoom lense are you using? what setting did you have your camera on just out of interest, if you dont mind me asking??

Thanks everyone for the very encouraging comments. Think I'll stick to sunsets :rofl:

Took quite a few this time experimenting with ISO. amazing the different results you get :thumbsup:

tlc Cooper is very very handsome. I have admired him before. What breed is he ? Gorgeous photos especially the ear one

Phooey JAG! I am sitting here waiting for the moon to come up because I haven't gotten a decent shot all day, now you've gone and stolen my idea No matter, looks like i'll have to wake the cat up then BTW it is a beautiful pic of the moon

:thumbsup: at aquaticmalamute. You have no idea how long and how many pics it has taken me to get that one decent shot of the glow ball. :rofl: And to make matters worse I have been out side with the mozzies at all hours, tripod and the works setting up for that all important shot. I get up this morning to let the poodles out and woah and behold the moon is sitting there laughing at me. I raced in, grabbed the camera and just clicked off 4 shots to be precise. Didn't put any thought into it at all. First one was washed out readjusted the settings a bit, lent up against the side of the house and shot. Thought they were going to be blurry as I am not very good at holding the zoom lens still. But all is good and I can now say I did it. :rofl:

Anyway there is no such thing as a stolen idea. Go out there and get that shot! Lea and Krislin had moon shots up before me (when I was trying) and theres are both excellent too. They inspired me get it right :rofl:

The details of the shot are:

Canon EOS400D

1/200

f 9.0

ISO 400

lens 75-300 full zoom

manual focus

Photography by torchlight. No flash. I just took this a few minutes ago with torchlight. I put a white plastic shopping bag over the torch to soften the glow and, torch in one hand, camera in the other I took this little frog. I am pretty happy with it considering the tecnique I had to use.

IMG_2657s.jpg

1/10

f 1.6

ISO 400

lens, my fantastic 50mm 1.4

Edited by Kirislin