Dog Fight, What To Put On Punture Wounds?

Ok so these boys are NEVEREVER running together again..worst dog fight ever, included with me getting bitten badly too...

so both dogs (after i gently washed each dog to find wounds and see if they needed vet, luckily no) all wounds are punture wounds, what is the best stuff to put on them (an MINE) so they dont get infected?

Worst ever dog fight, even after I got them separated one jumped and grabbed the others tail...and kept going, being big and prego didnt help me in getting them apart, water tub tipped on them, I had to prize jaws open still didnt work as they regrapped - ended up seperating them by putting each on either side of fence (waist height and then prizing open jaws.

my god I am still shaking

it has NEVEr been as vicious as this before, I seroisly thought they would kill eachother

Edited by Missymoo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, you poor thing. What a horrible thing to witness. Hope you are ok.... I was going to say you need a stiff drink.... but you are pregnant, so just take some deep breaths. I would also suggest you get checked out as well as the dogs. Better to be on the safe side.

Edited by vjb

you poor thing, it's awful when they fight, it really leaves you shaken. I would be watchful of puncture wounds, they can become infected. The other thing to watch for is the bruising, the damage might be worse than it initally looks.

Might be best to be on the safe side and take them to the vets.

do you know what triggered the fight?

Off to the doctor with you and vet for the boys.

Please don't risk anything happening to your bites (even if they just look minor) while your pregnant.

Dog bites on other dogs are sometimes bad because of the angle they're on - no opening downwards so they fill up with fluid/pus/etc.

Phone the doctor then hot sweet tea and a sit down before you do anything else.

I think it would be best to take them to the vets and get them checked over as puncture wounds can become infected.

For yourself some antiseptic and a tetnus jab if you are not up to date with that. Hope you are ok.

I think maybe the vet too but I use pure lavender oil on lots of things including puncture wounds inflicted by feral cats(on me). The worse bite I did get my tetanus updated but the rest of the time was the good old lavender oil. Never got an infected bite.

Hope you are all okay,

I agree with the off to the vets for the boys, it may be worth while to have them on antibiotics and they may stiffen up a lot after they have cooled down - although at this stage you might like them to feel a little sorry for themselves - little buggers. They can get very sore muscles, even if not from the bites, but they will have a fair bit of bruising.

Definately off to the doctor for you, you do not need an infection when you are pregnant, they may just tell you to bathe it and keep an eye on it, but you never know. Good luck

Definately keep those boys apart - naughty little furballs.

Poor you :laugh: Dog fights are horrible. Definitely go to the vet though- i had a friend whose dog was attacked and she couldn't see any punctures- a few days later he was swollen up like a balloon as a tiny puncture she had not seen had become infected. Hope everything is okay.

honestly?

betadine for all. For the dogs make a solution that looks like weak black tea, grab a syringe (no needle on the end) and squirt it into the puncture wound the squeeze out the remnants. Pick off any scabs that form to keep it open and it will heal. My dogs like to play very rough

Phenergen can help them sleep but honestly - any wounds like that here dont see a vet and no one has had an infection. Pain also makes the rotters settle down and take a break instead of bounding about on pain killers.

god I sound like a meany :laugh:

For yourself and because you are pregnant go to the doctor ASAP to get a course of ABs or whatever safe jabs. Better safe then something that could really make you sick or your baby.

Edited by Nekhbet

I'm a meany like Nekhbet, I don't take dogs to the vets, I've had a couple of bitch fights here with a few minor puncture wounds and none of them ever got infected. I've acquired a few wounds myself breaking up the fights and they didn't get infected either. I keep my tetanus vaccs up to date, but that's all.

However as you're pregnant it's probably best that you go to the doctor as a precautionary measure. Horrible things dog fights, I hate them and they're one of the few things that really upset me.