Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Anything that is a must see in Tas in your opinion?

So far I have:

Mt Wellington

Freycinet

Port Arthur and boat tour of the isle of the dead or whatever it's called

Hastings Caves or Mt Field

Christmas Hills Raspberry farm

MONA (of course)

I lived in Tas for a few years and your list is a pretty good one!

I loved Port Arthur - amazing site. The Devils Kitchen is a bit of coast close to Port Arthur that is worth a look for its steep cliffs etc. Actually that whole area is pretty great. Mt Wellington is definately worth a trip too. Cradle Mountain is another good one, if you have the time. Mt Field and Russell Falls are lovely too. I haven't been back since MONA was opened but I hear nothing but great things about it.

Salamanca markets and the Salamanca area is a lovely place for a lazy afternoon stroll. Some great icecream available on the docks and some nice arty furniture and woodwork shops to wander through.

Lol emery.....even I have been to Rottnest ;-)...mind you that was a lot of years ago :-).

I live about 13kms south of Hobart. The agility weekend are in Hobart one weekend and Launceston the next. I'll get the dates in a minute.

That looks like a pretty good list of things to see and do. You can include Richmond for a historic village in the south, and in the north. There's a really scenic drive from Deloraine up into the central Plateau and lakes. Just a word of warning..don't be fooled by what look like short distances on maps...they'll always take quite a bit longer than you'd think...winding narrow roads, and a lot to look at.

Have a talk to Deb H too. She and Bobbi came over a few years ago.

I will be going to Tassie for the second time, the first time I was 14.

I LOVED Launceston and remember how beautiful Cradle Mountain was. We drove up to Storeys Creek since my dad grew up there and I got SOOOOOO car sick on the road there and back, plus went to the mankiest, grossest public toilet in the world.

We visited Bicheno and saw penguins! Plus went to Hobart and Port Arthur. I don't remember much of Hobart except being in the Hotel room and seeing some naughty child in a car take off a handbrake and have the car roll down the hill and into a building :laugh:

Port Arthur was amazing but there was a few awkward moments since Mum and Dad didn't tell us about the awful recent events and my brother and I said some things like 'Mum why is there a burn out cottage' and 'Mum why would they have a picture up of two little girls' :o

I'm looking forward to taking some pictures there though :thumbsup:

Would like to hear about the agility stuff going on Tassie :D

Hi all! Well we might have a house fineally! Have to wait for up to 6 weeks till we could move in but things seem to be looking up :) Also in a couple of weeks we are thinking of going over to Perth, prob wont be able to do anything doggy as the bf and a friend are coming to.

I love Tassie. I loved Port Arthur and the ghost tour and cradel mountain. I climbed up the nut never doing that again :laugh: The only thing I didnt like about Tassie was when we went to Straghn ( I hope thats how you spell it :o ) there were wasps everywhere :eek:

Hi :wave: I 'think' I've been in and introduced myself before. If not, I'm Anne from NOR :wave: I have two Cavalier's - Koda is tri-coloured and 21 months old and Gypsy is Ruby coloured and 12 weeks old. I'm looking for a vet who does the tri-annual vaccines here in Perth can anyone recommend one? Gypsy is due for her second vaccine next week and I've been ringing around trying to find one and had the brainwave of coming and asking the locals :laugh: I've only been living in Perth for 4 years so am slowly getting to know my way around and it would be nice to get to know a good vet. Thanks ....

The one and only time I have been to Tasmania we had to put up with 40C weather - and no airconditioning :eek:

Hi all! Well we might have a house fineally! Have to wait for up to 6 weeks till we could move in but things seem to be looking up :) Also in a couple of weeks we are thinking of going over to Perth, prob wont be able to do anything doggy as the bf and a friend are coming to.

Yay to having a house! Hopefully it all goes to plan :)

Hi :wave: I 'think' I've been in and introduced myself before. If not, I'm Anne from NOR :wave: I have two Cavalier's - Koda is tri-coloured and 21 months old and Gypsy is Ruby coloured and 12 weeks old. I'm looking for a vet who does the tri-annual vaccines here in Perth can anyone recommend one? Gypsy is due for her second vaccine next week and I've been ringing around trying to find one and had the brainwave of coming and asking the locals :laugh: I've only been living in Perth for 4 years so am slowly getting to know my way around and it would be nice to get to know a good vet. Thanks ....

Welcome and remember to post photos :D Can't help with a vet sorry, but will they do 3 year vaccines on puppies or do they tend to wait until the 16 month booster?

Hi guys :wave: I'm still alive, just been soooo busy with work recently, so a belated congrats to all of your who had fun at The Royal :)

I've just had my 85yr old great aunt on the phone in tears as she has put her dog in boarding kennels today and won't be having him back. She has realized he is just too much for her and can't cope with him anymore :(

He is a 7yr old Jack Russell type, white and tan boy. Neutered, vaccinated microchipped etc, but he is just too lively for my aunt, so I will help her re-home him. I'll give Shenton a ring tomorrow, but thought I'd mention it in here in case anyone knows of someone looking for a terrier type dog. He has a lovely temperament, would need training but has picked up the few things I have shown my aunt quickly. Not sure how he'd be with cats as any critter that gets in her yard doesn't last long. She takes him out on daily walks, so I think he is ok on the lead, but don't think he has ever been off-lead with her.

Pic attached, not great but she sent me this one of him with a visiting friend. Any other suggestions of where to try with regards to finding him a home would also be appreciated.

post-34105-0-90466600-1351166481_thumb.jpg

Hmmm - Duncraig Vets on Marri might. Or you could try Wanneroo Vets, which are a bit further north. I use them, and they're pretty progressive.

Just forgot - you could also try Ocean Reef Veterinary clinic. They're quite good.

Edited by Faolmor