Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Frank is gorgeous :love: I had a long -hair miniature daschund and he lived to 17 :) I have decided to get another one later on down the track.

You will be totally smitten (probably already are) and he will wrap you around his paws :laugh:

Kanae I imagine the next few weeks will go very slow! Waffles is very cute!

tomorrow is the big day! We're finishing off our shopping and hopefully we have everything. We are so excited to be getting him! He is such a beautiful chocolate colour. We're planning on buying a Basset Hound in a year or two but I think we may have our work cut out for us finding one!

Kanae - Waffles is adorable!! The weeks will go quickly!

dotdashdot - Not long to go until you bring your baby home! Do you have any photos?

The weeks are flying by! This sunday will mark 2 weeks to go! I do have photos, but they are via FB (i'm friends with the breeder) so I don't feel comfortable sharing. I may show the individual pic I get this weekend though! Then I will know who I'm getting :)

I asked my mum about names, don't know if the breeder would like it but "**** Jaz Afrikan Queen" sounded perfect (I KNEW I needed mum's input!) it totally suits a little girl with the African name Nala :).

LisaCC - sorry missed your post. I am not an expert on corgi breeding but fluffies are not too common, but they can pop up in any litter as many corgis have the fluffy gene in them. I believe that both parents need to have the gene present for a fluffy to be born, but I could be wrong? They are not specifically bred as it is considered a breed fault, but I do not believe there is any aim to prevent the gene from passing on, I am uncertain the reasons for this so maybe someone with more experience and knowledge could explain? :)

I can finally join this forum legitimately. I'm getting a show Japanese Spitz puppy in 2 weeks time from Katie P. I have named the puppy Laci................

How exciting!! My girl comes home in 2 weeks as well :) I still don't know which girl is mine yet, they were assessed this week though and she was taking photos last night...i'm on FB every hour checking if they're up yet! :laugh: my husband keeps reminding me that she has a life too lol.

Edited by dotdashdot

Hi ! :)

I'm new here...let me start by saying Frank and Waffles are ridiculously cute!!! We're getting our first ever dog, he's 3 weeks old today so we should get him in about 6 weeks :D Super Super excited...he's a Golden Retriever. Have done loads of reading, organised vets, puppy schools and puppy daycare, spent ridiculous amounts of money on everything puppy related and even imported an awesome crate from the US.

I have two kids 9 and 13 years old who don't know we're getting a puppy, thought it might be nice to surprise them with it...started off not telling them because we wanted to wait till it was all set in stone, now we're thinking it'd be cool to spring it on them :D

Hi ! :)

I'm new here...let me start by saying Frank and Waffles are ridiculously cute!!! We're getting our first ever dog, he's 3 weeks old today so we should get him in about 6 weeks :D Super Super excited...he's a Golden Retriever. Have done loads of reading, organised vets, puppy schools and puppy daycare, spent ridiculous amounts of money on everything puppy related and even imported an awesome crate from the US.

I have two kids 9 and 13 years old who don't know we're getting a puppy, thought it might be nice to surprise them with it...started off not telling them because we wanted to wait till it was all set in stone, now we're thinking it'd be cool to spring it on them :D

How exciting, have you got photos yet?

I'd be using the few weeks until he arrives to start training the kids. Teaching about appropriate excrement levels and how much the pup is going to need quiet time, getting the house rules consistent on puppy training (teaching pup to sit for pats, sit for food, not to jump up etc), and involving them with setting up his puppy pen and learning grooming techniques so they can learn to be responsible for day to day things for him.

Surprises are fun, but teaching kids and pups how to interact is even more fun (especially so you aren't trying to train the pup AND the kids for the first few weeks when the pup is home).

Tonight I got photos of the 4 girls...but instead of being told which one I'm getting she told me to tell her my preferences...by god what a hard decision! I hope we made a good one...I don't want to share pics until I know which one is ours, but if we get our first pick then she is so beautiful. Our second pick is as well, more like Cleo with a darker muzzle and eyes.

I was sitting here with my dally book checking stifles, pasterns, toplines. But I really don't care which one of the four we get, they are all stunning girls and I'd be happy with any. At the end of the day, it's a puppy and that makes me SQUEEEEE

Is it strange that I've changed my desktop background to one of the pics? lol.

dotdashdot - how exciting! Are you able to visit the puppies and chose one in person? Or are they too far away?

Surprises are fun, but teaching kids and pups how to interact is even more fun (especially so you aren't trying to train the pup AND the kids for the first few weeks when the pup is home).

Totally agree the kids will need training too...I've bought some books for the kids to read on being a dog owner and we plan to have them come to puppy school with us to watch/be involved.

Tonight I got photos of the 4 girls...but instead of being told which one I'm getting she told me to tell her my preferences...by god what a hard decision! I hope we made a good one...I don't want to share pics until I know which one is ours, but if we get our first pick then she is so beautiful. Our second pick is as well, more like Cleo with a darker muzzle and eyes.

I was sitting here with my dally book checking stifles, pasterns, toplines. But I really don't care which one of the four we get, they are all stunning girls and I'd be happy with any. At the end of the day, it's a puppy and that makes me SQUEEEEE

Is it strange that I've changed my desktop background to one of the pics? lol.

Woohoo, cant wait to see which pup will be going home with you.

I picked up my White Swiss Shepherd puppy on Sunday and I decided to call her Precious. She is the most vocal/ talkative dog I have ever owned so she is going to be a big learning curve for me. She gets on so well with both my other dogs which is brilliant.

Asleep on the tiles

post-45119-0-40045000-1384301548_thumb.jpg

Hello please let me in..... I'm so cute

post-45119-0-92389500-1384301568_thumb.jpg post-45119-0-75941900-1384301583_thumb.jpg

I said let me in NOW

post-45119-0-99931000-1384301600_thumb.jpg