Waiting For A Puppy This Thread Is For You

jess live die

Hey guys!! Long time reader (years:| ) first post! I am finally getting a puppy!!! I am absolutley beside myself, it's been a long time since I have had a pup, my last dog GR passed suddenly in 2009 he was 8. My new pup is coming home late Jan, currently almost 2 weeks old border collie boy!! I have been waiting such a long time, but these last weeks are killing me!

Just over a week left, and they're very rural not sure how easy it would be to get another food. I've found and bought something almost identical to the dog pro, cobber. Not exactly my cup of tea but it should make the transition easier.. I hope

I know it's not recommended but when I got Cleo I switched her food instantly. I really didn't want to get Supercoat at that time, and there were no ill effects or diarrhea. With Nala I've taken it slow and bought the supercoat and the stuff I was switching too, and she's had the runs! Totally cut Supercoat out now, and her poos are firming up again.

Cobber, Dog pro, Bonnie, Coprice would all be in the same basket really, much of a muchness.

Hey guys!! Long time reader (years:| ) first post! I am finally getting a puppy!!! I am absolutley beside myself, it's been a long time since I have had a pup, my last dog GR passed suddenly in 2009 he was 8. My new pup is coming home late Jan, currently almost 2 weeks old border collie boy!! I have been waiting such a long time, but these last weeks are killing me!

Congrats! and Welcome to the thread.

--Lhok

Thanks Lhok! I am so excited!!

Pippin13 the last bit of waiting is the worst! Unlucky about not getting a January pup:( The right one will come along :)

I have already picked his name, he will be Flick. Couldn't bear for the kids to name another animal around here..the last one a cat who they called white snowflake, she gets whitey for short;)

After heaps of talking it over with multiple assistance dog trainers, his breeder and my vets, it is in Treble's best interests once he is stable to find another home as it won't be fair on him to leave him at home all the time while the new dog and I go out the other thing that would put him at risk is if I ever have to go away Treb would have to go into boarding while the other dog would come with me which everyone agrees would be very hard on Treble and would stress him out which puts him at risk of an Addison's crisis which is life threatening. It sucks as I want to keep him because he is an awesome dog and I love him so much.

The new assistance dog will be a Rottweiler.

Not really I need to chat to some rottie breeders first, I have had a few recommendations (well 7 have been recommended :p) so that's a lot of homework to do. I know I would like a female unless there is a boy that has all the right qualities.

--Lhok