Tiggy

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How cute :D I love watching them learning to learn. Shaping rocks :rock:

I agree- Shaping is awesome way for them to learn.

Pippa is gorgeous RS.

+1

i used shaping when teaching Wilbur to play soccer with the soccerball instead of just humping it :laugh: now he goes nuts using his nose and mouth to chase the ball around the yard; way better than just getting warm and tingly with it :D

Great video TSD, the self rewarding made me lol :laugh:

We have been doing some dumbbell work with no pressure on precision and we are doing much better motivation-wise! Yay! And as a consequence, the mouthing has lessened and I am getting nicer fronts with no extra work except making it super fun.

Terrific video TSD :thumbsup:

We have a double obedience Trial this weekend our first one for ages and ages. So please send all the UDX fairies back to WA via Bunbury ;) And this weekend will be the test to see if Soggy's sit stays have been mended :confused: Fingers and toes crossed ;)

Fingers crossed Ptolomy - will be waiting on results ;). Kenz's drop stays are now broken as are her sit stays - she was offering me sit stays when I left her in a drop and breaking her sit stays by lifting her backside and wanting to come racing after me. Hmmmmm back to the repair workshop we go.

Good luck Ptolomy! (And Bedazzled and RS if you are going!) :thumbsup:

Had a very motivated day today and did a few little training sessions with both dogs that went great. Plus on Monday at training Toby made me soooooooooo proud by offering me focused heelwork close to other dogs, working, tugging, squeaking balls....

Terrific video TSD :thumbsup:

We have a double obedience Trial this weekend our first one for ages and ages. So please send all the UDX fairies back to WA via Bunbury ;) And this weekend will be the test to see if Soggy's sit stays have been mended :confused: Fingers and toes crossed ;)

I'm sure you'll do well judging by how the guys have been training ;)

Good luck this weekend in Bunbury! I won't be there but my next trial in what seems like AGES is in a fortnight at the States :) Think it has been ages, my last obedience trial was in July!! eek1.gif

Did you end up entering Ruby in open?

The States - hmmm it will be a busy night for me 4 dogs in 6 classes :eek:

Good luck this weekend in Bunbury! I won't be there but my next trial in what seems like AGES is in a fortnight at the States :) Think it has been ages, my last obedience trial was in July!! eek1.gif

Did you end up entering Ruby in open?

The States - hmmm it will be a busy night for me 4 dogs in 6 classes :eek:

Yeah. You're persuasive when you want to be! :p No chance in hell she's gonna get the SFE - didn't realise who was judging until after entries were sent! Might have to get a few of you to really lean into her next week at training and see how she goes!

You're a glutton for punishment :laugh: I was feeling quite relaxed about only having 1 dog in, and now I have 2, I feel a bit stressed :rofl: I have no idea how you cope!!!

I am not sure about states, masons turns are really not good, I could go in and probably pass but it wont be pretty so I am not sure if I am going to bother.

Question obedience triallers!! There are 2 type of about turns, the show turns and then the other type ( no idea what the name is). Is it possible to do the other turns??I only see people doing the show turn. Either way I am a bit stuck as he cant do show turns to save his life ( seems to be getting worse and I know I must be doing something wrong). And he does not know the other turns at all....