Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Is funny.. ive been thinking about when Jed is awake and aware again, been thinking to myself "jeez I hope the nurses who are looking after her dont have a doodeloodle.." can you imagine Jed's reaction?? Makes me smile :hug: .. can just see them showing Jed pics of their 'purebred' doodle lol.

I too was thinking this :(

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad Jane has come through her graft surgery OK.

Those giving constant updates, thank you so much. It is so good of the family and close friends to be prepared to share this information with so many that do not even know Jane. Particularly when the family will have so much else going on and so much to worry about with it all.

Once again, thank you so much to the teams of people working so closely to the situation at hand... animal carers, property minders, co-ordinators. Your continued efforts are so very appreciated.

Thank you so much for the updates, It really helps us that are worrying from behind our screens and unable to physically assist.

I know that this has been a huge wake up call for us, we have installed the smoke alarm that has been sitting in it's packet on the table, waiting for a 'round-tuit'

We climbed up into the ceiling to check the flu and wiring & insulation.

The fires in Vic made us more aware of fire hazards around our place, but now we have made more efforts around the home.

My thoughts are with you Jed.

fifi

Brief update via text from Caitlin as follows..

Jane has had skin grafts today and if all goes well they may reduce sedation over the weekend. No setbacks, but the facial burns look very painful. She will keep me updated, as I will you.

Thanks guys.

She is likely to be in ICU till late next week, so still no visitors outside family :hug:

I'm glad to hear that there have been no setbacks and that surgery went as expected.

Thank you so much for the update Toohey.

Mona, that was a beautiful poem you wrote for Jed

KL:
I know it's a predicament that NO ONE would like to be in... but realistically, at the end of the day, she'd done what was safely possible and had to ensure her own safety

I think she went way beyond that.

Me too. Threw personal safety completely out the window by the sounds of it. I'm guessing the only reason she didn't go back in yet again was that she physically couldn't.

Doesn't the government have bravery awards?

No point in me keeping all of the bawling to myself Mita. :(

No fear of that. :hug:

yep I hear you.Seems Ive been quite successful in spreading the bawling around but last night when I heard Magnus was gone for a little while I thought perhaps I was too bawling and that I might never stop. :)

I had much the same issue and I've never even met Jed or her animals. I can only imagine how much harder this is for those of you who are personally involved. Hugs to all of Jed's friends and family. :hug:

After last night's bawling session I woke today looking like Ella did when she got a bee sting, puffy swollen half shut eyes...such a good look. I had to drag out the eye makeup for the first time in years. No it didn't make any difference, just had puffy swollen half shut eyes with brown lids.

Thanks for all the updates and photos today Steve, Toohey and Goldchow. So good to hear that Jed 's surgery went well.

Just touching on an earlier point made by a few people about how this tragedy has touched so many...when my housemate found out that I was off to the bank to make a small contribution she added her own to mine. She is not a DOL member and had never heard of Jed until a couple of days ago...

Steve (or whoever is receiving the cards), just a thought - when the cards start coming in, might be an idea to save them until after Jane's family have broken some of the sad news to her, I offered sympathy for her losses (no names though) as well as get well wishes, so wouldn't want that to get to her before they'd spoken with her.

I've been coming in here all day for some news, I'm so glad that Jed has come through the surgery well and look forward to more positive updates in the days to come.

I don't have a huge amount of spare cash to donate, so I've spread donations over a few pays, I'm assuming $$ will be needed for some time to come.

Lots of love to everyone who is doing such a fabulous job to help out. DOL really can be such a fabulous place to be.

Started reading tonight after wondering all today if Magnus had been found.I actually got chills reading the update and trying not to cry in front of my daughter with horrible aching lump in throat.May they all rest in peace.

What a terrible, terrible tragedy but like so many tragedies, it certainly brings the best out in people.

Sometimes I feel a bit silly in front of my partner when he sees the extra mile I go for my pets as he really isn't an animal person.To come here and know people feel that same bond with their dogs and to know right now that crying over someone I have never met but can emphasise with because I couldn't bare to think of losing my boys in any circumstance...is reassuring.

I hope in the future, when Jane can see the support from everyone that it can ease some of the pain...to know that she won't be alone in her grieving process, that so many people are willing to share that burden with her...it humbles me.

I've just caught up and admit to a tumble of emotions, with the news that Magnus and the other pups were found under Jed's bed and that Jed's had her first surgery and is doing OK. I hope she continues to improve but oh what a hard road ahead with not only the healing but the emotional recovery from the loss of her little loved ones and her home. Sending healing hugs to Jed.

I read this some time ago and saved it on my computer...It is an appropiate message for the beautiful Magnus TBCSITW and his mates...

"I think their spirit goes up there, to Sirius, the Dog Star. I can't imagine anything else that would keep it burning so bright and constant." --- Captain Ezra Harper, from the novel, DogStar

http://www.gonetodogstar.com/

KL:
I know it's a predicament that NO ONE would like to be in... but realistically, at the end of the day, she'd done what was safely possible and had to ensure her own safety

I think she went way beyond that.

She sure did go well and truly beyond that. She put the welfare of her beloved dogs before herself.

Is funny.. ive been thinking about when Jed is awake and aware again, been thinking to myself "jeez I hope the nurses who are looking after her dont have a doodeloodle.." can you imagine Jed's reaction?? Makes me smile :laugh: .. can just see them showing Jed pics of their 'purebred' doodle lol.

I too was thinking this :p

I'm guessing Jed's reaction would be thoughtful, complimentary and kind.

It's not the fault of the little oodles that they're being overbred by the wrong people for all the wrong reasons.

Thanks to those who are keeping us updated on Jed's condition. Greatly appreciated.

Edited by cavNrott