Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

More healing thoughts coming your way. Those pressure suits are amazing the way they reduce scarring even if they are uncomfortable to wear.

Hopefully you will be out of them before summer. I don't imagine they would be fun to wear in a Qld summer.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked in and was delighted to see your post Jed.

Great news that most of your grafts have taken well Here's hoping the others will settle down in time.

Well done you for making sure you wear the pressure garments, so important!

Keep on smufing take care

Barb and Pippa

xx

You latest posts have filled me with mixed emotions yet again, Jed: stomach heaving at the descriptions of your skin grafts, horror at what have you been through and continue to go through, total amazement at your seemingly matter of fact acceptance and moving forward attitude and incalculable admiration for your strength of purpose. And continuing deep sorrow at what you have lost.

(And for you too, Silverdog :laugh::laugh::):cry: )

May your courage and strength (and love for little Phoenix) and the wonderful IRL friends and family continue to sustain you.

ETA: Yesterday, I was speaking to an adopter of one of my rescue dogs. She has a crewcut too - through Chemotherapy though. She agrees that it is very easy to look after :D .

Edited by Mother Moocher

Just popped in to say hello Jed. Thinking of you and wishing you a smooth recovery. I am heartened to hear you are dong well. Never mind about the crewcut- hair is so overrated! Hoping you get an opportunit to see your kids soon.

Hi Jed.

I do pop in regularly but haven't posted before this.

A friend of mine was severely burnt in a house fire also so I can sort of understand the mental and physical pain.

It is a difficult and long healing process - mental as well as stressful on the body.

Those pressure garments are a bastard to remove and put on and it's bloody painful. I helped my friend out a few times as she has a couple of accidents whilst going to the loo. Her burns were down her legs, her bum, a bit on her chest and her arms, her hands and fingers.. We had some funny moments though and we certainly had to get over the embarrassing part of me seeing her butt.

Like you, some grafts didn't take the first time so she went in again.

She recovered.

In time, so will you. Be strong, accept help when others offer and let time heal you. Use this time to indulge in all those little pleasures that you normally wouldn't allow yourself.

Sending tonnes of healing vibes.

Fanatstic to see your posts Jed.

I was wondering about your dogs but did not want to ask, so thank you for that.

I am so pleased you are keeping Phoenix. She will always be a little bit extra special that one.

I am so glad to hear your grafts have taken well - apart from the arm one and your are wearing your pressure gramnets. They will make sure that your scars are as minimal as possible. You are such a brave lady Jed.

I think of you everyday and send healing vibes to you and cuddles and kisses to your dogs waiting for you when you are able to have them with you again.

I am sure you are all getting a little impatient on that front.

Hope you continue to heal well.

More healing thoughts coming your way. Those pressure suits are amazing the way they reduce scarring even if they are uncomfortable to wear.

Hopefully you will be out of them before summer. I don't imagine they would be fun to wear in a Qld summer.

2 years for the pressure garments, but I am about to dispense with one over a burn which is healing nicely - only discoloured. The pressue garments over the shoulder + silicone patches will probably stay for the full 2 years, as that will be slow healing, and it is important, as it is over the shoulder and arm joint and joints need more care, s othere is no tightening and loss of use of the arm.

I hope everyone is coping with the dialogue - you have all been so caring, I thought you might like to know what was happening, but if anyone is upset, my apologies, and if you would rather not know, please tell me.

Pheonix has very big shoes to fill - my beautiful lost baby girl is a hard act to follow. But we will do our best with Pheonix and see what transpires. I haven't not had a boxer for 30 years,when I had to wait 8 weeks for a pup, and this is not the right time to be without one, even though she is with someone else at the moment. If she shapes up as well as her half sister Paris, she will do :laugh: Oh, look, she's a boxer, that's about all she needs. :laugh:

MM, I cannot change the past, and the only change I would make would be for the house not to catch fire, or for me to have awoken earlier, before the dogs succumbed to CO2, so I could have got them outside - but that was not to be, so I can only go on in faith and hope, to a brighter future. :laugh:

I'm glad I specially cuddled all my dogs before bed that night, brushed the cockers, played with the boxers, gave out liver treats. I'm glad they had good lives.

Jed, you don't know me at all but I feel like I know you...

Before this all happened to you I was an avid reader but not much of a poster. I always looked forward to every one of your posts, and felt you were the most knowledgeable person on this forum, with such a wonderful way of delivering that knowledge to everyone else.

When I read what had happened and I read that it had been YOU, I was heartbroken. You would be the last person to ever deserve something like this. I followed all the threads, hoped for Magnus's return, and cried with everyone else when we discovered that he had not made it.

I am still reading every day and although I don't post much I want you to know that i'm sending all the healing thoughts in the world to you. I am so sorry for your loss and wish there was a way all of us could make it better.

Remember that there are probably three times as many people like me who read but don't post much, that are all thinking of you around the country too.

Keep healing, Lady. :laugh:

Jed, you don't know me at all but I feel like I know you...

Before this all happened to you I was an avid reader but not much of a poster. I always looked forward to every one of your posts, and felt you were the most knowledgeable person on this forum, with such a wonderful way of delivering that knowledge to everyone else.

When I read what had happened and I read that it had been YOU, I was heartbroken. You would be the last person to ever deserve something like this. I followed all the threads, hoped for Magnus's return, and cried with everyone else when we discovered that he had not made it.

I am still reading every day and although I don't post much I want you to know that i'm sending all the healing thoughts in the world to you. I am so sorry for your loss and wish there was a way all of us could make it better.

Remember that there are probably three times as many people like me who read but don't post much, that are all thinking of you around the country too.

Keep healing, Lady. :laugh:

Well said Melzawelza :laugh:

You are never far from my thoughts Jed, keep getting better

Always makes my day when I see you have posted Jed :thumbsup:

You are never far from my thoughts you know, every day I think often of you and wonder how you are doing.

While the pressure suits would be a nightmare to wear you have to admit they are a real fashion statement lol. My friends son had to wear one on his face for a year or so. I was always amazed how tight it was - but i guess thats the whole idea.

Wrapt to hear you are keeping your boxer pup.

Thanks, guys and melzawelza.

Losing weight is the problem, BB, the head of OT always gives me a hard time, but I deny I have lost anything - LOL!!

And - there is always someone worse. Last visit, there was a young man with a full pressure garment on his face, with only eyes, nose and mouth visible, and another going down his neck - mine seemed pretty good then. :happydance2: That must have been so uncomfortable. I sent him some vibes.

Keep those good vibes coming guys.

Warning - girl stuff, boys look away. After being chucked out of hospital, I rushed around and bought 4 things, so I didn't have to wear my pjs. Now I am haunting the sales, buying things I like. And I can justify it - "I don't have anything to wear" :happydance2:

As I am the hoarder from hell, my cupboards were full of all sorts of things, and it seems quite strange that all my clothes will fit into one small suitcase. I own 4 pairs of shoes - 3 new, 1 salvaged

Hi Jed :happydance2: So good to see your posts.

I am sure Phoenix will be the Best of the Best. You have bred her and you have saved her.

Phoenix is hope and new beginnings. She is perfect!

BTW, maybe hoarding material things is overrated? Life is great since I've started hoarding friendships, memories and feelings rather than things.

Get well beautiful Lady. All will be well.

Thanks, guys and melzawelza.

Losing weight is the problem, BB, the head of OT always gives me a hard time, but I deny I have lost anything - LOL!!

And - there is always someone worse. Last visit, there was a young man with a full pressure garment on his face, with only eyes, nose and mouth visible, and another going down his neck - mine seemed pretty good then. :eek: That must have been so uncomfortable. I sent him some vibes.

Keep those good vibes coming guys.

Warning - girl stuff, boys look away. After being chucked out of hospital, I rushed around and bought 4 things, so I didn't have to wear my pjs. Now I am haunting the sales, buying things I like. And I can justify it - "I don't have anything to wear" :happydance2:

As I am the hoarder from hell, my cupboards were full of all sorts of things, and it seems quite strange that all my clothes will fit into one small suitcase. I own 4 pairs of shoes - 3 new, 1 salvaged

Well you have more shoes than me. :happydance2: :happydance2: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Courtesy of the dogs eating one from each pair. Luckily BBJ is the same size so I can pinch hers when necessary.

Warning - girl stuff, boys look away. After being chucked out of hospital, I rushed around and bought 4 things, so I didn't have to wear my pjs. Now I am haunting the sales, buying things I like. And I can justify it - "I don't have anything to wear" :laugh:

I started a thread in Off Topic a little while ago about being sick of living in jeans and t-shirts and dog hair. Had lots of suggestions to start buying on line. I eventually ordered 5 items and sent 3 back (should have been 4), so I don't know that I can recommend it as although the cost of the garments is fully refundable, I still paid postage each way :rofl: ;) .

Have fun clothes shopping Jed.

A few months ago some Brissy DOLers got together in a group, and we analysed our colours and clothing styles, and we had a lot of fun looking at clothes. Sort of a style make-over day.

We were thinking of doing another one, so let me know if you would like to come along, and we can work around doing one that suits you. :)