Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Thanks, guys and melzawelza.

Losing weight is the problem, BB, the head of OT always gives me a hard time, but I deny I have lost anything - LOL!!

And - there is always someone worse. Last visit, there was a young man with a full pressure garment on his face, with only eyes, nose and mouth visible, and another going down his neck - mine seemed pretty good then. :D That must have been so uncomfortable. I sent him some vibes.

Keep those good vibes coming guys.

Warning - girl stuff, boys look away. After being chucked out of hospital, I rushed around and bought 4 things, so I didn't have to wear my pjs. Now I am haunting the sales, buying things I like. And I can justify it - "I don't have anything to wear" :laugh:

As I am the hoarder from hell, my cupboards were full of all sorts of things, and it seems quite strange that all my clothes will fit into one small suitcase. I own 4 pairs of shoes - 3 new, 1 salvaged

Jed, why not list your sizing. I for one, have heaps of things that I don't wear and will NEVER wear.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jed, you don't know me at all but I feel like I know you...

Before this all happened to you I was an avid reader but not much of a poster. I always looked forward to every one of your posts, and felt you were the most knowledgeable person on this forum, with such a wonderful way of delivering that knowledge to everyone else.

When I read what had happened and I read that it had been YOU, I was heartbroken. You would be the last person to ever deserve something like this. I followed all the threads, hoped for Magnus's return, and cried with everyone else when we discovered that he had not made it.

I am still reading every day and although I don't post much I want you to know that i'm sending all the healing thoughts in the world to you. I am so sorry for your loss and wish there was a way all of us could make it better.

Remember that there are probably three times as many people like me who read but don't post much, that are all thinking of you around the country too.

Keep healing, Lady. ;)

Well said Melzawelza ;)

You are never far from my thoughts Jed, keep getting better

Jed you truly are an inspiration :laugh: I wish you all the best with little Phoenix

Thanks for the offer of clothes, everyone.

I am living with friends, or my daughters, depending on where the medical appointments are - and who has time, to be a handmaiden, as I still need a little care, and cannot drive.

I can't accumulate any more clothes than I need to wear in the immediate present. Breaks my heart when I see good stuff on sale, and I can't fit it in. I now have 2 medium suitcases, which is almost too much to squish into someone's spare room! I have the things I had to have for winter, and now some cooler things for spring. Am going to have to arrange to store a suitcase somewhere soon.

Being a homeless person is - um - illuminating. Thank dog for family and excellent friends. And you guys :thumbsup:

Great to hear how you are progressing Jed. Your posts all sound so calm and accepting. I am sure you have your bad, sad days, but your positive attitude, on the whole shines through, and is very inspiring. Keep healing!

I am living with friends, or my daughters, depending on where the medical appointments are - and who has time, to be a handmaiden, as I still need a little care, and cannot drive.

I can't accumulate any more clothes than I need to wear in the immediate present. Breaks my heart when I see good stuff on sale, and I can't fit it in. I now have 2 medium suitcases, which is almost too much to squish into someone's spare room! I have the things I had to have for winter, and now some cooler things for spring. Am going to have to arrange to store a suitcase somewhere soon.

Being a homeless person is - um - illuminating. Thank dog for family and excellent friends. And you guys :D

So many people use so many more eloquent words to convey their feelings, but know you are in my thoughts every day and that I'm sending you all my healing thoughts :thumbsup:

Jed I have a large spare room that is 99% empty - I live in Wavell Heights and would be more than happy to store things for you if you wish to start purchasing a few more things, at absolutely no charge okay! :laugh: Additionally this room is always closed so you will not have my Bella's cat's hair all over your things :(

Ed4sp :laugh:

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

Being a homeless person is - um - illuminating. Thank dog for family and excellent friends. And you guys :cheer:

Apart from - um - illuminating :thumbsup: , it must be extremely frustrating. As you say: thank dog for family and your obviously wonderful friends. Perhaps you could design something on wheels that might help you fit your things in most easily and be more accessible than suitcases.

haven't been able to see the kids after the visit with the production crew of Animal Rescue, so am looking forward to seeing them again.

When is this going to be screened Jed?

No date yet. The producer will tell me.

Thanks for the offer of the room, FTPO - sounds good!! All my stuff is normally coated in dog or cat hair, so what's different?

MM

Perhaps you could design something on wheels that might help you fit your things in most easily and be more accessible than suitcases.

A car!! Just can't drive yet, not strong enough.

or - ta da - a shipping container

I'm a reader ,not poster too, so glad you are getting better. :laugh:

So how long to rebuild do they think?

Will you choose the same type of house/ can you pick?

I have tons of household stuff when the time comes if you need curtains, linen etc, bit of a horder :(

I even have velvet curtains i brought with me from the uk i can't bear to chuck out, but will never use :p

And if you ever come this way and your hair has grown you can come by for a hair make over :(

Continuing to send you healing vibes Jed and keeping those candles going. You and your beloved animals are often in my thoughts and prayers. It's lovely to hear you say that you're glad your dogs had good lives, I'm certain their lives were wonderful and rich. :(

It's great to hear your updates too, keep them coming. :(

I'm a reader ,not poster too, so glad you are getting better. :laugh:

So how long to rebuild do they think?

Will you choose the same type of house/ can you pick?

I have tons of household stuff when the time comes if you need curtains, linen etc, bit of a horder :(

I even have velvet curtains i brought with me from the uk i can't bear to chuck out, but will never use :p

And if you ever come this way and your hair has grown you can come by for a hair make over :(

Lovely offer, Juice, but I almost fell gasping for breath at the prospect of velvet curtains in Queensland - LOL.