Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jed, I only just saw the photos of your house! :thumbsup: It brought tears to my eyes to think of how horrific it was for you and your beautiful dogs. You are one very blessed lady to have survived that!! You are obviously still here for a reason!! :cheer:

Keep getting better Jed! My family and I are thinking of you every day!! :)

Good Morning to you Jed, a bit cold here this morning but bright and sunny.

Dog obedience this morning, Mac (10) is good at the drop and stay, he just lies there dreamin', Daisy (7) just tries her best and has come a long way in the 4-5 months I've had her when she wasn't even house trained and didn't know what 'sit' was....See you can teach old dogs new tricks! ) Penny (12) just watches and comments every now and then :laugh:

Hope you continue to feel better each day...isn't that new skin pink!

She's being a bit naughty at the moment and talking about taking scissors to her pressure gear, to stop the creases annoying her joints. Any ideas that may help her NOT do this would be most welcome!

I can't imagine it, but I have a very itchy skin and to not be able to scratch must be a nightmare :thumbsup: :D . Tell her you'll pinch her at the first sign of scissors.

Hi Jed,

I have not has any thing to say here yet, but know that not a day goes by that I do not think of you and wish you a fast recovery. I can not begin to imagine how you must feel.

Going back to your home must have been so hard.

I do hope things keep going up and better for you.

Kind thoughts and wishes

Linda

Hi Jed

Hope you are going okay today.

DO NOT take scissors to your suit - very naughty that is! They will help even though the thought of a pressure suit bomfire is probably evry inviting at the moment.

Still thinking of you every day.

Whippet hugs and kisses

Thinking of you every day Jed.

Hope you're allowed some therapeutic dog cuddling. My Jodie thinks her kisses can fix anything, from yeasty Lab ears to silly girly tears. Pink skin needs gentle massage, doesn't it?

Hope you continue to feel better each day...isn't that new skin pink!

She said her face now looks like she has had a laser lift :)

Sending lots of healing vibes Jed, you are an inspiration.

She IS an inspiration. Amazes me every time I talk to her how cheery she sounds despite everything she has been through, but that's just Jed :scared: She's being a bit naughty at the moment and talking about taking scissors to her pressure gear, to stop the creases annoying her joints. Any ideas that may help her NOT do this would be most welcome!

Dibber dobber.

It required 4 hours to measure the pressure suit so it would fit. It was decided it would end at the upper arm, as the burns on the lower arm were not 3rd degree. However, it was then decided it would continue to the wrist. It seriously abrades the inside of my elbows after a little while, and is quite painful. I intend to talk to ot tomorrow about cutting it down and stopping the edges fraying. If they wont do it I will myself :laugh: Not much point in having something which doesn''t work and causes me pain.

For whoever asked - firies have a few suspects, but do think it began in the wiring in th wall - 30 year old house. And there was no way to check the wiring. May have been the computer, or the power board, but they seem to think it could have been the wiring.

Not much theraputic dog cuddling although I went to a show last week, and had cuddles with an old friend :grimace: That was nice.

Please keep the candles going - lots more healing to do.