Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

Oh Jed, I'm so sorry for what happened. I'm sitting here crying my eyes out after seeing that picture of your girl :laugh:

May they all rest in peace and know that they were so special to you.

I'm so glad you're getting well and it's wonderful to see you back :)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So pleased for your healing steps Jed, and pray they continue in leaps and bounds, both physically and mentally.

I was told this many, many years ago as a young girl, when I lost my first precious dog, and it's something that I have never forgotten: It's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. All your babies would be saying that I'm sure.

Take care.

EM

Jed- I am ,, like everyone else SO happy to get to welcome you back,but then I think of the welcomes and waggy bums you will miss- those of your beautiful dogs who have gone over the bridge . :)

When you sleep- may your dreams not be nightmares , and I hope you can feel our love and caring wrap around you like a blanket ...

I'll just paste this- have something in my eyes and can't see too well...

And Trisven said what I am feeling too, after the joy of welcoming you back comes the sadness at your loss

'The loss of your beloved pets has always made me sad but to read it from you here tonight just breaks my heart. You have lived our worst nightmare and no matter how much I wish it otherwise, I can't make it better. I can just offer my heartfelt sympathy and hope that time helps to heal the grief you must be feeling.'

:laugh:

My heart breaks for your loss Jed and for the pain you have to endure

may the months ahead heal your pain from the loss of your loved ones and heal your heart and body

I can not imagine the heartache you will be feeling :)

but the love you have for your furkids will always stay in your heart

Ebony's Mum quote " It's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all

was what I was thinking of also

Welcome back Jed! :) I am so happy to see you back on here!!

You have been in my thoughts constantly and I am just so thrilled to see you are well enough to be online!

Your posts have made me cry all over again at your terrible loss. Jed, my heart breaks for you, for what you have lost and for what you are going through.

I cannot imagine your pain, I only know how devastated I was to hear of your loss.

Be patient Jed, and give yourself time to heal. Knowing you I can imagine you are going to start getting frustrated and wanting to do more than you are allowed,

but just let yourself have the time you need to heal your body, mind and spirit. We will all be here for you, whatever you need.

Just back from lighting another candle. Thank you so much for the wonderful update Goldchow. I haven't dropped in for a couple of days and it's so nice to come back to a positive update. :)

If you see Jed again, tell her it's simple really, not only do we miss her wisdom and truth (and sense of humour) on DOL, but Jed is our hero - she had the courage to do what we all hope we would do if we were in the same situation - ran back inside a burning building to save her animals. Some would, some wouldn't, some think they would but will never really know until they are put to the test. Jed just did it, and that is amazing and admirable. She is everything a true animal lover should be, and we love her for it. :p

We also share her pain that despite her superhuman efforts, not all made it, and that is just devastating. Being a forum of animal lovers, we can all empathise with the dreadful sorrow and grief that would cause.

How could we possibly NOT offer our support in some small way?

Love and hugs again to those supporting Jed in the real world. :heart::hug:

Ooh Jed, have just read that you have access to DOL! So pleased that you're able to read if not post. Just take care of yourself and heal at your own pace...we'll be with you every step of the way. :)

Thanks Toohey for the update!

Woohoooo!! Just saw your post Jed!! :hug::) Is it weird that I suddenly have a massive smile and want to do cartwheels (...if I still could...doubtful :laugh: ) and yet am all teary too?

I don't often drink but that calls for a celebratory drink...here's to you Jed... ;) (ok, ignore the christmas hat...it's the only emoticon raising a glass in a toast)

Welcome back! ;)

Oh dear, the wine suddenly doesn't taste so good...just saw your next series of posts Jed, and now can barely see to type... :cry: My heartfelt sympathy for your losses. Such beautiful babies...

Kissindra and Trisven said it best...we'd take away your pain if we could Jed. Big gentle hugs to you. :hug:

Off to light another candle for your babies...

Jed, it is smurftastic, smurftacular and smurferiffic to have you home again! Welcome back. I cannot imagine your pain, really I have no words. Run free little ones. In time I hope the memories of love will heal and although they will never be forgotten I hope it becomes easier to remember over time

Jed, tears are coming hard and fast at your last posts. Having not been through the physical pain you've been through and only ever having lost dogs at the natural end of their long lives, I cannot imagine what you're going through and I know I'm not alone when I say with all my heart that if there was a tiny bit of your pain I could take away I would :)

You're wonderful, keep your strength and spirits up as hard as it might be, and we will see you back in whatever capacity you are able, whenever you are able. :hug:

Jed "" Welcome Home"" to your virtual family that have sat day and night waiting with baited breath for the moment you did your first post....

I am so overjoyed that you a well enough to read and post a few replies here and there.

thankyou for sharing your memories, your love and your pictures of the beautiful babies you lost..

For Jed

What does one say to the tribute post you made to your lost dogs under the most horrific of circumstances. I can only say Jed that my heart breaks for you and the loss you must be feeling. I can not start to imagine how this time must be for you.

One thing I do know is that the words brave and courageous were used to describe you and your actions but they, Jed, are understatements to the person that you are. You are a unique soul and I only wish I could find the most appropriate word or words to describe what you have done for the love of your dogs. My heart and respect go out to you at this time.

I found it impossible to post here for you when the news first broke and I could only write "For Jed" as the overwhelming sadness I felt for you would not allow me to do anything other. Now though I am finding it impossible to find the words again.

May good fortune shine down on you and bring you a speedy physical recovery and may the beautiful memories and every lick on the face from your remaining dogs, mend your broken heart.

Edited by Bonduca

Good morning Jed and all.

Thinking of you :hug: May today bring you health and calm.

One thing I do know is that the words brave and courageous were used to describe you and your actions but they, Jed, are understatements to the person that you are. You are a unique soul and I only wish I could find the most appropriate word or words to describe what you have done for the love of your dogs. My heart and respect go out to you at this time....

May good fortune shine down on you and bring you a speedy physical recovery and may the beautiful memories and every lick on the face from your remaining dogs, mend your broken heart.

+1 Beautifully said and so true.