Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my best wishes to Jed and her family, those still with us and those who've been so tragically lost.

Jed's posts on DOL have always had my utmost respect and admiration.

Wish there was more I could do to help.

Julie, please let us know if anything specific is required in the coming times, though I realise just now money is probably the best donation.

It looks like the horses will stay on her property and we will have someone feeding and watering daily and doing what ever needs to be done at least in the short term until we settle down and see what the prognosis is.

We also have people on their way right now to pick up the dogs and they will be staying with people Jed knows for now so there isnt any urgency for foster carers at this time.

I'm keeping note of all who say they may be able to help so if we need you I will give a yell.

We are also taking the bodies to be buried rather than allowing them to be sent to the tip so Jed can see their graves.

Julie

Yes she will definitely need this to help her with the grieving process :laugh:

With her horses being able to remain on her property and her beloved surviving dogs going to stay with people she knows, will help lift a lot of the anxiety she must be feeling about her surviving dogs. ;)

:) to the people and MDBA helping her during this terrible tragedy and she will definitely need ongoing support as she tries to come to terms with such a huge loss of her beloved dogs :D and her property and possessions :p

Oh my god :thumbsup: Jed I am so incredibly sorry for you loss and I wish you a speedy recovery. I am in Brisbane too and am happy to help out in any way I can - even perhaps helping to organising a sausage sizzle at Bunnings or something!?!?!

That sounds like a great idea ill be there to help out.

Oh my god :thumbsup: Jed I am so incredibly sorry for you loss and I wish you a speedy recovery. I am in Brisbane too and am happy to help out in any way I can - even perhaps helping to organising a sausage sizzle at Bunnings or something!?!?!

Me too.

I will call Bunning during my lunch break and see what needs to be done

All my best wishes to Jed and her family, those still with us and those who've been so tragically lost.

Jed's posts on DOL have always had my utmost respect and admiration.

Wish there was more I could do to help.

Julie, please let us know if anything specific is required in the coming times, though I realise just now money is probably the best donation.

What a beautiful post, you have reflected my feelings exactly.

If it's this weekend, I'll be there too, even if I have to stay later on Sunday I'll be there. As long as I'm back in Rocky by 7am Monday I'm good.

From Bunnings website - will call the caboolture store to see whether they are booked up

Sausage Sizzles and other Fundraising Opportunities

The famous Bunnings Sausage Sizzle is enjoyed by thousands of Bunnings customers every weekend of the year, whilst also providing a valuable fundraising opportunity for local community groups. All of the funds raised are kept by the community group conducting the Sausage Sizzle.

Bunnings Sausage Sizzles are a popular fundraising activity and are typically booked out up to six months in advance.

If you would like to apply to host a Bunnings Sausage Sizzle, please contact the Activities Organiser at your local Bunnings Warehouse.

Oh no :thumbsup:

I can barely imagine the terribly grief she is feeling.

Get well soon Jed. RIP to the lost loved ones. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I cannot afford a donation right now, but will try to when I get paid next.

I too have enjoyed conversing with Jed, and reading her often informative posts. Tragedy like this is shocking and all the more so when you *know* the person.

I must admit to a feeling of relief knowing that Jed got herself and children out and away from the fire, as much as I am sad for her dogs who didn't make it and the devestation of those losses that is going to add to Jed's grief.

Condolence and healing wishes coming to you from here, Jed. :thumbsup:

MDBA - fantastic that you are onto this, I am certain that must be an enormous relief and help to Jed, both in the responsibility and emotional department. Well done and I will do what I can to assist from this end.

White Shepherd Rescue is having a fundraiser BBQ this weekend, and the committee have decided we will donate part of our takings to the MDBA Pacers to support Jed and her dogs.

Sending positive vibes to Jed and her family.