Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

There are no words.

RIP little ones, and healing thoughts and vibes to Jed...you are such an important member of my favourite community. You are so loved and we will be with you every step of the way on your recovery.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How tragic. My thoughts go to Jed and her family.

:thumbsup: RIP to the dogs lives that were lost.

Stick in there Jed, healing vibes your way.

I will make a donation tomorrow I wish I could do more.

If any fundraising is being organized I would be more than happy to volunteer to help!

:p :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can't say any more than has been said already.

I'm down that way this weekend and will be driving past Caboolture on Sunday. Please let me know if there is anything at all, big or small, that I can do to help.

If things go to plan, I will be seeing Fran on Saturday. If there is anything I can get and give her to take up there, please let me know. Otherwise, I will send a donation - or maybe as well as.

The best cocker spaniel in the world has died along with Jed's older boxers and some of her cavs who have been her heart and passion.

Some cavs have survived and also 3 boxer pups. Their Mum is dead.

Just in total shock.

OMG. I am just speechless.

My love and thoughts are with you Jed... much much love.

TBCITW. :thumbsup:

The other dogs :thumbsup:

Just such shocking news to hear that TBCSITW has gone. :cry::cry:

I remember from years back having to ask what the initials meant. They used to be around a lot and I could never work it out. :cry::cry:

Shite - condition critical? :cry: Hopefully it will change to something more hopeful soon.

Hey, Jed - you should be able to feel our love & thoughts. hang in there!

The winds must be full of love heading Jed's way. :thumbsup: :p

Her loss is beyond comprehension. She is such a strength to other people, I hope she can pull something out of the box for herself. :cry::mad

Absolutely noisy no problem. You will definitely be seeing me on Saturday there is no 'if' :thumbsup: I said in the makeover thread that if there's anything we can do as a group we will try to do something.

If Sway had not have posted about this in OT I would never have even come in this section of the forum. I hope she recovers both physcially and emotionally. What tragedy. :thumbsup: She has an obvious love for her animals and this is clearly shown in her posts.

Please keep us updated on her condition.

Any more news on how Jed is going?
OMG

Hope Jed is going to be Ok as news just said she has burns to face and arms :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

R.I.P Jed's much loved dogs

I just saw this post in OT.

Jed, you have a mountain of support here.

Edited by Golden Rules

I mentioned in a previous post how Jed is a fav DOLer of mine.

What I am reading in other peoples' posts here is indicative of what I meant by that. It seems many feel the same way.

Jed has touched so many of us including myself with her wisdom, insight and matter of factness about how she conducts herself.

She has so much passion for her dogs, clearly adores them and feels so strongly about her principles and ideals.

On several occassions I have said to myself..."God I wish Jed would start breeding my breed, as I want to purchase a puppy from her"... or "maybe I should change my breed so I can purchase a puppy from her" An element of tongue in cheek, but my admiration for this woman is immense and genuine.

Like so many other on here, I only know Jed from reading her posts, yet I am overwhelmed and astonished at just how hugely even I am effected by this devastating news. I am unable to stop crying and feel so much empathy for Jed and her animals.

Jed, please feel the love we are sending you. It is so important that you pull through. You have family that love and need you, animals that love and need you, and the dog world most definitely needs you.

Well said

Jed Please get better

Another news item

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland...00512-uwg9.html

Twelve dogs killed and woman injured in house fire May 12, 2010 - 12:35PM

At least a dozen dogs have died and a woman has suffered severe burns as she battled to save them from a house fire north of Brisbane.

The fire broke out about 3am today and quickly took hold in the low-set timber and brick home at Bellmere near Caboolture.

The Department of Community Safety said about 20 dogs were housed on the premises and the RSPCA later said at least 12 had perished.

"A further 14 dogs and three puppies have been transported to RSPCA Queensland's Fairfield shelter for emergency housing," the RSPCA said in a statement.

"The dogs included Cocker Spaniels, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and Boxers."

RSPCA Queensland spokesman Michael Beatty said it seemed most of the dogs had been living inside the Ellwood Drive property and they appeared to be in good condition.

They have been seized on animal welfare grounds.

Mr Beatty said the RSPCA was waiting to speak to the woman or her family.

Police had reported that the woman fled the house to alert emergency services before returning to try to rescue the dogs, suffering second-degree burns to her upper body, the RSPCA said.

Meanwhile, a house fire at Goodna, near Ipswich, just before midnight has left a woman with burns to her airways.

Fire investigators will also look into the cause of that fire, which caused extensive damage to the home.

Any more news on how Jed is going?
OMG

Hope Jed is going to be Ok as news just said she has burns to face and arms :thumbsup:

R.I.P Jed's much loved dogs

That was quoted from news , so hope Jed does recover :thumbsup:

Hopefully someone can ring hospital and keep us updated on Jed

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I am sitting here in tears reading this tragic news.

:thumbsup: RIP to those that lost their lives and sending much, much love to Jed while she fights her own battle.

I cannot even comprehend the magnitude of loss. Thank dog for this community and the MDBA pacers. You're all angels.

Another news item

At least a dozen dogs have died and a woman has suffered severe burns as she battled to save them from a house fire north of Brisbane.

OMG. :thumbsup: What a courageous thing for her to do. I hope she pulls through. What a devstating and incomprehensible tragedy.

Sorry, I don;t understand this bit??

RSPCA Queensland spokesman Michael Beatty said it seemed most of the dogs had been living inside the Ellwood Drive property and they appeared to be in good condition.

They have been seized on animal welfare grounds

Seized?? Please tell me that it is just poorly worded???

Another news item

OMG. :thumbsup: What a courageous thing for her to do. I hope she pulls through. What a devstating and incomprehensible tragedy.

:thumbsup: no words, so sad that so many dogs died when she risked her own life to rescue them.

Ugh. I hate the RSPCA reporting and giving statements on anything... that story didn't sound nice at all.

Anne, they would have seized them (ie: gained temporary ownership) to remove them from the dangerous property.

But the article makes it sound like Jed was an animal horder - naming 3 different breeds, that there were 20 dogs and they were all living in the house...

That's the RSPCA for you though.

Sorry, I don;t understand this bit??

They have been seized on animal welfare grounds

Seized?? Please tell me that it is just poorly worded???

I wondered that too.. I hope it is :thumbsup:

They have been seized on animal welfare grounds.

This part has me worried more than anything is there any news on what the welfare grounds are?

Though I'm not located anywhere near there I will help however those handling this see fit.